Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking.. - Page 4 Cox_ba12

ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking.. - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joe Wagners Sioux
by Kim Today at 5:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by getback Today at 12:19 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 10:29 am

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Today at 9:49 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by rsv1cox Today at 9:39 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 6:32 am

» M1Fan...who are you?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:54 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking.. - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking..

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking.. - Page 4 Empty Re: ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking..

Post  balogh Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:48 am

Amazing project and result of conversion to glow engine, Mauricio...just make sure you clean up the castor thrown around in the room,  before your wife enters!!! Old Bugger Very Happy
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking.. - Page 4 Empty Re: ZOOM Copter ...my crazy head is thinking..

Post  HalfaDave Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:40 am

Hi Mauricio,
Wonderful project, thanks for sharing... Cool
I can relate to the, 'Oh,Yeah' after a good Cox run... Smile
Indoors ! no less ! Smile
I recommend waiting for calm weather.
The Cox.049 Heli we launched, went way, way... straight up !
I picked it up, 20M/yds away...
I am sure you can do better !
Take care,
Have fun,
Dave
HalfaDave
HalfaDave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:03 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Buenas noches Mauricio. Tu helicóptero volaba muy bueno en tu mano. Good evening Mauricio, your helicopter flew well in your hand.

Estes motores pequeños de Pee Wee aman Nitro. Qué es el nivel de Nitro, ¿15%? These small Pee Wee engines love Nitro. What is the Nitro level, 15%?

Si así, entonces está llorando por 25%. If so, then ir is crying for 25%. Laughing

Gracias para nos estás mostrando tu video. Thank you for showing us your video. Tu obra es muy profesional. Your work is very professional.

Dios le bendiga todo. God bless you all. - Jorge Very Happy I Love This Forum!
Thank you Jorge for your comment.
I'm using 20% Nitro
I am doing some experiments with fuel mixtures that I will share here soon. Thank you for all your words and God is very good to me, he has made me live a beautiful personal experience. My entire previous health journey has taught me a lot. I am happy that God is my ally and so are all of you!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:08 pm

rdw777 wrote:Really nice balance on the rotor Mauricio!!!…. It looks like the weight verses the lift of the engine is close so it may stay closer, longer on a calm day…. It takes a good skill on the machine lathe to completely re-engineer the helicopter to become gas powered free flight….You should send photos and video to the company that made it initially…. I’m sure they would be surprised and also pleased Very Happy

Thank you my dear friend Roberto, making these pieces on the lathe, they are part of the restlessness that mobilizes my spirit, I feel great pleasure in each challenge and seeing how I solve it.
I appreciate that you value this work so much, the helicopter is from a Chinese manufacturer, but it doesn't surprise me that it is a copy of Cox's US Ranger on a reduced scale, I don't think you will be interested, rather, I hope Leroy sees where he is from. Maybe he'll give me a chance at his company in another life haha, it wouldn't be bad to work for Cox...it would be something incredible.
Well Roberto thanks again!...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:11 pm

getback wrote:Look at you running engines and Now fling Heli's in the house lol!  You got it bad son / It seems to launch without a problem , good eye catching it before it got loose on you .. This Site Rocks! You could tie a string to it and fly it like a kite LOL I was thinking the same thing about what Robert said >> ( You should send photos and video to the company that made it initially…. I’m sure they would be surprised and also pleased Very Happy)) Good day Friend !  

Thanks Eric!!...you are very kind!...I have worked quite a bit on the Cox .020, there are a few details that I will share here once the flight has been attempted, the PEE WEE is not easy, its flaper valve is the sensitive heart of the carburetion...it is very determined, but I will make my comments about the adjustments.
Thanks again, a big hug my friend!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:15 pm

Levent Suberk wrote:First glow powered indoor helicopter? A record? Very Happy

haha, dear friend!...don't say it out loud, I'm afraid the police will come and take me away for strange attempts! ha ha
And yes, perhaps it is a precedent. I like this beautiful toy full of steps to solve, it makes you think, it makes you make pieces, it makes you work over and over again, it makes you temper your soul and strengthen your patience... all of that is no small thing... I hope Let it fly and it will be very rewarding!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:21 pm

balogh wrote:Amazing project and result of conversion to glow engine, Mauricio...just make sure you clean up the castor thrown around in the room,  before your wife enters!!! Old Bugger Very Happy

thank you very much András...the girls, the girls...ugh it's a separate story...I've had many romantic relationships, I never got married, a question of destiny, I don't know... I always imagined a family but I didn't achieve it ...there are many girls there, but I live single...it is something that is happening in many places...so no one challenges me... at least for now hahaha....
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:23 pm

HalfaDave wrote:Hi Mauricio,
Wonderful project, thanks for sharing... Cool
I can relate to the,  'Oh,Yeah'  after a good Cox run... Smile
Indoors ! no less  ! Smile
I recommend waiting for calm weather.
The Cox.049 Heli we launched, went  way, way... straight up !
I picked it up,  20M/yds away...
I am sure you can do better !
Take care,
Have fun,
Dave

Thanks Dave!!...yes, I'm waiting for the right day, calm wind so I can try to fly this little helicopter and we'll see what happens.
Thank you for your message...a big hug friend!!!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:49 pm

Cox Pee Wee .020 and Zoom Copter with 4 blades.
Here I am with a friend from the club, Carlos, trying to see how the 4 blades turn out, this experience, the helicopter manages to fly, but it is at the limit, the rotor revolutions have decreased, which means that it cannot gain altitude.
I will modify the rotor again and try again with 3 blades...
To be continue...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:21 am

Well that was pretty wild when it went out and came back to you Very Happy Back to the drawing board , yes a little less weight and more rotation power should get you in the air Small Cox Logo I know you will get it fixed though ! This Site Rocks! Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:28 am

Very commendable Mauricio to work out a complex idea and put it to the test and see if will really fly…. It seems we always have the privilege of learning new things with these kinds of experiments…. Thanks for sharing Very Happy

Roberto!
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:46 am

Mauricio, tu helicóptero volaba muy bueno, pero yo crea las palas de rotor están demasiadas pesadas. El poder del Pee Wee está trabajando a sus limites. Te sugiero que haces esas palas desde madera de balsa. Very Happy

Mauricio, Your helicopter flew very well, but I believe the rotor blades are too heavy. The power of the Pee Wee is working at its limits. I suggest that you make those blades from balsa wood. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4