Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Cox_ba12

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by aspeed Today at 8:06 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Empty
Live on Patrol

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!?

Go down

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Empty SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!?

Post  getback Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:01 pm

Well i bought my own but a least i new what i was getting  lol! lol! Christmas Tree  SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Ptdc0064
SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Ptdc0063
SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Ptdc0062  A bunch of plastic bags , I already put them up for now ,, soon to bee picked through and see what i may keep . Merry Christmas all Santa
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Empty Re: SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!?

Post  MBT85 Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Oh lucky you!!!!!!!!
I wish I got stuff like this for Christmas but no luck,
I just got clothes and body wash sets and things like that.
Maybe next year instead of a letter to Santa I’ll write a letter
to my loved ones explaining what I want hahahah
MBT85
MBT85
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Empty Re: SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!?

Post  KariFS Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Nice loot Eric, You must’ve been a good boy all year lol!

Well, I got a nice little torque wrench, a small one for 1/4” sockets and 5 to 25 Nm range. Great for small engine work (motorcycles). This one is pretty accurate, came with a calibration certificate and all. Still need to get another one for bigger torque, chassis work and such, but for those a cheaper one will do.

Also a couple of books, one history, one fiction, and even a life guide (Finnish translation of Mark Manson’s ”The Subtle art of not giving a f**k”).

And a beard trimmer, a hint maybe Huh...

Nothing modeling related, but that’s fine, I already have pretty much everything except some oddball vintage engine stuff only I can buy Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:50 pm

I got this a few days early.. It was delivered to the front door.. on a day when Lynne and I got home from work at the same time.. and she didn't have a chance to hide/wrap it. "Well... Merry Christmas".. she said..

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? 20181210

I was elated.. to say the least! I'd wanted an air compressor for some time.. but couldn't "pull the trigger" on a brand new one. I bought an air-chuck and some extra couplers a few days later. Next may be a spray-gun. Cool

Below, is a weighted-blanket. It can help calm "restless-leg syndrome" which I get from time to time. It can also treat anxiety.. and help provide a more restful sleep.

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? 20181211

and finally.. a coffee-maker that will make a "full-cup" when the full-cup setting is selected...

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? 20181212
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Nice air compressor, Roddie. It ought to be good at applying those aircraft finishes, amongst other things. One thing I've bought that has been useful is a detail sprayer for autos. It is good for jobs to include motorcycle fenders, and aircraft. If you get the Harbor Freight air brush, I'd go for their more expensive one. I've found that if I opt for their better quality stuff, then have good stuff. The cheaper electrical and mechanical stuff don't last as long.

What did Santa get me? Well, being retired I've been kinda' helping myself, so I really didn't see a need to buy a Christmas item. You might say that the mint condition Jetco 38" Rearwin Speedster I got 2 weeks ago was my Christmas gift.
SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Jetco_18

We're having grandkids over, my wife already had stuff for them, so I didn't have to do anything for them. May be later I'll get our 5 YO grandson a chuck glider, he seems to like those.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:39 pm

Hey there Kari. I like one of your items, the 1/4" torque wrench. I got one for Christmas too! I have a 1/2" drive one already, but like you, I have been playing with small engines again lately and wanted one for the same purpose. This year was the first for me in a while for getting anything RC related. I had recently bought a couple of gummed up solid Cox engines from a gentleman up here, and as a surprise Christmas bonus, he added a few other goodies (props, wrench, full hardware for a small 1/2a plane),and an old gummed up solid Fox .15! I was in heaven, another rescue!. Again, I was so excited that I did not take pictures before disassembly and putting it in the ol' antifreeze pot, AGAIN.... Sorry. Anyways, I am now looking forward to spring to give it and the Cox engine a run and bring them back to life. I have plenty-o-airframes waiting.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:29 pm

I got an ultrasonic cleaner. Have no idea what to do with it.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:57 pm

Hey Ron. Congrats on the 10,000th post! But as for your question..... Looks like you gotta go dirty engine shopping now! Very Happy
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:41 am

Well, I got some money, and Thursday morning I’m meeting a guy at Shari’s restaurant to trade it for this:
SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? SAITO-FA-65-Golden-Knight-schwarz-gold-10-6ccm-Aeronaut-7100-21-A

A Saito FA-40a Golden Knight.

The Jumper Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:40 am

Best way to avoid disappointment Eric, buy your own. Nice group of engines that you have there.

Love the 1/4" torque wrench guys. I don't have one. Maybe I will put the word out for next year.

roddie that new air compressor begets all sorts of add on's, your going to love it.

Put all your bling in the ultra sonic Ron, comes out like new. Smile

And Mark, nice trade, money for that engine.

And each year I encourage the kids to not buy me anything, falls on deaf ears.

A handy dandy do it all something or other, a lighted magnifying glass and best of all a Cox Engine Test Stand.

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Chrism10

Most useful, a battery that will bring my Nissan back to life.

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Chrism12

A gizmo that will enable me to finally use my new computer and continue to pester all here with photographs while using the old style sim card from my old Olympus camera.

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Chrism11

I ensured that my son had a Cox Christmas.

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Cox_gt11

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Cox_gt10

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:51 am

Yet another good one I received that I forgot to mention. Another duplicate here on the thread. I also got a lighted magnifying glass from my mom. She picked it out all on her own and she said for playing with my little engines.... I can now see all the castor build up nice and close. And this thing is bright!
SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? 20181211
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:06 pm

I got my entry for the Speed Event!  I got two 051s, one I got for myself, the other a surprise from my lovely wife.  The one on the right is being a little cantankerous with disassembly.  A bit more soaking and heating I hope will do the trick.  It doesn't look like it's ever  been disassembled.  It's so nice, I'm really fearful of marking it up, but it has a lot of slop in the rod end and the crank has a little rust visible through the carb body.  It seems to be very low time, it has excellent compression and even a good bit of squeeze at TDC.  I may just run it without complete disassembly.

A Brodak Baby Flight Streak kit is the other half of my Speed Event entry.  It's been about a half-century since I flew control line, so I figured a kit complete with hardware would be the way to start out.  I've got more balsa than my LHS, so asking Mama for a kit was a little painful.  I will say though that it is really nice to see a real kit like they used to make back in the day.  Everything is there, even the wheel and silkspan.  What a great flashback!

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Img_2047

Thanks to Matt and Bernie and my son, I finally got the parts to finish building a completely correct, brand new Tee Dee RC 05.  Now if I could just find a box...

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Img_2048

A wonderful Christmas at our house this year!  I've got to admit though, I'm a bit envious of you guys with grandkids.  That's where the fun really is and what Christmas giving is really all about.
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:30 pm

The 051 on the right is a real vintage one with thin wall cylinder and unscreened venturi, features that point to pre-1972 production when tapered cylinder bore on No.5 cylinders was common...hence the pinch at TDC that ensures many hundreds of hours of constant high performance...my experience.

An indeed rich set of Xmas gifts..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:20 pm

No material gifts (thank goodness and storage space!), but managed several evening "Coffee Sessions" with my younger brother, talking about the stuff we ALWAYS talk about---the Old Days.  Those visits were great.

My Uncle Wayne just turned 90, and is still hanging tough, and the other peripheral relatives are apparently OK (haven't seen them on the evening NEWS anyway), so that's a gift in itself.

I did park this old dog on my camera box through the holidays so I could look at it....called it this year's Christmas Tree!

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Img_1110

Last edited by Kim on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:27 pm

Wow, some of you got some great loot. Mine too, arrived when Holley and I were both home. Good thing, because I'm in no condition to have lugged it inside anyway. It was a Top o' the line Lazy Boy executive desk chair. A great gift for me since I completely wore my old cheap chair out.

I sat and watched her assemble it too. Quite the mechanic she is. I never knew they could make a chair that fit my bony ass, lumbar, and back so perfectly. Now maybe I won't be so fidgety doing my web Hangout show for 3 hours twice a week. And I hope to be able to get back to being active on the forums again. I miss all of you guys.

My Mom gave me some $$Bucks, so I get to pick my next present. Maybe the mini chop saw I've been wanting... or a Chrome-Cast device so I can stream from my PC to the TV.

Happy New Year, everybody!
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Kim wrote:No material gifts (thank goodness and storage space!), but managed several evening "Coffee Sessions" with my younger brother, talking about the stuff we ALWAYS talk about---the Old Days.  Those were great.

My Uncle Wayne just turned 90, and is still hanging tough, and the other peripheral relatives are apparently OK (haven't seen them on the evening NEWS anyway), so that's a gift in itself.

I did park this old dog on my camera box through the holidays so I could look at it....called it this year's Christmas Tree!

SO what did you get for Christmas ?!?!? Img_1110

What I wouldn’t give to be single. Excellent choice for a tree, perfect color.

Happy to hear everyone is well, always good to reminisce with siblings. I don’t have a brother, just three older sisters. We all lead very seperate lives, we do have a common upbringing and it makes for some very good laughs.

Congrats to Uncle Wayne, hope he makes 100! Or more.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:55 pm

RknRusty wrote:Wow, some of you got some great loot. Mine too, arrived when Holley and I were both home. Good thing, because I'm in no condition to have lugged it inside anyway. It was a Top o' the line Lazy Boy executive desk chair. A great gift for me since I completely wore my old cheap chair out.

I sat and watched her assemble it too. Quite the mechanic she is. I never knew they could make a chair that fit my bony ass, lumbar, and back so perfectly. Now maybe I won't be so fidgety doing my web Hangout show for 3 hours twice a week. And I hope to be able to get back to being active on the forums again. I miss all of you guys.

My Mom gave me some $$Bucks, so I get to pick my next present. Maybe the mini chop saw I've been wanting... or a Chrome-Cast device so I can stream from my PC to the TV.

Rusty

Well, you can sit your bony ass on the couch while I enjoy the lazy boy. See you in a few days brother! Wink
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:31 am

RknRusty wrote:Wow, some of you got some great loot. Mine too, arrived when Holley and I were both home. Good thing, because I'm in no condition to have lugged it inside anyway. It was a Top o' the line Lazy Boy executive desk chair. A great gift for me since I completely wore my old cheap chair out.

Rusty

Good to see a post from you ole bud!!! Congrats on the chair, and hope for a Great New Year for you and Holley!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:35 am

Cribbs74 wrote:

Happy to hear everyone is well, always good to reminisce with siblings. I don’t have a brother, just three older sisters. We all lead very seperate lives, we do have a common upbringing and it makes for some very good laughs.

Congrats to Uncle Wayne, hope he makes 100! Or more.

Thanks Ron !!!!![/quote]
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down