Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Extraction Cox_ba12

Extraction Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 3:25 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Extraction Empty
Live on Patrol

Extraction

Go down

Extraction Empty Extraction

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:16 am

Funny how your life can change in a matter of minutes.

Shortly after I posted this morning I got a call from my dentist. "We had a cancellation, can you come in right now?"

I have been fighting a tooth ache for two days now, called my dentist - "Can't get you in until August first but if we have a cancellation we will call you."

An hour or so after the call I'm home minus a molar. Crunch, crack, crunch the sounds associated are worse than the pain.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Extraction Empty Re: Extraction

Post  HalfaDave Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi rsv1cox,
My Dentist says, rip all my teeth out. They cannot help me. I am 65yrs old.
Got an appointment with a nice oral surgeon.
Suggests I eat every meat I have in the freezer, while I can.
Then, I get all my teeth pulled out.
Pain Killers, can kill people.
"Funny how your Life can change"...
Bob, we are all with you,
And Love you Very Much.
Take care,
Have fun,
Dave

HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:27 pm

Smile Smile

I'm 85, born well nefore fluoride saw common use.  Still, I have all my wisdom teeth but have lost four to extractions.  Had a couple of root canals, one went sour and had to be pulled.  Mom and Dad both had false teeth but my son has all of his teeth minus the wisdoms which were pulled while he was in the Navy.  SOP for the young ones.  He has had just one cavity in his 59 years.  

I'm used to it now, long list of no-no's given to me by the dentist, No smoking --Don't any way.  No spitting, No drinking through a straw, No carbonated or hot drinks etc. etc..........Dry Socket a big no no.  Smile

My dinner and supper.

Extraction P1015530

and my wrist is healing nicely, my sore back, and my hernia.....  The toothache just piled on.  Smile  But, forced rest has about cured my back.

Extraction P1015531

Last edited by rsv1cox on Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:02 pm

My wife now 71 had same thing. Dentist said with missing molar she was using her forward teeth putting to much work on them, which caused one to crack and abscess, not salvageable. Pulled recently, after heals, need to get her appointment for bridge or denture work.

Back to using crutches, strained my back during lifting.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:16 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:My wife now 71 had same thing. Dentist said with missing molar she was using her forward teeth putting to much work on them, which caused one to crack and abscess, not salvageable. Pulled recently, after heals, need to get her appointment for bridge or denture work.

Back to using crutches, strained my back during lifting.

Has she thought about implants George?  I asked my dentist about them.  Sounds extreme, drill a hole in your jawbone, thread and set with an adhesive.

Sympathies with your back pain George, there are few pains worse and I know you'res have been chronic as have been mine.  Mine aggravated this past weekend moving dirt and rocks from a culvert under the road in front of my house.

Last edited by rsv1cox on Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:28 pm

One orthodontist wanted $15,000 for implant work. The anchors they used look just like the ones a contractor used to anchor a 2,000 lb. air handler onto the concrete underfloor in a hospital (above ceiling in floor below), set in Epoxy grout, just miniature.

We could afford it but she objects to cost. Still, she needs bridge or dentures, which will still work.

Anchors only work if jawbone has good, solid bone in location they would drill the anchor holes.

Yeah, back is my weakness. Folks were surprised to see me hobbling on crutches past couple days.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:59 pm

Yikes. Sorry to hear of everyones problems with teeth. I know and feel the pain as I have many oral procedures due to bad teeth from many medications from when I was young. However I still have a majority of my originals and am going as long as I can. Some of my teeth do not have neighbours whether above or beside, which complicates things sometimes..... Implants are definately out for me as a friend has them and he personally regrets the decision ever since, said they hurt like hell when getting installed, and he is no sissy! I try my best to keep what I have and hope for the best!

As for dinner. Bob, yours lookes a lot healthier than what I had today..... Or most days for that matter.... But hope you heal and get well soon to enjoy a nice big steak!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:42 am

Dentists.......I have a history.  

Hit by a car at four weeks old, severe injuries spent six weeks in the hospital.  Terrified at anybody in white coming at me, change bandages, remove stiches, physical therapy.  Later, "Baby" teeth coming out Mom warned the dentist, I still remember his name.....Dr. Williams, so he removed his white smock and put on his suit coat and removed those baby teeth.  He gave me a dime for being so "good".  I probably screamed my head off.  Mom smiled.

That was back in the day when everybody in the medical industry wore white. Check out old movies.  Today, they wear most anything.  

Jaw still bothers me, eight days on.  Grand canyon where a tooth used to be.  Kids over for Fathers day, brought stuffed salmon and shrimp from Costco, Yams and veggies.  Lemon pie for desert.  I struggled through.  

Accidently ripped the scab off (picture above) the pole saw injury this morning,  minor back pain this morning from working in the woods most of the day yesterday.  Life goes on.............
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down