Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Babe_b10
Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2019
Tee Bee's

"This RR1 was restored for all the right reasons"


PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2019
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery


Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty
World of Aviation

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:05 am

I saw that!
Very nice but how would it run?
I have no idea so not worth that much to me,
Still good find Matt.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  Cribbs74 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:09 am

I saw that too, cool, wonder what the power is like with the extra drag of the internals? Total displacement is still less than an .049 lol!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 10305
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 45
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty twin

Post  dankar04 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:21 pm

I have seen several muti-cylinder Cox engines but never seen one run. I guess they could run. Maybe a u-tube out there in cyber space?? lol!
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 716
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 72
Location : Tucson,Az.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

dankar04 wrote:I have seen several muti-cylinder Cox engines but never seen one run. I guess they could run. Maybe a u-tube out there in cyber space?? lol!



Here is a geared twin.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm



Well there is this too
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  Surfer_kris on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:29 pm

nitroairplane wrote:I saw that!
Very nice but how would it run?
I have no idea so not worth that much to me,
Still good find Matt.

The cylinders are clearly offset so it may well fire simultaneously on the two cylinders, like on the G-Mark .12 opposing twin.
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1533
Join date : 2010-11-20
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 pm

It may but that doesn't necessarily mean it runs well.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  Surfer_kris on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:45 pm

No that is true, but it could win the award "engine of the month" nether the less...
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1533
Join date : 2010-11-20
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:No that is true, but it could win the award "engine of the month" nether the less...

lol I think it would if someone here had it.
Speaking of engine of the month.....
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  Cribbs74 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Good stuff Indra, the Tach numbers on the twin were not that impressive. Prob a function of the gearing. Torque numbers are prob good. No idea of the prop size or pitch which could also have a big affect.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 10305
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 45
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:11 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Good stuff Indra, the Tach numbers on the twin were not that impressive. Prob a function of the gearing. Torque numbers are prob good. No idea of the prop size or pitch which could also have a big affect.


I know unfortunately that video was not mine, I would have one of those by now if I could stay focused but drifted off of that one Sad
That was designed by Andrew.J.Coholic and the name of that builder escapes me.
It was running a MAS 8x4 so pretty decent numbers.
Indra
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  microflitedude on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:24 pm

cribbs74 wrote:I saw that too, cool, wonder what the power is like with the extra drag of the internals? Total displacement is still less than an .049 lol!

I would guess the thrust-to-weight ratio is not terribly impressive....
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Trusted Seller
I Support My Forum

Posts : 3417
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 21
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  GermanBeez on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:47 pm

talking about exotic engines...I found an eisfeld engine on ebay..don't know if i should show it to you guys... Huh...
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bavaria, Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  Big Al on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:Good stuff Indra, the Tach numbers on the twin were not that impressive. Prob a function of the gearing. Torque numbers are prob good. No idea of the prop size or pitch which could also have a big affect.


I know unfortunately that video was not mine, I would have one of those by now if I could stay focused but drifted off of that one Sad
That was designed by Andrew.J.Coholic and the name of that builder escapes me.
It was running a MAS 8x4 so pretty decent numbers.
Indra
If that is AJC’s design then it has gear reduction. The engine gears are 23 teeth and the prop shaft gear is 28 teeth. Thus a prop RPM of 10600 would be an engine RPM of 12900.
I also made my own version and have run it but didn’t tach it. They are made more as a novelty rather than for performance. The gears rob power.
Al
Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Cox-tw14
Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Cox-tw15
Big Al
Big Al
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 86
Location : Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Big Al wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:Good stuff Indra, the Tach numbers on the twin were not that impressive. Prob a function of the gearing. Torque numbers are prob good. No idea of the prop size or pitch which could also have a big affect.


I know unfortunately that video was not mine, I would have one of those by now if I could stay focused but drifted off of that one Sad
That was designed by Andrew.J.Coholic and the name of that builder escapes me.
It was running a MAS 8x4 so pretty decent numbers.
Indra
If that is AJC’s design then it has gear reduction. The engine gears are 23 teeth and the prop shaft gear is 28 teeth. Thus a prop RPM of 10600 would be an engine RPM of 12900.
I also made my own version and have run it but didn’t tach it. They are made more as a novelty rather than for performance. The gears rob power.
Al
Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Cox-tw14
Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Cox-tw15

Very nice Al!
I wanted to make one to power a lazy bee.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY Empty Re: Schroeder Opposed .020 Twin EBAY

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum