Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:48 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Coved-19 and how it affects life

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 Empty Re: Coved-19 and how it affects life

Post  Cribbs74 Sat May 09, 2020 7:24 pm

I have been ignoring this thread as I don’t want to hear any more about it. Seems like that was the wrong thing to do in light of Mauricio’s post.

I am terribly sorry Mauricio, I wish I would have seen this sooner. Your Brother and my Father passed away on the same day. I know how you are feeling brother. I have deep sympathy for you and your family. Time will heal this wound.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 Empty Re: Coved-19 and how it affects life

Post  Kim Sat May 09, 2020 7:55 pm

Very sorry for the loss of your dear brother, Mauricio. Prayers to the families, and thinking of you friend.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat May 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Oh Mauricio, I'm so sorry. And Ron... when I read these last few posts I just laid my head down in front of my keyboard and thought of so many lives that have been lost to so many of us now. And then wondered how many more are going to fall because of the loosening up of the social guidelines that may have been slowing the spread of this thing. Sadly, those same guidelines prevented the stricken patients from seeing their family and friends a last time before it was over for them.

Keep being safe, everybody. No matter how sad, angry, or frustrated you may feel, please respect those souls you encounter away from home by continuing to mask up and sanitize.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, thank you because I know that we are united in this global scourge. Ron mourns the loss of a father, I am sorry friend.
I love you all very much, in truth it is so and I wish you to be healthy and that this becomes a bitter and hard experience of life, but that it happens now!
Many innocent victims, many families affected, loss of loved ones, harsh reality. A farewell to this strange life, your loved ones cannot hug you, they cannot take you by the hand, they cannot accompany you, there you are in the fight, fighting for your life… a war to which we must and must win.
In the meantime, the best defense is not to expose yourself too much, to take possible sanitary measures, and to make this virus have nowhere to go and to rot forever.
I will continue as we all must continue, with you, with the family, with work, with the hobby and with the thoughts in the hearts of those who had to leave, it is always early to leave, it always is.
We are together in this!.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat May 09, 2020 9:44 pm

MauricioB wrote:Dear friends, I am sorry to share this sad news. My brother, who was hospitalized in Spain for contracting the Covid-19 Virus, after 50 days of hospitalization and all the efforts of the doctors, unfortunately lost his life this Wednesday, May 6.
I deal with all the people who are living a similar situation with their loved ones, all this is very very sad. My hug to my brother in heaven and to all of you who are struggling with this evil.
Lo siento escuchar que tu hermano había fallecido recente, Mauricio. Algún día en el futuro habremos una reunión en el cielo.
I am sorry to hear that your brother passed away recently, Mauricio. Someday in the future we will have a meeting in the sky.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 wrote:La Biblia de Las Américas: «Pues el Señor mismo descenderá del cielo con voz de mando, con voz de arcángel y con la trompeta de Dios, y los muertos en Cristo se levantarán primero. Entonces nosotros, los que estemos vivos y que permanezcamos, seremos arrebatados juntamente con ellos en las nubes al encuentro del Señor en el aire, y así estaremos con el Señor siempre.»

World English Bible: "For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with God’s trumpet. The dead in Christ will rise first,  then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. So we will be with the Lord forever."
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun May 10, 2020 1:31 am

Dear friend Mauricio, sorry to hear sad news. Sincerest condolences to you.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 am

Mauricio, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. My condolences to you and your family. This COVID-19 is taking far too many good people. It's easy to be disappointed because we cannot go out and eat, or go to the store we want... but we cannot forget that the numbers we hear in the news are people with families and friends.

Thoughts and prayers.

The number of cases where I'm at have been sharply increasing and I'm pretty much at ground zero so it's more of a waiting game now.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun May 10, 2020 5:02 am

As i read this and tears flow from my tired old eyes , you have my prayers and love my friend unfortunately this shall pass . May the sun shine in your eyes today and every day .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun May 10, 2020 7:21 am

More tears...seems nearly daily.... and is starting to really anger me

Mauricio, My Deepest Condolences to you and your family ...
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 Empty When Things Fall Apart

Post  rsv1cox Sun May 10, 2020 7:23 am

Discussed this morning on Krista Tippetts "On Being" PBS program.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/687278.When_Things_Fall_Apart
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun May 10, 2020 8:25 am

MauricioB wrote:Dear friends, I am sorry to share this sad news. My brother, who was hospitalized in Spain for contracting the Covid-19 Virus, after 50 days of hospitalization and all the efforts of the doctors, unfortunately lost his life this Wednesday, May 6.
I deal with all the people who are living a similar situation with their loved ones, all this is very very sad. My hug to my brother in heaven and to all of you who are struggling with this evil.

My deepest condolences Mauricio to you and to your family.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun May 10, 2020 9:41 am

fredvon4 wrote:More tears...seems nearly daily.... and is starting to really anger me

Mauricio, My Deepest Condolences to you and your family ...

I'm angry too Fred, not only for the lives lost but for those still living.

Teen agers especially. I certainly did not live a story-book early life, but it was a lot better than this. New Hampshire in the fifties, no social unrest, no crime, no cut you down partisan politics and especially no Covid-19. Cars, girls, and the great outdoors. Parks, malt shops, movies. Things to do and places to go.

Today, teen agers have none of that. Masks, social shut-downs. Don't want to infect the parents and grand parents.

I feel for the kids and thank my lucky stars that I never had to deal with any of that.

Open the darn thing up. Puts me more at risk than most of you but I'm ready for it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 Empty RE: Covid-19 and how it affects life

Post  66 Malibu Sun May 10, 2020 10:08 am

Mauricio,
My deepest condolences on the loss of your brother ..
We have many losses in the US but countries like Spain have been brutalized terribly by the pandemic!!!
Since invoking the Defense Production Act that built enormous quantities of ventilators in record time, President Trump announced shipments to many other countries including Spain to help them thru this crisis.
Sorry they didn't arrive soon enough to help your brother but maybe many others will be spared.
God Speed to you ..
Steve
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sun May 10, 2020 10:16 am

My condolences for your loss, Mauricio. These have been the most difficult of times and the separation families have had to endure when family members are ill serve only to add to the sadness. My best wishes for you.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun May 10, 2020 6:42 pm

Thank you all sincerely.
Please take good care of yourselves, this evil is there, now.
Don't relax, stay tuned, take all possible precautions.
My thanks to doctors, nurses, firefighters, police, the army, and all the people in the world who are collaborating in some way to combat this evil.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. Sun May 10, 2020 10:27 pm

Mauricio, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I'm not very good with words about this, I guess nobody really is. Just know I'm thinking of you and praying for your healing.
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon May 11, 2020 10:18 am

Thank you Dave for your words, the feelings are deep in the heart, I am grateful to be here and tried to distract my head at times with the hobby trying not to deepen the wound, simply my brother will always accompany me from another place now.
I just want us all to take care of ourselves, I just want no more people to lose their lives, my heart also with you.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon May 11, 2020 6:02 pm

Mauricio my friend, Same as Dave; I find it difficult to write the words. We have many brothers here in spirit... on this forum. In America; it's called a Brotherhood. We all would be there with you at this difficult time.. if we could.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon May 11, 2020 8:30 pm

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your brother.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon May 11, 2020 9:41 pm

Thanks Roddie and Jason, I am putting together this model (the Pitts) and at every moment I have my brother in mind and in my heart, for the moment I freeze, I feel that it is unfair. It did not have to be this way, but life or fate wanted it to be. Please friends, stay safe, care, this is an evil that affects us all, we are all in the crosshairs, please do not neglect.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue May 12, 2020 1:09 pm

my daughter knows this doctor...this doctor is not a nut case

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.sheldonhaynes/videos/10222070470821760/
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue May 12, 2020 2:36 pm

fredvon4 wrote:my daughter knows this doctor...this doctor is not a nut case

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.sheldonhaynes/videos/10222070470821760/

Thanks Fred, I downloaded the video before it is removed by Facebook. Somewhere in the middle is the truth. I spend very little attention to the mainstream media, because you do not know what is truth, what is exaggeration, what is false.

This virus is an interesting case, and yes, for some who have been infected, it has been catastrophic, sometimes resulting unfortunately in death, or for those with weakened immune systems, have been a contributing factor in their unfortunate demise.

Also interesting is my wife has been hospitalized for the past week for a heart condition not related to Covid-19. Hospital 95 miles (156 kmh) away only allows 1 visitor per patient in a 24 hour period, so both my daughter and I have been trading turns in visiting her. The hospital is only operating to a fractional capacity. She needed critical care, why she is there.

The Lord God has been very good to us. Yet a friend with similar heart condition, a best friend of hers living a couple blocks from us passed away yesterday, but not because of Covid-19. Several weeks ago she had a fall, we don't know exactly why, I think she had another stroke, she's in her mid 70's.

They wanted to do another surgery, but my wife declined because it is one of those "point of no return" surgeries. She will watch herself carefully to keep from entering that direction. She is to be released today.

By all means, let us keep our minds occupied with the happy things to do, the necessary things to do, and not get caught up into the worries promoted by the press and compounded by our political leaders and worried populace. Some of you are already doing some of those things, which is excellent. Creativity is one of the highest expressions of how the Lord created us, brings out the best in us, encourages others as well.

Here's an interesting video that has certainly tickled my heart, goes to show that age is not a limit stopper. It speaks of temporal relief, of course which we need, a little joy to take our minds off the depressing situations in life. Mind you, these folk are in the 80's.

And, a recent verse I memorized in Spanish is:

Apocalipsis 21:4 (BES) wrote:Y secará toda lágrima de ellos; y ya no habrá más muerte, ni tristeza, ni llanto, ni dolor; porque las primeras cosas han llegado a su fin.
In English it is from Revelation of St. John 21:4. Reason why I memorized it is because it is comforting to know that those who are in Christ have a much better future ahead of them. Life has enough of its pains that these words have become dear to me.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue May 12, 2020 5:17 pm

If you think life has dealt you a bad hand, or you need a little inspiration in these troubling times tune in to TCM tonight at 8pm Eastern and watch Anne Bancroft and Patty Duke in "The Miracle Worker". Probably my third or fourth time around, but I'll be watching.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=helen+keller&form=WNSGPH&qs=AS&cvid=2cee3ce6e26644609066574e06bb8a8b&pq=hele&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=HCTS&nclid=D3444C275672C9AFE0C45280498689C7&ts=1589320755759&wsso=Moderate

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Tue May 26, 2020 9:07 am

Keeping up with the chart from March and April I have added May 1st to the morning of May 26th.
+ 521,497 new cases here in the USA with 6 days still left in the month to go.
5.49 million world wide
My state has doubled in cases in less than a month.
Coved-19 and how it affects life - Page 3 The_no12
June will be brutal with the push to open everything back up, efforts on our parts will be needed.
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue May 26, 2020 10:11 am

All in the world fighting for this evil, the vast majority with irreparable losses, all with much pain, all accompanying us at the same time in this difficult time.
If you don't have the need, don't expose yourself, just make essential outings, hugs for everyone, hugs for you Brad ... please no more losses, take care friend.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next