Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Show and Tell - Page 4 Cox_ba12

Show and Tell - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Show and Tell - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

Show and Tell

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Show and Tell - Page 4 Empty Show and Tell- Purple Style!

Post  GUS THE I.A. Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Here is a K&B .049.I think it shared the Torpedo name - I'm not certain about that, however. I fly it on a Free Flight biplane called: EBENEZER. A design from April, 1958 AeroModeller magazine. Lots of fun! I have another one that pushes around a Free Flight XB - 70 VALKYRIE, from plans by AeroModeller, April, 1961. Great look, in the air! Show and Tell - Page 4 20190645
Show and Tell - Page 4 20190647
Show and Tell - Page 4 20190646
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell - Page 4 Empty Show and Tell- Purple Style! ...Continued

Post  GUS THE I.A. Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:14 pm

A picture of the VALKYRIE, that would not fit on the last post. Show and Tell - Page 4 20190648
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Show and Tell - Page 4 Empty Re: Show and Tell

Post  ticomareado Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:26 pm

Details on your experience with K&B Torpedo .049, pray tell. I've got one from an E bay buy with medium poor compression-- loss at piston-cylinder fit it seems. As I recall, on a test run a few years back, it got about 10.5k on a Cox black 5-3 prop and homebrew fuel (11% +11% oil) , 15-20 nitro or thereabouts. Then overheating with further compression loss sagged in and I had to let it cool off completely before another run.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:18 pm

GUS THE I.A. wrote:A picture of the VALKYRIE, that would not fit on the last post. Show and Tell - Page 4 20190648

Simple Gus to exceed the 3 picture limit. Just hit "remove all" then "Select files" which brings you right back to your collection or album and select and add the fourth picture.

Nice plane BTW.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:23 pm

My engines are GRRRREAT! 15,200 rpm on one, and the other is 14,600 rpm on 5x3 props. 25% nitro. Smooth running, tank size perfect for free flight planes.
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Well don't lose them in some cornfield.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:02 pm

The Valkyrie was also offered as a control line model. It's that particular model that you show. There was a kit offered by a manufacturer and all I can remember was that it was in a green box. The Valkyrie just always had the cool factor for me. If you ever get to see it in person, it's just amazing.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:08 am

Hmmm. This is the plan that I used to build the VALKYRIE Free Flight model. The plan does not show any configuration to build it as a control line model. This plane is 37" in length. Show and Tell - Page 4 20190651
Show and Tell - Page 4 20190652
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:56 am

Bob i have always envied the way you display your engines , have you every ran one those WenMac with the spark plug type glow on it Show and Tell - Page 4 P1010010
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:31 am

Gus, the plans I had and I would have to check with my buddy Dan to see was in both versions. You could do either or. I came across the control line kit at a swap meet and regretfully passed on it due to other invites. I would really like to build it via control line. While it probably wouldn't be a impressive stunt plane, it certainly does offer the coolness. I have many like it, they're different, and they just are too darn neat. One of our senior members built a Space Shuttle, .020 pusher freeflight. It was just comical to see it fly and I just enjoy watching this stuff.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:42 am

The B-70 looks like an "appropriate conversion" type to a foam board model.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:53 am

getback wrote:Bob i have always envied the way you display your engines , have you every ran one those WenMac with the spark plug type glow on it Show and Tell - Page 4 P1010010

You probably mean this picture Eric next one back. Those are mostly McCoy's. I have run some, mostly the Spitzys.

Show and Tell - Page 4 P1010072

But I set these up to test last week but haven't tried them yet.

Show and Tell - Page 4 P1010071
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:53 pm

No i meant the pic i put up with that timmer engine in it Very Happy Wen Mac / MCcoy Non Cox engine (champion Plug ) Wink
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:50 pm

getback wrote:No i meant the pic i put up with that timmer engine in it Very Happy Wen Mac / MCcoy Non Cox engine (champion Plug ) Wink

Ok,ok, I got it.  I'm a little slow, old ya know. Smile  The sparkers.

No Wen Mac's in there.  Three Vivells and three Rogers.  Haven't ran any of them yet.  Scared to.  I know that you have some sparkers too.

Show and Tell - Page 4 P6290012

But while I'm in the mood a little eye candy for the Enya fan.  A rocking Enya 19X with their "G" sized carburetor. Found it when I reorganized. Was a mess when I bought it.  Rebuilt with parts from Bobby Brooks.

Show and Tell - Page 4 P6280010
Show and Tell - Page 4 P6280011
Show and Tell - Page 4 P6280012

My engine stands have become less complicated.....
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Davenz13 Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:40 pm

Ah cabinets, something, no matter what you collect, as a collector, you’re always looking for another one.

Bob and Bill, your cabinet displays are beautiful and well set out. I am aspiring to get there.

I  always seem to be behind the eight ball, the one I’ve just got can be filled immediately with stuff still leftover, so I’m already keeping an eye out for another one.

Unless one makes a firm commitment to stop collecting, you never seem to catch up.

A few years back my brother, who is always on the lookout for a deal, was walking past a jeweller and noticed a closing down sign in the window.
He entered, and after inquiring if any of the display cabinets might be for sale, was told to come back on Saturday afternoon.
We both went back on the Saturday and were offered three wall hanging display cabinets for $90 each (about US$60.00).
My brother and I both bought one each (oh how I have kicked myself for not buying the third one).

Mine sat under a blanket in the garage for about six months until I got the time and the urge to mount it on the wall.
Even empty, it has a fair bit of weight to it, so as well as making sure I could attach the back of the cabinet across a couple of studs, I fitted a wooden rail to the wall for it to rest on and take most of the weight.
So, having taken careful measurements, double checking said measurements, mounting the rail to the wall ensuring it was perfectly level and then finding the holes I had drilled in the back of the cabinet lined up with the stud’s dead in the centre (that normally doesn’t happen), I screwed the cabinet to the wall. Placing the level on the top of the cabinet I must have looked like the cat that got the cream as the bubble sat squarely in the middle between the lines.

I made myself a coffee and sat down at the table to look across the room at my crowning glory and my mouth nearly hit the floor in disbelief at the sight that greeted me.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Wall_c10

There is no need to give a quote here of the words I uttered (they wouldn’t be permitted anyway) but I imagine most will be able to get close.

Once the red haze had cleared, I started to think how am I going to fix this. The wall is bowed and re-doing the wall was not an option for me.

I live in what used to be a furniture warehouse and the wall is part of what was an office (now a spare bedroom which is now occupied by my 22yr old son who is in-between flats).
That particular section of wall lining is mdf sheet which is probably why it has bowed.  
Anyway, I didn’t think gap filler would hide it that well so I settled on using some beading across the top and down the sides.
I thought most people won’t even notice it and no one has yet either or, if they have, they haven’t said anything.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Wall_c11

Of course, the neat and tidy display of a dozen or so engines I had envisaged quickly became the overflowing jumble that is stacked in the cabinet now, which is  about two thirds of the non Cox engines I currently have.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Eng_co10

Before my son arrived earlier this year, one of my daughters came to stay while her new house was being built. Not having a wardrobe in the spare room, I hastily converted my linen cupboard into one by removing some of the shelves and fitting a coat hanger rail.
Shortly after my daughter left, my son arrived so my linen cupboard is still a wardrobe and the larger cabinet I had purchased for the engines is still mostly full of bedding.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Photo_10

Now I’m also looking for a linen cupboard. lol!
Davenz13
Davenz13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:24 am

Davenz13 wrote:
I made myself a coffee and sat down at the table to look across the room at my crowning glory and my mouth nearly hit the floor in disbelief at the sight that greeted me.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Wall_c10

............. The wall is bowed and re-doing the wall was not an option for me.

Well Dave, what I first saw, when you announced a fault, was not the uneven gap around the cabinet.  What I saw was a door that was going to swing open to smash the glass front of the cabinet.  Having said that, as well as your explanation of the bowed wall, I now see that the angle of the picture doesn't show that there must be enough room for the door on the other side of the cabinet, but it had me going for a minute there.
                                                                                                             Damn!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Davenz13 Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:35 am

Hi Rod
Looking at that photo I can see why you would think that. It's the old hold the fish out at arms length to make it look bigger trick.
I took another photo just now to show how much room is actually there.

The hot wheels cars etc that are on the floor are my 7yr old grandsons who is spending the week with me (school holidays).
A holiday time I  look forward to very much.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Photo_11
Davenz13
Davenz13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:20 am

Davenz13 wrote:Hi Rod
Looking at that photo I can see why you would think that. It's the old hold the fish out at arms length to make it look bigger trick.
I took another photo just now to show how much room is actually there.

The hot wheels cars etc that are on the floor are my 7yr old grandsons who is spending the week with me (school holidays).
A holiday time I  look forward to very much.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Photo_11
Well that clears it up Dave.  Plenty of room there, but hard to tell from the original angle.

Hey, off track a bit, but glad you had time with your grandson.  Our Cooper is 2 1/2 years old and comes to visit every second Sunday thanks to a mediator.  His mother (who is not with our son, Cooper's dad) has been a little resistant and suffers separation anxiety pretty bad, but has generally held up her end of the deal.  Out of the blue, she offers to let him stay with us overnight.  The reality was, she had a boozy party to go to, but no complaints from us.
The little guy gets to do all the things at our place that freak out his mother.  He loves to spend all day outside regardless of the weather, playing in the barn, riding his bike, driving my Fergy around the paddock and this time, building a cubby house in the wood pile.  Precious moments.
Took him home worn out, well fed and happy. (Grandpa was a little worn out as well Laughing )
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:07 am

Nice looking display cabinet Dave , i hear you on the wish you would have bought two of them, I live in hindsight it seems Laughing What's the story on the bow saw on the wall next to it ? I get the 22 year old thing mines 20 and has a girlfriend that is taking most his time now so he comes when he needs something Sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:01 am

Love that cabinet Dave.  It's perfect for the purpose you are using it for.

Were it mine I would build a nicely integrated storage cabinet base to sit it on while also attaching to the wall.  Would take some of the stress off.

My latest "free" cabinet is recovering from years of neglect.  Someone never told the previous owner that you can't drill hardwood for countersunk screws, Cracks ya know. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Bondo fills the valleys.

Show and Tell - Page 4 P7130010

Last edited by rsv1cox on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:03 am

So do you mostly collect engines or empty engine boxes?
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:57 am

ticomareado wrote:So do you mostly collect engines or empty engine boxes?

Checkout that Supertigre box mid left. I think he did a show and tell on it this thread. Maybe it was Kari. I bet all those boxes are full.

Looks like Dave might be into model railroading too. Maybe Victor also? AHM marketed a lot of that. Rivarossi mostly.

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Davenz13 Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi Rod
Yes, time with grandkids is precious all right.

Hi Eric
The saw came from a country store where a local artist had several on display for sale. All but the motorcycle one, were of country scenes. The motorcycle one I just had to have.
The saws themselves are repro. 20yrs ago 2nd hand shops down here were full of them but artists and collectors have long since snapped them up. See a few in cafes and pub bars too.

Hi Ticomareado
The boxes are all full and about 90% contain unrun engines. Those that haven't already been revealed will be as the thread progresses

Hi Bob
I know you’ll do a masterful restoration on that cabinet, I’m not so good with wood, more of a metal man.

The train was part of a large collection of Hornby Dublo three rail dated from 1949 to 1953 that my late father had. The manufacturing dates are on the box ends.
I remember seeing some of it set up on a huge table back when I was a kid.

The train is a Sir Nigel Gresley 4-6-4 manufactured in 1951 and has never been run.

I don’t think it or its tender had ever been taken out of their boxes before I did. All of the paperwork and tags for them, including the tissue paper, are in the boxes. The blue boxes behind the train belong to the train and accessories you see. All new, now out of the box. The little round white box contains a Hornby Dublo pin, I guess you’d call it the equivalent of the Cox Wings  

My brother and I kept one loco on a piece of track each and a pin in memory of our father and sold the rest to a collector, probably over half of which was still new in the box.  
The small boxes on the left are locomotives and carriage’s, behind them are stations, platforms and accessories. The center is mainly track and transformers and the larger boxes on the right are complete train sets.

Show and Tell - Page 4 Hornby10

When I spoke with the guy on the phone, he said he wasn’t interested in buying anymore but would be happy to give me a valuation on it. When he arrived, I think he was a bit stunned about how much there was, and the condition of it. He told me what he thought it was worth retail and I told him we didn’t want that much for it. I gave him a price and he said” I’ll have to talk to the wife”. He came back an hour later with the cash and we loaded it all in his car boot.
Davenz13
Davenz13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:26 pm

I would have to say, use it or share it!!! However To Each Their Own. Must admit I'm kinda jealous!! Mark
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Bob-- I never really got into trains (other than being involved in selling them in family toy/hobby business). There are some major serious model railroaders in my area though.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Account Under Review

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next