Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" Cox_ba12

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by aspeed Today at 8:06 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" Empty
Live on Patrol

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly"

Go down

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" Empty "Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly"

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:29 am

Elon Musk's SpaceX team logically and humorously explaining the termination of it's 400' tall moon rocket.

Wonder how many of us have had the same experience in our hobby............. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" Empty Re: "Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly"

Post  Yabby Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:05 am

rsv1cox wrote:Elon Musk's SpaceX team logically and humorously explaining the termination of it's 400' tall moon rocket.

Wonder how many of us have had the same experience in our hobby............. Smile

I find I usually experience those events when I perform unplanned powered landings. lol!

Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" Empty Re: "Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly"

Post  Kim Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:20 am

Brings to mind "The Saga of Billy's Flying Fool"...which STILL holds the prestigious
"Breezy Hill Award for the Most Complete Aerial Disassembly in which the Ground's Only Role was to Stop the Pieces from Falling"

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" 5_212
"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" 5_310
"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" 5_511

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" 0_218
"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" 5_17_t10

"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" 5_1510
"Suffered a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly" 5_1610
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:17 am

That C/L biplane is repairable, can live another day when done. OTOH, I witnessed a large R/C ARF biplane return to kindling about 8 years at the old MADS field, before the city relocated it within southwest corner of Ned Houk Park. It was large, may be a 5.5 - 6 foot wingspan, in bright red covering, a thing of beauty.

It took off, was about 50 feet AGL, then stalled, came down nose first. There were so many lightening holes in its balsa and hardwood sheet pieces, that it literally blew apart. Plastic pilot bust died. Sad

lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:50 pm

i find it very interesting on the "social media" all the folks dancing with joy at "elon's failure"

it makes me wonder when we forgot that scientific progress requires risk and failure.

Society today is now so caught up in ABSOLUTE SAFETY, that we dont advance. at all

Nat Geo published a well thought out article on why this was not the "catastrophic fail" all the pundits want it to be
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/spacex-starship-rocket-launch-space-elon-musk

I wish we could get back to science, advancement, and inspiring kids to become engineers,
instead of Us-vs-Them, and arguments about who is a man or woman.
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:43 pm

cstatman wrote:i find it very interesting on the "social media" all the folks dancing with joy at "elon's failure". it makes me wonder when we forgot that scientific progress requires risk and failure. Society today is now so caught up in ABSOLUTE SAFETY, that we dont advance.  at all Nat Geo published a well thought out article on why this was not the "catastrophic fail" all the pundits want it to be
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/spacex-starship-rocket-launch-space-elon-musk

Short of wandering over to the Red Neck Zone:

We also post our enjoyment of this hobby, which gives us something positive to look forward to, because it is good wholesome relaxation and and outlet for expressing creativity and gratitude.

Tired w/ Coffee Read Stereo Hats Off This Site Rocks!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:02 pm

George,
Wow...you nailed it. Amen!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:15 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Wonder how many of us have had the same experience in our hobby............. Smile

How many fingers you got?????? Laughing
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  HalfaDave Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:01 pm

Hi All,
Crash and Learn works.
How many hobby shops are on the Moon or Mars?
Just saying,
Dave
HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pman1111 Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:44 pm

cstatman wrote:i find it very interesting on the "social media" all the folks dancing with joy at "elon's failure"

it makes me wonder when we forgot that scientific progress requires risk and failure.

Society today is now so caught up in ABSOLUTE SAFETY, that we dont advance.  at all

Nat Geo published a well thought out article on why this was not the "catastrophic fail" all the pundits want it to be

I wish we could get back to science, advancement, and inspiring kids to become engineers,  
instead of Us-vs-Them, and arguments about who is a man or woman.

These sound like the same people that said "You'll never be able to land a rocket"
pman1111
pman1111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:02 pm

These sound like the same people that said "You'll never be able to land a rocket"

I was amazed the first time I saw that. It's going to topple over any second now............and it didn't.

I get both National Geographic and Smithsonian magazines. Both very liberal in content but some very great science articles. Watch their TV shows too.

Early on, I "suffered rapid disassemblies" mostly Ralphs "Hollow Logs". Caused some griefs because at 50 cents an hour earned at a poultry farm it was a significant expenditure. I think economics made me try harder.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down