Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

One day I will try one of these ... Cox_ba12

One day I will try one of these ... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

One day I will try one of these ... Empty
Live on Patrol

One day I will try one of these ...

Go down

One day I will try one of these ... Empty One day I will try one of these ...

Post  MauricioB Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 am

The P-39, has very nice lines to my taste, and seen an infinity of planes to carry it out, I have not defined the engine but I'm seeing a 020 or 049 ... when the time comes, we'll see :-)
Someone did it?
One day I will try one of these ... P39-1010
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

One day I will try one of these ... Empty Re: One day I will try one of these ...

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 am

Wen Mac offered a .049 plastic model some years ago, I have several as it also is one of my favorite aircraft designs. Probably nothing that you are looking for though.

One day I will try one of these ... Aira_a11

The engine was located amidships and the prop drive shaft ran right between the pilots legs.  The nose was all gun.  The access to the cockpit was through a door that I always thought unique.

There are kits and plans available.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

One day I will try one of these ... Empty Re: One day I will try one of these ...

Post  MauricioB Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:07 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Wen Mac offered a .049 plastic model some years ago, I have several as it also is one of my favorite aircraft designs. Probably nothing that you are looking for though.
The engine was located amidships and the prop drive shaft ran right between the pilots legs.  The nose was all gun.  The access to the cockpit was through a door that I always thought unique.
There are kits and plans available.

Hoo friend, now that you mention it, I'm learning, I never imagined that the engine was in the middle of the fuselage and that the transmission ran between the legs of the pilots !, go design! I also see the weapons in the nose . Damn! ... Thanks for contributing with that information, it is likely that many have not noticed those details, or will I be the only one !?
Yes planes are available, I like the lines of the plane, in the future I would do it in balsa wood.
Your plastic model is very beautiful!
Thanks again! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:19 pm

I hope that you do one in balsa Mauricio, you do such beautiful work. The plastic models flew badly.

Yes, mid engine.  Just look at those exhaust manifolds. They had a cannon that shot right through the spinner.

One day I will try one of these ... P-39_b10

White ones were called "Day Fighters"

One day I will try one of these ... P-39-610

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Speaking of mid-engine layouts, here is an interesting one:

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5056

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Mauricio there is an engine that will be authentic for your Airacobra if you desire.  

This one is a Testors .049 "pipe bomb" engine out of a Testors BD-5 pusher but could be adapted.  Probably only suitable for control line though, and I know you love R/C.  Not any interior room left for electronics, and with balsa could be messy.  

Still I would love to see a model made with one.  

One day I will try one of these ... Testor10

One day I will try one of these ... Bd-510
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Also love the Wen Mac 'Cobras.  Here's the mock up of it's nose cannon at the United States Air Force Museum.
Sorry for the slightly blurred focus.

One day I will try one of these ... 5_17

One day I will try one of these ... 410

One day I will try one of these ... 6_16

One day I will try one of these ... 7_14
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:17 pm

A member here built one for the Reed Speed contest a couple of years ago, even including a mid-engined Cox. Neat looking model but we never got to see if it actually flew. Can't find where it is on the forum to get you a picture.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:A member here built one for the Reed Speed contest a couple of years ago, even including a mid-engined Cox.  Neat looking model but we never got to see if it actually flew.  Can't find where it is on the forum to get you a picture.

It was RKflyer (Richard Kennedy) who built that model. It's quite impressive with it's scale-like mid-engine!!!

One day I will try one of these ... Dscf0010
One day I will try one of these ... Dscf0011
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks for remembering Roddie.  That's the one I meant.  Wonder what happened to it?
There were lots of really nice planes made for the Reed Speed comp, but not a lot of them made it into the air.
(Should we comment about the nose-art? Embarassed )
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:Thanks for remembering Roddie.  That's the one I meant.  Wonder what happened to it?
There were lots of really nice planes made for the Reed Speed comp, but not a lot of them made it into the air.
(Should we comment about the nose-art? Embarassed )

well YES! I think going for a realistic model is a thing of beauty.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm

thank you all for so much information!
It is noteworthy that aeromodelista who carried out the model with the Cox .049 in the center of the fuselage, had never seen anything like that.
I never cease to amaze myself with the creativity of many people that really is to admire.

Bob: what a beautiful collection he has a friend; Thank you very much for your concept about my constructions, yes, I like the RC, although I did some UC years ago, I have several UC models on my shelf, but I can not enjoy them, I get dizzy in an incredible way and I came to decompensate in a way that I never He passed.
I enjoyed UC a lot when I was between 13 and 15 years old, now with 46, I have really tried and decompensated too much, but I want to fly back to UC ... will it be a lack of habit?

Marleysky: thanks for the link, I had seen several plans, the moment I decided, I'll see what I'm going for, thank you friend!

KariFS: that design looks AWESOME friend! ... is to take it into account!
Thank you!

Kim: The photos are great and thanks to them I can understand how it worked, it's incredible !! ... what a design, what "lots" of mechanisms are there in play! ... without words!

Oldenginerod: Thanks for mentioning that memory! Roddie has rescued him!

Roddie: Thanks for bringing those photos, I'm really impressed, I never would have imagined: the Cox engine installed there, Congratulations to the author!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:22 am

Well there is some more things I didn't know lol , i remember Richards entre , very fine looking aircraft..... Her are the others if U want to SEE Them . https://www.coxengineforum.com/t7115-cef-speed-contest-design-discussions?highlight=reed+speed+2014 and the winners ,.,. https://www.coxengineforum.com/t7730-reed-speed-2014-results?highlight=reed+speed+2014 Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo Flying Airplane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum