Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Crash Free weekend and I did Fly Cox_ba12

Crash Free weekend and I did Fly Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Today at 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Today at 9:02 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Today at 8:26 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Today at 7:42 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 7:09 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 6:07 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 5:13 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by gkamysz Today at 4:41 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Today at 2:51 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 2:07 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Today at 2:03 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 2:01 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Crash Free weekend and I did Fly Empty
Live on Patrol

Crash Free weekend and I did Fly

Go down

LOL Crash Free weekend and I did Fly

Post  Yabby Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:49 pm

What a great weekend of flying again this weekend. And it was Crash Free!!!! cheers sunny Flying   My Lad and I flew for several hours at the Flinders University sports grounds which is surrounded on three sides by major highways and the other side by a massive hospital carpark. So as long as no sport is being played, we can fly and no one even would here us, know or care. Well so far anyway!!! We still fly with mufflers. The area has four very large sports fields with beautiful thick green grass and it never seems to have the dead clippings left in it after its been cut.

My Lad got four crash free flights in on his modified American Boy with a surestart 049. And I got six crash free flights in on Claw 0 with a pressurised  TD on 42 foot spectra lines.

Crash Free weekend and I did Fly Claw_010

Claw 0 is quite light and fast but maneuvers beautifully! This weekend I managed loops, wing-overs, lazy eights and some inverted laps which were never far from disaster lol! The 42 foot spectra is great!. Next weekend I will try some fifty foot spectra as Claw 0 pulls pretty hard even on 42 foot, and I like the extra sky for practicing and trying to regain some very very old and rusty skills, and some new ones also. Very Happy Im not into Stunt flying itself, I just need to get some basics back so as that I can start practicing some combat maneuvers which pretty much require you to be able to do all sorts of things without planning or thinking about it, whichever way up you are! The TD was just awesome again. Set the needle conservatively and it ran the whole flight without changing revs or such, whichever way it was pointing. Till it ran out of fuel, which is always exciting as it doesnt lean run on pressure. It just stops running. lol!

No crashed planes, so came home, flushed the tanks etc. cleaned all my stuff, and then cleaned my build bench area as I didnt have any crashed planes to fix.!Very Happy Dont plan on that being overly frequent occurrence. HaHaHa

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

LOL Re: Crash Free weekend and I did Fly

Post  MrGoodwreck Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:07 pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Beer Cheers Beer Cheers

But I have to ask,

With no crashed planes to repair, what shall you do with the rest of your week? lol!
MrGoodwreck
MrGoodwreck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:23 pm

Great report Yabby. The Claw 0 looks Thunder Drome worthy. Beer Cheers
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 am

Thanks for that Bob! Yes Claw 0 wont win any beauty competitions but it flies really well and cost very little to make lol!

We certainly did have a great day mrgoodwreck! And yes, no planes to fix this week. But that means I can finish my version of a Little Snip. Slightly smaller wingspan and Ill put a TD 049 on it and hopefully fly it this weekend. cheers But at the moment I am reacquainting myself with the pleasures of applying the plastic film covering that shrinks with heat. Hmmmmm.... I think next time it will just be lightweight tissue, 1 coat of dope and Ill keep masking tape in my toolbox to fix any rips in the tissue from bad landings etc. I know lots of people love the shrinky plastic stuff and I did use solarfilm when I was younger but as you can tell from the look of Claw 0 above. I am certainly no craftsman. Laughing

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:48 am

As long as you and your lad are having Fun that's all that count's and having a day of fling without crashing is a Good day ! Very Happy Nice report Yabby !
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Awesome news. Congrats to both you and your sun on teh crash free weekend. That is always a bonus when you both leave and return with your aircraft in one piece!

If I may ask though, where did you find plans for the Claw O? Not that I need any more planes, but looks like a fun little build.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:50 pm

NEW222 wrote:
If I may ask though, where did you find plans for the Claw O? Not that I need any more planes, but looks like a fun little build.

Hi NEW222, Claw 0 is one of my own designs that Ive been working on for about a year now to get it to fly and perform the way I want for my own flying, and to be cheap and easy to build.
I have made a number of them and Im starting to do some proper computer based plans for it at them moment and am going to trace the formers of all the parts before I assemble my last one I cut out. I could post them here when done if thats possible or send them to outerzone

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:07 am

Sounds like you and your boy had a wonderful day, Yabby! Crash free is always a good thing. It leaves more time for building new planes instead of repairing broken ones.

Thanks for the report.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Yabby wrote:
NEW222 wrote:

Hi NEW222, Claw 0 is one of my own designs that Ive been working on for about a year now to get it to fly and perform the way I want for my own flying, and to be cheap and easy to build.
I have made a number of them and Im starting to do some proper computer based plans for it at them moment and am going to trace the formers of all the parts before I assemble my last one I cut out. I could post them here when done if thats possible or send them to outerzone

Yabby

Definately no rush, but would still definately love to get a set of plans whenever you get around to finishing them. Thank you.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Glad you had fun. Keep in mind even though it stays tight on 42ft it may be a whole different animal on 50ft. That’s really pushing it even for a fast 1/2A.

If you want to slow things down and get some extra room between the plane and the ground, go bigger. As in .15-.35 sized aircraft.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:04 pm

yes, I agree 50ft lines is pushing it. 42 foot is big enough anyway. :-) I made up a set of spectra 50 foot lines and I reckon on a really calm day they might work. I am going to find out anyway lol! I dont really want to go to a bigger engine for many reasons. I have used 2.5cc engines when I was young to fly combat, but I really like my Cox 049 engines and the size, effort, time, money and complexity of building larger models doesnt really fit with what I want out of flying. The really good thing about the Cox 049 and the models I do build and fly, is that I can smash them to pieces and just build another one and not be upset about it. No big deal. But I would find it hard to fly and crash some of the awesome models people on the forum are able to build and fly.

anyway, I will post how the 50 foot lines go, either way. HaHaHa

And yes NEW222 I will post the plans to Claw 0 once done, will take a while yet, Im really crap at drawing plans with software tools. Which for a Lead Design Engineer / Design Authority in a Defence Aerospace company would seem a bit odd. :-) It will be interesting to hear how you go with a build and fly of Claw 0 if you do end up building one and flying it. Beer Cheers

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down