Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


For diesel enthusiasts Cox_ba12




For diesel enthusiasts Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Scientific Gulfhawk
by Mike1484 Today at 7:20 am

» Roddie tears-down his recent bench-run engine
by roddie Yesterday at 11:22 pm

» Gut instinct
by Onelife Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:23 pm

» My Cox .049 reedy with a Galbreath head and Nelson plug
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 11:03 am

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by crankbndr Mon May 20, 2024 5:15 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Mon May 20, 2024 7:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Mon May 20, 2024 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


For diesel enthusiasts Empty
Live on Patrol


For diesel enthusiasts

Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty For diesel enthusiasts

Post  Ivanhoe Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:24 pm

If you like diesels, how about trying to start THIS!? FOUR compression screws? I have enough trouble with ONE!


For diesel enthusiasts V-410
For diesel enthusiasts V-4_210
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  nitroairplane Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:29 pm

That's not yours is it?
I have a couple of valentines tiny single cylinder ones.
Now those multis are extremely hard to start!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  Ivanhoe Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 pm

nitroairplane wrote:That's not yours is it?
I have a couple of valentines tiny single cylinder ones.
Now those multis are extremely hard to start!

No, it's not mine, I imagine they are ni-on impossible to start!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:54 pm

I wonder if you could get it to fire on one or two cylinders and just dial in the others until all four are firing.

I have done it on multi cylinder motorcycles when sorting fuel delivery and spark issues.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74
Moderator

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Posts : 11899
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 50
Location : Tuttle, OK

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  mitchg95 Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:32 am

wow, i really love rons engines
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2103
Join date : 2011-12-19
Age : 28
Location : Geneva, mn, USA

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  nitroairplane Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:43 am

cribbs74 wrote:I wonder if you could get it to fire on one or two cylinders and just dial in the others until all four are firing.

I have done it on multi cylinder motorcycles when sorting fuel delivery and spark issues.

I doubt it.
Because fuel would keep flowing into the cylinder and you would get a hydraulic lock and bust the crank.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  Surfer_kris Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:43 am

I would like to see the internals of that.
Do they fire simultaneously?
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1906
Join date : 2010-11-20
Location : Sweden

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  nitroairplane Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 am

It looks like they fire alternatively.
Maybe Ron would could
Get a shot of the inside.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  John Goddard Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am

nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:I wonder if you could get it to fire on one or two cylinders and just dial in the others until all four are firing.

I have done it on multi cylinder motorcycles when sorting fuel delivery and spark issues.

I doubt it.
Because fuel would keep flowing into the cylinder and you would get a hydraulic lock and bust the crank.
Bustacrank isn't he on utube?
lol!
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2447
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 59
Location : Leyton North East London

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  nitroairplane Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 am

John Goddard wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:I wonder if you could get it to fire on one or two cylinders and just dial in the others until all four are firing.

I have done it on multi cylinder motorcycles when sorting fuel delivery and spark issues.

I doubt it.
Because fuel would keep flowing into the cylinder and you would get a hydraulic lock and bust the crank.
Bustacrank isn't he on utube?
lol!

Nah I am sure that guys called bustayak!
But he was kind enough to give one to me so hey it's all good lol.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 am

nitroairplane wrote:
John Goddard wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:I wonder if you could get it to fire on one or two cylinders and just dial in the others until all four are firing.

I have done it on multi cylinder motorcycles when sorting fuel delivery and spark issues.

I doubt it.
Because fuel would keep flowing into the cylinder and you would get a hydraulic lock and bust the crank.
Bustacrank isn't he on utube?
lol!

Nah I am sure that guys called bustayak!
But he was kind enough to give one to me so hey it's all good lol.


He gave you a Yak??? lol!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  nitroairplane Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
John Goddard wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:I wonder if you could get it to fire on one or two cylinders and just dial in the others until all four are firing.

I have done it on multi cylinder motorcycles when sorting fuel delivery and spark issues.

I doubt it.
Because fuel would keep flowing into the cylinder and you would get a hydraulic lock and bust the crank.
Bustacrank isn't he on utube?
lol!

Nah I am sure that guys called bustayak!
But he was kind enough to give one to me so hey it's all good lol.
Well a SAD one just for inspiration Smile

He gave you a Yak??? lol!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:09 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
John Goddard wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:I wonder if you could get it to fire on one or two cylinders and just dial in the others until all four are firing.

I have done it on multi cylinder motorcycles when sorting fuel delivery and spark issues.

I doubt it.
Because fuel would keep flowing into the cylinder and you would get a hydraulic lock and bust the crank.
Bustacrank isn't he on utube?
lol!

Nah I am sure that guys called bustayak!
But he was kind enough to give one to me so hey it's all good lol.
Well a SAD one just for inspiration Smile

He gave you a Yak??? lol!


Large, hairy animal, wanders round the Tundra?? Where do you keep it in London??


What? What?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1752
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  GermanBeez Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:21 pm

lol, its norf weezy, some crazy bleep goes down there sometimes lol!
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1167
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Bavaria, Germany

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  nitroairplane Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Gotta hit up ZSL for some housing lol.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

For diesel enthusiasts Empty Re: For diesel enthusiasts

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum