Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by MauricioB Today at 4:50 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 12:09 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)! - Page 2 Empty Re: 3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)!

Post  --Oz-- Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:33 pm

roddie wrote: A friend of mine recently bought a new scope. This will surely interest him. Thanks for sharing.

Check out most of my rpm videos have scope shots in them (found in my rpm playlist)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PyTevLzYM8&list=PLks6xbODSlozF7SMgma8qHXmW8k6abmMO
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=91160

Back to top Go down

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)! - Page 2 Empty Re: 3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)!

Post  MauricioB Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:07 pm

Hello, I am watching your videos and I want to ask you some questions in order to understand the purpose.
1) You electromagnetically spin a metal ball at high rpm.
2) You make those rpms extremely high until the metal ball comes to burst from the G force.
I understood what is happening.
At a certain amount of rpm the ball bursts.
It's surely meritorious to get the ball spinning at those rpm.
Now here is my question.
1) What does it achieve by popping the ball?
2) Are you looking to see how many rpm a certain material can hold?
3) Are you looking to achieve very high rpm by replacing the type of metal in the ball and thus define which metal is the one that supports high rpm?
4) Are you looking for a certain number of rpm and that the alloy of the ball remains stable?
If none of this is what you want to achieve, what is the purpose of these essays? Or do you just have fun doing this and one day it may be applied to a specific project?
Thank you, I hope I'm not being foolish, I'm just curious to know all of the above.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  --Oz-- Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:02 pm

MauricioB wrote:Hello, I am watching your videos and I want to ask you some questions in order to understand the purpose.
2) You make those rpms extremely high until the metal ball comes to burst from the G force.
Now here is my question.
3) Are you looking to achieve very high rpm by replacing the type of metal in the ball and thus define which metal is the one that supports high rpm?
4) Are you looking for a certain number of rpm and that the alloy of the ball remains stable?
If none of this is what you want to achieve, what is the purpose of these essays? Or do you just have fun doing this and one day it may be applied to a specific project?
Thank you, I hope I'm not being foolish, I'm just curious to know all of the above.

It started when I see a Yt video of a guy spinning a magnet to 300K rpm.
I know quite a bit about motors and I said I can beat 300K, after a couple weeks i hit 1Mrpm and I put it on the shelf, then I saw a guy hit 1Mrpm. so i broke mine out and made my 1st video and figured I could do better, about 2 months later I got 3.8Mrpm.
Yes its a magnet ball, not a steel ball. The magnet is exploding from centripetal forces (24 million G's at the equator in my 3.8Mrpm video).

Why, because i like challenging things, like racing (real time physics test that is two thirds mental), love designing, tuning testing, repeat, learning and i have to kill an hour at lunch anyways, haha.

When it explodes I can't go any higher rpm, I dont want it to explode as it is the limiting factor at the moment. 5mm got me to 1.1Mrpm, 3mm was 3.8Mrpm, the 2.5mm sucked at 2.2Mrpm.
By using the magnet ball, it makes the whole setup simple. Changing to a metal ball, makes the whole setup much more complicated, I have thought about it quite a bit, just so many projects.
No essays, just documenting what and how i did it (this gives the next guy a good start if they want to try), no secrets.

When things were just right, I seen some incredible acceleration, my best:
0 to 3.4 million RPM in 15ms, thats an average of 227,000 RPM per 1ms

I have learned a bunch from this project, experience with lenz law, cemf, avalanche events, gate drivers to name a few.

Some more info here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3259449-1-000-000-rpm

If you're on discord, hit me up
--Oz--#7245

--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:16 am

--Oz-- wrote:
MauricioB wrote:Hello, I am watching your videos and I want to ask you some questions in order to understand the purpose.
Now here is my question.

It started when I see a Yt video of a guy spinning a magnet to 300K rpm.
I know quite a bit about motors and I said I can beat 300K, after a couple weeks i hit 1Mrpm and I put it on the shelf, then I saw a guy hit 1Mrpm. so i broke mine out and made my 1st video and figured I could do better, about 2 months later I got 3.8Mrpm.
Yes its a magnet ball, not a steel ball. The magnet is exploding from centripetal forces (24 million G's at the equator in my 3.8Mrpm video).

Why, because i like challenging things, like racing (real time physics test that is two thirds mental), love designing, tuning testing, repeat, learning and i have to kill an hour at lunch anyways, haha.

When it explodes I can't go any higher rpm, I dont want it to explode as it is the limiting factor at the moment. 5mm got me to 1.1Mrpm, 3mm was 3.8Mrpm, the 2.5mm sucked at 2.2Mrpm.
By using the magnet ball, it makes the whole setup simple. Changing to a metal ball, makes the whole setup much more complicated, I have thought about it quite a bit, just so many projects.
No essays, just documenting what and how i did it (this gives the next guy a good start if they want to try), no secrets.

When things were just right, I seen some incredible acceleration, my best:
0 to 3.4 million RPM in 15ms, thats an average of 227,000 RPM per 1ms

I have learned a bunch from this project, experience with lenz law, cemf, avalanche events, gate drivers to name a few.

Some more info here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3259449-1-000-000-rpm

If you're on discord, hit me up
--Oz--#7245

thanks for your reply.
Very good, you are having fun and curious about this.
That way you are learning a lot that has to do with with lenz law, etc. etc
It seems very good to me that this is the case, perhaps at some point, all that he does can be applied to something that is an even bigger project.
Good luck! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)! - Page 2 Empty 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)!

Post  --Oz-- Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:37 am

In 20 pulses, it goes from 0 to 2.1 million plus rpm, 20V, 16Arms (320W) to spin a 0.1g ball
Some math:
1 revolution = 27.65us,
36,170 revolutions per second,
2,170,000 rpm
Ball equator speed is +700mph at +7 million G's.

Scope traces:
Blue fet drain voltage,
Red hall sensor output,
Green coil current.

3.8 Million RPM, 1338mph, 24.3M G's & Ultimate acceleration 0 to 2.1 million RPM in 1ms (0.001 second)! - Page 2 0_to_212
--Oz--
--Oz--
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum