Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Hurricane Florence Cox_ba12

Hurricane Florence Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:07 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Hurricane Florence Empty
Live on Patrol

Hurricane Florence

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hurricane Florence Empty Hurricane Florence

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Guys we have a couple members in harms way due to the Hurricane. Rusty and Eric for sure and possibly others. If you pray, then pray. If you don’t, pray anyway! lol!

Seriously though, keep these guys in mind.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Florence Empty Re: Hurricane Florence

Post  RknRusty Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:58 pm

Thanks, Ron.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 am

Yes, you guys are in our prayers. It is relieving to see the hurricane being downgraded, but regardless it is still going to be a major storm.

Praying for the best. Pray

Last edited by Admin on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:27 am

Thank You Guys , Watching the weather updates now and its slamming NC coast And around . I amready Gen , cords water beer food smokes Friends in contact !! This Site Rocks! and Meds !!

Last edited by getback on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:57 am

Following is a snapshot of Weather Underground's map just now. The good is that the storm has dropped in intensity, but winds are in Hurricane Category 1 (74 - 95 MPH) in much of the southeast.

In Raleigh, North Carolina there are tornado and flood warnings. I turned down the intensities for the severe and for the radar overlays, so the wind data in MPH would not be obscured.
Hurricane Florence 2018-075

Center of the storm made landfall near the borders of South and North Carolina.

There's a good possibility we may not hear communication from those within the storm's region as infrastructure may be affected by the heavy rains, flooding and disabled power and communication lines. My brother's family and my mother live further inland in the Charlotte NC area, west of Raleigh. They have flood warnings there.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:24 am

Hope it continues to lose strength.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Kim wrote:Hope it continues to lose strength.
. Greenie cuz you quoted John Prine
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm

akjgardner wrote:
Kim wrote:Hope it continues to lose strength.
.                                    Greenie cuz you quoted John Prine
Three Prine fans on one page, who'da thunk.
I was just writing to say we were okay in Columbia so far when the poser blipped. Now I'm rewriting it. It's a strange storm, just sitting almost still and grinding away at the coast. I'm most worried that it'll last for days of rain. I'll try to keep in touch, but my cellular signal is pretty poor here. Thanks for thinking of us.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Yahoo News - Live Updates Hurricane Florence 141024455
Yahoo News wrote:10 hours ago
The latest on Hurricane Florence:
• The massive storm made landfall in Wrightsville Beach, N.C.
• The Cat. 1 storm, with winds of 75 mph, is moving west at 5 mph
• 2 people were killed and another critically injured after a tree fell on a home.
• Florence is expected to dump as much as 40 in. of rain in some areas
• More than 20 inches of rain has already fallen in Oriental, N.C.
• "Catastrophic" flooding is expected over portions of the Carolinas
• Forecasters predict a storm surge of 9 to 13 feet
• At least 150 people were awaiting rescue in New Bern, N.C., early Friday
• More than 600,000 people are without power
• Trump thanked FEMA and first responders on the "incredible job being done"
Latest:
ABC News Hurricane Florence Pummels North Carolina Coast Flooded
ABC News wrote:Hurricane Florence: At least 3 dead as storm brings '1,000-year' rain, catastrophic flooding to North Carolina
Sep 14, 2018, 3:46 PM ET

Hurricane Florence pummeled North Carolina, making landfall Friday morning with storm surges and wind gusts before contributing to at least three deaths.

Authorities have confirmed those storm-related deaths, including a mother and her infant who died after a tree fell on their home in Wilmington, where the storm hit Friday morning with a 105 mph wind gust, the strongest wind in the city since 1958.
Even though the storm intensity has reduced, it's power is still formidable. May we pray that the emergency responders, government agencies, civic and religious benevolent organizations, and private corporations are fully supplied and adequately staff, are properly coordinated and not hindered in providing all forms of necessary relief, and the law enforcement officials are not hindered in keeping order, where justice needs to prevail it may, and where mercy need prevail it may, and people's immediate needs are met.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Rusty saw Stephen Keith "Steve" Benjamin on Fox Business news this AM with Varley grilling him about evacuation orders and how many complied.... I do like my Fox Businesses news.... but in reality they all are not very bright on a lot of subjects

I was proud of the mayor schooling the talking head....
Steve polity said..."no sir no evacuations ...locally....WE are a donor community and we have opened all our schools and civic disaster relief shelters and areas to intake as rapidly as possible and take care of all our coastal brothers and sisters that are displace by this storm

Again...because I have experience with this non sense I was very impress that Mayor Benjamin was so polite with the STUPID question

So Rusty ...just from a power outage POV and YOUR need for dialysis fairly frequently...what is the program and plan ...I seem to think from your exploits over the years here on CEF...you need medical attention fairly frequently...or do I miss read the need and you are good to go for 7 to 14 days

Just for perspective...I have 2 family members in Rural WVA that need ...basically... weekly "treatments"...since I have been married to Renie for last 35 years... more than once some unique weather event forced one of these distant family to be life flighted to another part of the state with the capability to provide the treatment....

NOTE I am shooting blind...neither of these were kidney dialysis needs....

while on the subject......as stated in other threads... I have worked either as a soldier or civilian for several of the significant disasters inside the USA and a few in foreign countries.....

Very significantly under reported are the medical needs....OK some-news agencies eventual do an old folks home story.......I am not sure how many folks realize that hundreds or thousand of citizens TAKE medications that CAN NOT be discontinued

So eventually a call comes in to the call center from Boise Idaho abut a 85 year old aunt in woodlands Texas...I inside the Harvey bad mo jo zone... lost cell contact 2 days ago but last msg was high and dry but out of all medications ( meds usually dispatched by mail)

So Now local FEMA/HL/Sherrif/POPO...some one ...must find this old lady and determine the exact prescription, find a source, go get the meds, then deliver to this other wise safe citizen......

Point is in all of these disasters are a LOT of different and very dynamic situations...and every one MUST be dealt with by some person or team

I would like to think that my musing for the last several years on these extreme weather events would lead the person reading my pontificates....IF YOU ARE TOLD TO EVACUATE....do so IMMEDIATELY....

Why am I so passionate on this....just google first responders loss of life ...I am personally tired of attending a funeral for some hero who died because the one they saved DID NOT do every thing in their power to save their own life
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:56 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I would like to think that my musing for the last several years on these extreme weather events would lead the person reading my pontificates....IF YOU ARE TOLD TO EVACUATE....do so IMMEDIATELY....

Why am I so passionate on this....just google first responders loss of life ...I am personally tired of attending a funeral for some hero who died because the one they saved DID NOT do every thing in their power to save their own life
This is along the same lines you mention of, Fred, and it was preventable. A high school teacher in Thailand took kids into a remote cave on a treacherous trail, then they got trapped. An emergency responder diver died during the rescue.

EDM Digest: Diver Victim Thai Cave Rescue

Some people don't properly manage risk until the mistake is paid for in blood. Even after that, some still don't get it.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:03 pm

So Rusty ...just from a power outage POV and YOUR need for dialysis fairly frequently...what is the program and plan ...I seem to think from your exploits over the years here on CEF...you need medical attention fairly frequently...or do I miss read the need and you are good to go for 7 to 14 days

Fred, I just recently heard that a dialysis patient with zero kidney function(like me), who ceases their 3 weekly treatments(Mine are normally M, W, and F) usually die within a week or two, getting sicker and sicker every day after day-4 or so(in my estimation). If I am very careful to limit potassium and fluid intake, maybe a few more days. I dialyzed Wednesday, and had a precautionary short topoff treatment again on Thursday, because I'm going all the way till Monday before my next one. By then, I could be getting uncomfortable if I ingest too much water from food and drink, but okay if I keep it under 3 liters/kilos. Remember I only weigh 56.5 kg(126.5 lb). Food contains a lot of water, so I have to be aware. By uncomfortable, I mean short of breath since my lungs would be beginning to get wet and BP rising. Potassium and other electrolytes are muscle and heart stoppers too, so no foods high in that stuff. Our clinic has a Diesel Kohler generator, so if the water supply is not contaminated and they're not flooded they will be in business, but we've been well briefed on contingency plans. We have good medical resources in Columbia. But I still am a little on edge about it. I do have enough meds, or paper Rx scrips in hand to go the distance.

That got longer than I expected. It's actually the first time I've been asked.

The wind is picking up. The sun is going down. If we have power and cable, I will do a show tonight. So if you want to kill some time, check out the Stunt Hangar Youtube channel starting at 9:40 ET, when I usually sign on. Y'all take care, and I'll check in as often as I can. Some of my other eastern buddies are in more trouble with the storm than I am. Eric for one.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Rusty thanks for that description of your personal situation....over the years that is about how I figured it

So Now we all need to hope and pray this Flo Bit... moves the hell on inland, north, and dissipates as fast as possible....

Brother Rusty...sound like you know the deal and have a plan...only thing I can send are prayers....on the way

Fortunately Columbia and Fort Jackson...are far enough inland odd are good...you just get soaked real good...and we all know YOU been there done that several times since we have know you....
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:21 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Rusty thanks for that description of your personal situation....over the years that is about how I figured it

So Now we all need to hope and pray this Flo Bit...    moves the hell on inland, north, and dissipates as fast as possible....

Brother Rusty...sound like you know the deal and have a plan...only thing I can send are prayers....on the way

Fortunately Columbia and Fort Jackson...are far enough inland odd are good...you just get soaked real good...and we all know YOU been there done that several times since we have know you....

X2 - Fred always seems to say it best.

Hang in there Rusty.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Thanks, guys. Okay, let's see, in the past 29 hours, I've gained a half a kilo, doing pretty good, eh... I've had lots of practice and it comes naturally to me now. It's tough for the new patients, restricting drinking when you "feel" thirsty. In May I will have been doing it for 33 years. It's nice not to have to stop the car to take a leak on road trips. My passengers may not agree, Lol.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 pm

From my perspective in central NC the big deal is that the ground is already hyper-saturated from an unusually wet August and September independent of Florence. That means lots of flooding and lots of trees (and we've got ass loads of trees here) just coming up by the roots in just 25 to 40 MPH winds and knocking down power lines left and right.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Rusty, glad to see you are doing okay even with your limitations. Regarding comments on evacuation, you're in a little different situation in that you are an ambulatory patient almost every other day. Logistics aren't quite as simple as for others. But am glad to see you are still doing fine through this bit of weather.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  trebor3170 Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Hope all you in the path of Florence are safe. Looks like the MD Eastern Shore is going to dodge another bullet. I lived and grew up on the upper shore since I was about 1 year old (1959), and have never been seriously affected by a hurricane, although Hazel did a number on the lower shore. Be safe and be smart.
trebor3170
trebor3170
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Rusty thanks for that description of your personal situation....over the years that is about how I figured it

So Now we all need to hope and pray this Flo Bit...    moves the hell on inland, north, and dissipates as fast as possible....

AMEN! Rusty and Eric, you guys are in my prayers! Be safe! I am looking forward to hearing from you two soon!
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:04 am

Well everything here is good so far just some off / on rain and wind burst now and then , but I think I am out of danger . I feel for the people in Dire Strat's , I t has really put some water down in the around coastally areas . Thanks For the concerns and Rusty hang in there Brother it want bee long now till she moves out inland to Ohio to drizzle out ! Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 am

It's rained 7 days straight practically here. I've pretty much had enough. Downpours only took place later in the evening but the constant steady drizzle is most miserable. The ground is saturated making my old stone foundation home leak a bit. Probably good if your growing mushrooms . Today, is our first glimpse of steady sun in a week and it's refreshing. I hope it dries things up a bit. After a very hard downpour the other afternoon the sun broke out in full strength immediately after it poured. It felt as though the sun was magnified 10x's. Horribly humid and just outright crappy, the sun went back in, it would rain again, and the whole cycle would start over. Glad that's over with. Today looks like a day of flying for me.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:31 am

Not here Ken as the outer bands of Flo approach. Maybe you will have a better day as we are about 90 miles south of you.

Raining again this morning as we attempt to honor Fly it if you got it PT-19 day.

Hurricane Florence Mark_f11

Hurricane Florence Mark_f12

Hurricane Florence Mark_f10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:20 am

It looks like we dodged a bullet here.  Still a bit breezy with on and off rain.  We never lost power, only a few seconds-long power flickers last night.  No downed trees but I'll be busy with a rake for a few hours once the rain stops.  They tell us we're not completely out of the woods yet, as we're in the Flash Flood Warning Zone and the ground is saturated.  Standing water in the yard.  

I hope everyone fares as well as we did.

Broken hearts and dirty windows
Make life difficult to see
That's why last night and this morning
Always look the same to me

Another John Prine fan here
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Ya all, have my thoughts and prayers. Keep a positive attitude.

Is it too early for a little humor?

Hurricane Florence 55650910
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Haha, now that's funny!

You can either laugh or cry. Easy choice for me.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next