Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount Cox_ba12

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Admin Today at 5:50 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount Empty Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount

Post  NEW222 Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:36 pm

Well, it looks like I should be getting a Cox engine in the next couple of weeks with an apparent postage stamp mount. Now I would prefer not want to make metal mounts, but rather one on the printer. I thought that I may have had one of those old 'conversion' mounts here on a backplate, but cannot find it. But this was quite some time ago as well when I did not know what I do know now!

Anyways, I will hopefully succeed at making/designing a postage stamp mounting bracket that will be suitable. Prefferebly one as similar to the original. As to longevity, I do not know how long it will last as all I have to use for printing is the standard PLA. But if it does only last a handful of flights/runs or two, I will be happy. Print off another and do it all again. But realistically I will use it more than likely for bench running only. So tomorrow afternoon and evening will be when the project begins. Stay tuned for further updates.... And if it does not work out, a metal one it will then be! Fingers crossed!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount Empty Re: Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:55 pm

Jason just went through this, he probably has the file still. He even improved on the design. Maybe send him a PM.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:50 pm

Thanks Ron. I did read the thread earlier and I even posted and complimented on it. I just did not feel I should bother him about it as I know he was making them and wasn't sure if he was going to sell them or not. I am just wanting to make one or two for personal use. I may reach out if I do not have luck with my attempt. I did find a couple of the dimensions needed on a plan designed for the engine called the 290 Special I believe it was. Thanks again for the suggestion and help, it is greatly appreciated.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:23 pm

I do believe Jason is printing these for Bernie.
https://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-postage-stamp-backplate-mount.html

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a PM about the design or help.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:25 am

I conversed with Jason on these mounts and one of his reply's were (I cant remember if I soaked the mounts I sent you in water for a while. The zytel fresh off the printer is somewhat brittle. I am soaking the fresh mounts in water for them to absorb water and gain some flexibility. Kinda like boiling old nylon props in water to prevent them from shattering.) I had one i was testing crack due to this and the fact i was taking the glow hd. off without holding the engine . Here is the first ones .. https://www.coxengineforum.com/t12512-postage-stamp-mount-rebirth?highlight=3d+printed+postage+stamp+mounts Good Luck Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:46 pm

Well, I had spent the better part of my evening here trying to draw this thing up. I did use the other thread to get some stuff figured out with this, mainly the modifications Jason had made to it. Now the bad part. I do only have .4mm nozzle on my printed and I believe that Jason had used a better and finer nozzle, so my quality will definately be lacking, as well as teh material I can print on my printer is not the good stuff that he can print. So quality and longevity is and will be unknown for a while now.

So here it is.....
Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount Psbpm10
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:56 am

Looks Good time spent too Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 5896e710 Print for practice Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:51 am

Thanks Eric. I plan on printing it tonight to see how it looks. I had sent the files out too and will see how his turns out and get his feedback on it. It was just very late last night for me to print it. I will post pictures later this afternoon when I print it out.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Well, it is official. It is done and printed! Had a chance to print it out earlier this afternoon, but ended up getting tied up a bit with some of my own issues, and helping family with theirs. I just got to doing a test fit. I did unearth a postage stamp backplate and broken original mount that I did find, so I disassembled a Bee for the front end for testing. The mount I had drawn up did miraculously fit both in the backplate and even my holes to mount to the engine lined up! I am honestly shocked and happy at the same time. This is using my stock Ender printer with PLA and .4mm nozzle. The only thing I had to do was to clean out the mounting holes to teh engine with a 5/64" drill bit. Longevity is now the only thing questionable. However, with that said, there are a couple of minor issues as well with it. First is that I cannot use the little black 'sleeve' that was on the top of the needle valve in the backplate. I can remedy this by simply clipping that part out. Secondly, I did find a small gap on one of the ends of the outer mount. So I will look into addressing these little issues, but am overall very happy. I have been in contact with Jason and he is also going to print a test one, so I will also get to see what a good one looks like, and he also suggested another filament to use for longevity that I will be looking at. I must also give him credit for the help he has given me along the way with my printing. Without it, I would not be anywhere near where I am now with this stuff, and am very greatly appreciative of it. As well, I appreciate the help and support from all the other members here through my recent trials and endeavours! So without further ado, here is what I did.....
Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 14289410
Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 14177410
Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 14160810
Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 14218510
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:29 pm

Good job Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:41 am

Hey its black ! wasn't expecting that But in all it looks Good ! Is that a ridge on the mount keeping the seal from going on the needle acceptor ? Huh... This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:58 am

It is not really a ridge, but rather just a bit thicker than the original. I may have made it a tad thicker by accident. It is not a huge deal I don't think. I will just cut it off when I mount it next for good. I read that many people did cut them in half to make it easier to install anyways.

As for the black. It was just what I had loaded in my machine. Maybe next time I will do it in white. Lol.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:12 pm

Ok. So I just finished another print of the postage stamp mount. I did my best to fix the previous issue with the one support. Also to note, since I was unable to get teh rubber (?) needle seal back on previously, I also did a small modification there as well. I thinned out that area. It is quite a bit more flexible there, but at least now the rubber seal fits, and as well gives the fuel tube an easier hook-up. The reason for the translucent yellow is the fact that I had picked up some PETG filament today, and for the price, one cannot be picky about color, and I think I really like it. So much I also printed off another TD mount as well.

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 14258910
Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 14387910
Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 14425910
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:54 am

Nice job! I am using the ones made by Jason/bought from Bernie, and am totally happy with them. The black plastic sealing pries off the spray bar threaded end easily with an Exacto knife, so no need to expand that opening on the mount. When the NV is screwed back I also add a piece of fuel tube to better seal. A small washer on the NV stem keeps the tube tensioned and it acts like a spring too, preventing NV auto-adjustment in the air.

Cox Postage Stamp Engine Mount 16119810
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:13 am

Hello , Let me ask are you able to use the same backplate screws w/mount ? why you no put holes in the beam mount ? Other than that i Like the color looks lime greenie Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:48 am

Hi Balogh. Sorry if there was any confusion. I do take the rubber seal off to remove the old postage stamp backplate off and to install the backplate onto the new mount. The problem is when I went to re-install the little black seal. The space between the mount and the needle tube that the seal goes on was non-existant, so I was unable to re-install the seal with the first / black backplate. With the new yellow version, I just made a slight relief on top and bottom so I am able to both re-install the seal as well as have a bit of room to push the fuel line on as well. It may have something to do with me probably making the backplate mount a bit thicker than the original.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:34 am

getback wrote:Hello , Let me ask are you able to use the same backplate screws w/mount ? why you no put holes in the beam mount ? Other than that i Like the color looks lime greenie Very Happy

Yes, when installing the new yellow backplate mount, I am using the original screws. I will be looking into it a bit more though as mentioned above, it may be a tad thicker than the original. So I may cut me a set of screws a tiny bit linger for safety.

Why I did not put holes into the beam mount. Good question. Lol. When I drew it up, I was very, very fresh to the designing thing. Heck, I still am. Second, the mount I designed it from as like others bought from the store do not have holes in them, and lastly, I guess it is nice to not have them to allow forward or rearward movement to possibly adjust for center of gravity.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:31 am

Thanks Chancey , i would check with Jason and take out the guesswork he has already did and see what he finished with the thickness, so as not to have to cut screws . Did you boil them yet ? i have a few from Jason some i want to dye and sell There are a couple setting out on my desk and they have dried out considerably! lol! on the no holes i am sure you were very excited just to get started , and i think ur doing Great ! Thumbs Up Clapping
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:15 am

Thanks for the compliments Eric.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:46 pm

revisiting an older thread --- any chance you are still making these? or willing to sell/ship some ? ~ 3 or 4 of em?
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:48 pm

cstatman wrote:revisiting an older thread --- any chance you are still making these?  or willing to sell/ship some  ?   ~ 3 or 4 of em?

We actually just got about 6 or so in from a gentleman a couple of days ago.
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:50 pm

Matt, are these the genuine Carl Goldberg mounts?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:53 pm

balogh wrote:Matt, are these the genuine Carl Goldberg mounts?

Yes, the ones in the sealed package from Goldberg. I've got to dig them out from the box still but believe they have the balloon and tubing when them too.
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:55 pm

I would also be interested in 2 of them...when will you post them on your website?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:23 pm

balogh wrote:I would also be interested in 2 of them...when will you post them on your website?

Probably in the next couple of days - $11.95 each. If your interested I can set 2 aside for you.
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next