Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Cox_ba12

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Today at 8:53 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Today at 8:45 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 7:54 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Empty
Live on Patrol

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Empty ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me.

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:24 pm

Thought my bid would win for sure. Didn't. Wierd plane that I wanted to duplicate. Marleysky tri-motor minus two. Gone for $78.50

Anyone here?

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Silver42
ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Silver43
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Empty RE: EBAY "SILVER LINING" TURNED TO STONE FOR ME.

Post  pman1111 Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:29 pm

Seems a person can't win anything on EBAY without sniping it lately, getting frustrated about it. You think you're going to get a good deal, or something you would like to have, only to see it evaporate at the last second!
pman1111
pman1111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Empty Re: ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me.

Post  Levent Suberk Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Hi Bob, it is easy to draw a plan of this one from photos. Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Empty Re: ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me.

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:12 pm

Thanks pman, I was sniped but my fault, I forgot when it ended and I did not watch it.  

And Levent, we think alike.  I'm not beat yet.  I immediately checked my balsa supply and have more than enough to duplicate it including SIG airfoils.  I know the dimensions of the Babe Bee and can scale everything up from there.  I have all the hardware too including the engine.  And, you have a better eye than I have...............Maybe?  I'm guessing 12" wings 30 cm.  

AG on the tail. A/G...........Andrew - George perhaps a collaboration between the two.  Smile

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. P1013541

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Silver44
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:19 pm

Consolidated made the Manx Cat which is .35 size. This to me looks like the same plane in 1/2A. I should start selling my no longer used items on the bay.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:09 pm

pman1111 wrote:Seems a person can't win anything on EBAY without sniping it lately, getting frustrated about it. You think you're going to get a good deal, or something you would like to have, only to see it evaporate at the last second!

Same thing has been happening to me lately. Even some of the more "obscure" things I look for. Most of my eBay purchases have been through buy it now listings.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:56 am

It seems that a half wing is about propeller diameter size, so wingspan is approximately 10 ins / 25 cms.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:49 am

Cute little thing….Would be great to display an engine….. Plan is on Oz…. Have fun with your replica Bob Very Happy

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. 393c9410
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:06 am

I found Ken's .19/.35 Manx Cat Robert but not the Kitten.

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Manx_c10
ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Manx10

Nose is quite different, unless PO crashed it and did some modifications.  

The fuel tank of the BB measures about 1.1" I eyeballed that about six of them would fit on one half of the wing coming up with 12".  About average for me as my eyeball is about two inches off of everything.  

I have thought the same thing Ken, sell all my modeling stuff on ebay buy a first class airline ticket to Germany and cruise the Rhine on one of those Riverboats.  About Oktoberfest would be a great time to do so.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:36 am

Bob, I have some friends whom are traveling to Switzerland next month. I think the same, I think about riding a train through the mountains like you see on television. I just mentioned this to my wife and she thought I was nuts. Call me crazy, I would love to visit a active volcano in Hawaii. I'm certain none of this would be covered by my selling of treasured Cox engines. I find it difficult to part with this stuff even though I'm not using them. I just might start doing. I have enough of them on already built planes to last two lifetimes. The stuff in storage is over the top. I really acquired many items from my father and friends which is the users that I currently run.

The market is saturated with these items due to million produced and Ebay perpetuates the availability. It becomes difficult to look at a picture and establish the items condition or value therefore most of this stuff due to it's (Not so rarity) is low priced. I need to come to terms with itemized value. Just because one sees a Babe Bee sell for $100 as a example doesn't equate to that being a sound number for sales. I put a beautiful Babe Bee which was a thin walled model with little to no use. It was a sweetheart and it ended up selling for less than $20. That hurt and I was upset with the final result but I'm obligated to mail it which I did. I gave that engine away.

I had a rear rotor Supertiger .29 new in the box which totally took me by surprise as it sold for $300. While that sounds great, it essentially covered losses that occurred through other listings. I need to get back into doing this but it does take time and multiple post office trips which is difficult for me. I'm not going to die with this stuff.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:59 am

While searching Manx Kitten plan I see plenty photos of cute Manx kittens Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Manx_c10

Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:08 am

rsv1cox wrote:AG on the tail. A/G...........Andrew - George perhaps a collaboration between the two. Smile
Um, nice thought, but I doubt we had anything to do with that. Laughing For the bizarre, how about:

Outerzone oz4290: 10-in. Breezi Bipe by Ray Malmstrom, May 1957 Model Aircraft
ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. 429010

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. 429011

Admin wrote:
pman1111 wrote:Seems a person can't win anything on EBAY without sniping it lately, getting frustrated about it. You think you're going to get a good deal, or something you would like to have, only to see it evaporate at the last second!
Same thing has been happening to me lately. Even some of the more "obscure" things I look for. Most of my eBay purchases have been through buy it now listings.
Ditto, most of mine are buy it now. Regarding the sniping, I don't worry about it. I set a maximum bid amount I want to part with, may be add a touch more. If someone else outbids me, may they enjoy. There's more to life than things. sunny
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:54 am

I wish the seller had presented a better profile picture, it looks like the bottom of the fuselage has a half-moon curve to it.  He may have winged it a bit.  Looks like the fuselage is 1/4" balsa with extended proud sides molded on.  Heavy!

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Silver45

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Silver46

Finishing up the Wen Mac Corsair, eager to get into it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:38 am

Bob, I think Robert basically answered your question. The plan is not available on Outerzone, Hip Pocket nor AeroFred, I just checked. However, Robert's 3-view has all the basic info, can be scaled to full for printing, to reproduce the Manx Kitten for half-A.

The lost bid one, the owner modified the tail a little to give a rear edge scalloping similar to a shark fin. One could simply use the generic beige profile fuselage Cox engine and landing gear mount sold on Bernie's and Matt's on-line stores to make it even easier to construct.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:50 am

Yes, I have copied down Roberts specs. Will put all information into a blender and proceed from there. I want to duplicate the model as the builder built it or close to it. I do not like those proud sides though if they are solid balsa.

I have all hardware, and may have some cream paint. I know I have silver, replicating labels (silver lining and AG) for me will be a problem, I'm no artist. Perhaps I can use one of the pictures, cut, copy, and print onto to sticky backed decal paper.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:19 am

Fuselage profile is a little different from Manx Kitten. I think that builder made some differences. I draw as close as possible at 1:1 scale:
ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Img_2063
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:24 am

Forgot tail skid, can be 1/8 in hard plywood.

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Img_2064
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:32 am

Ken Cook wrote:                  Consolidated made the Manx Cat which is .35 size. This to me looks like the same plane in 1/2A. I should start selling my no longer used items on the bay.

Might I suggest a alternative to Evil-Bay?  There are a number of groups that have free Buy/Sell threads or forums. They work quite well and don't charge an arm and leg in listing and final value fees etc.    The Cox Engine forum is a great place to target select buyers of Cox parts/pieces or engines to members who know the value of these items. A lot more variety of brands marketed to similar minded hobbyist at  RCGroups and RCUniverse are two off the top of my head.
https://www.rcgroups.com/classifieds-201/
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/listings/engines-motors-5  
Don't forget Rusty's other hang-out:
https://stunthanger.com/smf/classifieds-92/?PHPSESSID=ec5bb7dc60b2c40c9cb6d236526e7573
 You can list and set your own asking price, plus freight or accept "Best Offers'  So you won't get stuck selling at a low opening bid
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:45 am

Changed firewall a little, needle valve protrudes from a notch at upper wing. Tail skid must a little backwards.
ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Img_2065
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Thanks Levent, all goes into the blender.

For those that didn't find the auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234599642813?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=hIjPTjyYFXiWl1LzhgEl5e1s2oY%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Next to last picture Levent shows the skid as a twisted piece of wire.

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Silver47
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi Bob, The drawing for the kitten is in the plan supplement- article…. Sorry, I forgot to post the link…. It’s an interesting read too…

https://outerzone.co.uk/download_file.asp?planID=3402&FileType=Supp&Filename=Manx_Cat_oz3402_article.pdf

The only reason I knew anything about it is a friend had the full size version when I was a kid…. Looked pretty menacing to a kid back then…

Nice sketch Levent!!… I like sketching ideas as well …
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:49 pm

Hotlinks don't work, must go to plan page to download supplement Very Happy

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3402
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:29 pm

Brain drain mistake. Posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited by rsv1cox on Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:05 pm

Im with Ken on the eBay thing.

selling - i post a motor - it sells for $15. I basically sold a glow plug and gave away the motor.

buying - i want to spend $30 - it goes for $750,002.35 -

and as one of my .020 saviours mentioned? RCGroups....
I've bought stuff there, then had the seller come back and say "hey, I have this other stuff, would you like that too"

which is how I got these Sterling knockoff kits for very affordable price.

SO ??? who knows.

(oh, and Bob! that biplane is sharp, I didnt bid on it - cause. too cool for me! Smile )
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:03 pm

Levent Suberk wrote:Hotlinks don't work, must go to plan page to download supplement  Very Happy

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3402
Thanks, @Levent Suberk, I downloaded the article. It has several versions of the Manx Cat along with the half-A Kitten.

I found reading the article fascinating on the design. It was stable enough in level flight, but then was ultra maneuverable in turns, plus, with the different sizes, one could fit it to various engine sizes.

For the half-A, one could even use the universal profile fuselage engine mount sold both by Bernie and Matt.

ebay "Silver Lining" turned to stone for me. Contro11
Cox International CA's profile fuselage engine & landing gear mount shown

With thinner wings, one could even use an A.C. Gilbert .11 Thunderhead, Cox .074 Queen Bee or Metallion .09 for power on the 20" wingspan one.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum