Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Cox_ba12

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Empty
Live on Patrol

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Empty Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:22 am

Bothers me to be shut in during the winter months as I'm always searching for something to do.  The last few winters I bought every junk locomotive that I could find and rebuilt it.  Facinating and enjoyable, great time-passers with a tangible outcome.  

Miserable day today and I can't get outside and my workshop and work bench are clean and organized. No chainsaws or other projects to contend with.  Happened to stop by the train room and ran some.  Cox made model trains and locomotives too but not exactly at Santa Anna. Sad

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Cox_lo18
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Cox_ho10

Ran Krauss Maffei, Consolidated, and Dockside on the tracks.  

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016219

Not sustainable, limited interest so I got out my pinnable suspended ceiling build-board and laid out a second P-38 that I have been thinking about building for years.  Duane's Innovative Profile P-51 got me thinking.  Profile booms using his engine mounting design with a profile pilots pod.  But I may do a scale pod as I like canopies.

Guides and inspirations.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016220

Dent in the left wing is the result of landing a little short of the tarmac...........many, many years ago.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016222

DO NOT EXPECT DUANE-LIKE QUALITY!!!!
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Empty Re: Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:35 am

Hi Bob, great railway collection you have. If P 38 need a special colour scheme then let me know.

Today I continued to build Guillows model. Lightly painted it with household spray paint. Airbrushes are pricey, I don't want to buy an airbrush. Household spray paints and varnishes are okay for me. Cleaned and oiled again Cox engines, despite that they don't need to cleaning any. Ordered a plastic vintage model kit, Italeri PAN G91. I bought another vintage plastic kit Matchbox Hunting Provost Mk1 and restorated its cardboard box.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Img_2119
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Empty Re: Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:25 pm

Thanks Levent, I will keep that in mind.

The Provost Mk1, a neat little model

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Provos11
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Provos10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:52 pm

Bob , The trains look good , Levent , nice job on the Guillows model
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:16 pm

Bob, The trains sound like a good indoor activity for when the weather turns bad…. Lot’s of wires and gears to play with!! ….Lectric stuff!!….. I had a friend that moved down from Illinois when we were in Jr. High….. He had boxes and more boxes of Lionel trains and all the accessories to go with them….. Was their cold weather activity too…..The only thing I’ve done anywhere close to trains, I built a little steam engine a couple of winters ago when we were snowed in a few days….. I’ve got some Lionel size track and may build some kind of steam contraption locomotive for it to push around one of these days …..

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's 13f66810

The Guillows Cherokee is looking great Levent!…. Very neat and clean work….
I have the 905 Mustang kit….. I’ve thought about making it an electric park flyer or even Cox powered…. But the more I think about it, I may just build it for rubber free flight as designed …..As you mentioned in your build thread, For the experience of building and flying from a kit like when we were kids …. Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:12 pm

The Guillows Cherokee is looking great Levent!…. Very neat and clean work….

I agree Robert, you and Levent are on a par for doing fantastic detail work on all your models.  Consider the balancing holes on the flywheel of your steam engine.  

My "Clean and organized"

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016223
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016225

More like "normal."

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016227

Cut out the second "boom" for the P-38 and finally scaled the cockpit pod to the wing.  Keeping it simple........profile. My pictured P-38 was of monocouge construction, hollow wing, boom's, and pod.  

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Scan_201

Still raining...thankfully.  We have been so dry.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016226
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:28 am

That is a very nice work space Bob, We are fortunate to have those when weather is not so nice outside…. I admire the organization!….. I stayed in mine a lot this summer when it was extremely hot….I have three of those yellow parts bins/drawers from HF like sitting on your white table…. One for .049’s and parts, One for .020’s, and one for rc electronics….Also have one like the blue one on the wall that’s probably forty years old, I think was from Sears (?) for small tools, Dremel tools and etc….

You are making your P-38 from three view drawings?…. Maybe also some reference to your old ‘38?….Your old P-38 is a very nicely built and detailed model, Something to be proud of Thumbs Up

Back to your trains;…. Those old round nose locos (F-5 - F-7?) are classy ….When I was a kid we lived about 1/4 from the main east-west Union Pacific line that runs from El Paso to Fort Worth….Sometimes when we heard the train coming  we would ride our bikes to end of the road just to watch it go by….Those round nose locos were painted dark blue with a little yellow trim, Very pretty….Back then they ran both passenger and freight, but only freight runs  today….. Of course the guy in the caboose would always return a friendly wave to us….
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:36 pm

rdw777 wrote:That is a very nice work space Bob, We are fortunate to have those when weather is not so nice outside…. I admire the organization!….. I stayed in mine a lot this summer when it was extremely hot….I have three of those yellow parts bins/drawers from HF like sitting on your white table…. One for .049’s and parts, One for .020’s, and one for rc electronics….Also have one like the blue one on the wall that’s probably forty years old, I think was from Sears (?) for small tools, Dremel tools and etc….

You are making your P-38 from three view drawings?…. Maybe also some reference to your old ‘38?….Your old P-38 is a very nicely built and detailed model, Something to be proud of Thumbs Up

Back to your trains;…. Those old round nose locos (F-5 - F-7?) are classy ….When I was a kid we lived about 1/4 from the main east-west Union Pacific line that runs from El Paso to Fort Worth….Sometimes when we heard the train coming  we would ride our bikes to end of the road just to watch it go by….Those round nose locos were painted dark blue with a little yellow trim, Very pretty….Back then they ran both passenger and freight, but only freight runs  today….. Of course the guy in the caboose would always return a friendly wave to us….

Thanks Robert - I love these old Varney F-3 coil spring drive locomotives, bought every one I could get my hands on, most very cheap and inoperatrive.  Coil spring belt drive with three tiered pulleys giving you a choice of three speeds.  Rebuilt most of them added new horns sandblasted and painted.

These pre-date the earliest Cox product by a couple of decades.  Gordon Varney pioneered model trains.  

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016228
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016229
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016231
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016232
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016233
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:35 pm

You are making your P-38 from three view drawings?

Yes, I saved all my drawings from my first P-38 build and added a couple.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P-38_e11
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Lockhe10

I had trouble figuring the thrust angles (angle of incidence) relationship with the wings chord and the horizontal stab on the original so I just selected neutral.  But I never did get it right as the plane seemed uncomfortable in flight always wanting to fly nose high.  Would like to do better on this one.    

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Scan_202

I had Mark scale the pilots pod to the rest of the aircraft coming out at 10 inches.  Profile, I'm just going to cut it out on quarter inch balsa and be done with it.  No canopy to deal with.  Soften the edges with sanding.  Will need a lot of detail add ons, air intakes, superchargers, etc etc

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016236
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016234

Found this Levent while going through some stuff.  

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016235
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:49 pm

Hi Bob, There is a red scheme for P 38, interesting one. Kelly Johnson aircraft?

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Images17
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's 91u1oh10
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's 32p38310

Very good Guillows kit Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:32 pm

Thanks Levent,

It's featured in Warren Bodie's book. Interesting back-story on it.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016245

Me and mini-me.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016246

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:31 pm

All day rain, heavy at times so I can't get out-doors and have time to catch up on things and pester the forum.

I cut out the pilots pod on the dremel jig saw and had to glue two 16" balsa pieces to get the 1/8th for the horizontal stab and the elevator. Got them sandwiched between two flat hard surfaces with weights. Doing the glassine window for the Cox Army train set at the same time. Used Titebond for the balsa, Elmer's white for the glassine window.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016258
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016257
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016259

Picked out the engines for the P-38. Exposed not hidden as my other P-38 which can house either Black Widows Or Golden Bees. Went with the 5cc Babe Bees. Borrowing Duane's mounts.

Special engines. Came together as a mess of castor goo and beat up cases and backplates. I sandblasted both as they were so bad and replaced the glow heads. Great runners.

Still much to do, but it's progress.

This one will get flown. I want to experience it again without risking my original.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016262
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016260
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016261

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:12 pm

This one will get flown. I want to experience it again without risking my original.

Rooting for you on this one Bob….Collecting is rewarding and certainly much can be learned and enjoyed from it, But seeing the work of your hands sail thru the air is an awesome experience….I like the concept too of not risking the original by making a not so invested copy…..My Pageboy has a foamy/electric test goat clone to test changes before applied to the original, and just flying practice as well…..I also like the detail you mentioned of rounding the corners of the wood…. Just makes so much nicer the finished model….
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:17 pm

Fortunately due to Outerzone, we now have plans for the 24 inch Sterling half-A P-38. I have an unbuilt bigger brother, the 36 inch Sterling P-38 and 2 Enya .09-III with venturi. Maybe once we're settled down MO, can build it.

P-38 in a capable pilot's hands could take on anything the enemy could throw and come back for more. But back then, they had no automatic systems. I was amazed at how much work it was to set the mixture, manifold pressure, prop pitch, trim, along with a few other things.

A pilot's ability to do these instinctively made a difference between being victim or victor. It was a cutting edge high performer when it debuted, and still remained competitive at war end.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:43 pm

I was going to fly my P-38 the other day but the inboard engine was notbeing cooperative. I looked it over today and I think I resolved it. I painted this with Brodak dope. Well, it has NO fuel resistance whatsoever and it already started to wash off. I'm going to clean the plane up with Prep-Sol and I will spray two part auto urethane on the nacelle and wing mid section top and bottom. I just didn't want to mix any up unless I had enough other items to be sprayed clear. It always concerns me to spray this clear because I shouldn't be spraying it with my color gun. I need to purchase another gun just for clear.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Dscn3154

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Dscn3155

These engines are Babe Bees from 1988. These came with dual bypass cylinders but no transfer flutes. They've always been reliable for me and they've never been separated. These engines always have been mounted together on a twin. First twin was my B-25, then the C-47, now the P-38
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:44 pm

Nice Ken, Scientific kit right?  Nice taunt wing and a more scale pilots pod than mine.  Finish looks great.

Rooting for you on this one Bob

Thanks Robert.  Last time I flew C/L I hung one in a tree and face planted the other.  Not risking a 50+ year old scratch build.  I'm no-long coordinated, but I do have a memory.  I remember the first time I flew it.  Original engines were Golden Bees, it was a thrill the get them running and listen to them in Sync..  Lifted it off - no hand-launch and just let it putt around the circle.  I never even tried a wing over.  Scale all the way you know.  Wasn't built for that.  

I have since flown it many times, by myself with a stooge, with a friend at work, and with my son.  Last time I flew it was at the Patuxent River Naval Air Test center at the compass rose where they tested the P-2V lockheed Neptune and the P-3V Orion.  Nice paved circle.  

Charles Lindbergh and Richard Bong.  Lindbergh a vocal anti-war protester went to the Pacific theater and taught P-38 pilots how to set their mixture controls for maxmium performance and range.  He also unoffically shot down a Japanese aircraft.  Bong, WW-2's "Ace of Aces" shot down more enemy airplanes than anyone elso, all with the P-38.  He was killed in 1946 testing the Lockheed P-80 "Shooting Star."  

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016264
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016263

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:51 pm

Mine is a Sterling reproduction by DPC models. I don't expect anything really maneuverable out of it aside from some loops and eights. This seems like it's going to be a problem landing as I assume like it's .15 size brother it will fall out of the sky like a meteor.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:52 pm

Ken Cook wrote:                    Mine is a Sterling reproduction by DPC models. I don't expect anything really maneuverable out of it aside from some loops and eights. This seems like it's going to be a problem landing as I assume like it's .15 size brother it will fall out of the sky like a meteor.

Smile Smile  Gas-up the inside engine last as you know Ken.  But many times on mine the inside engine quit first and it didn't seem to make much of a difference other than giving me a fright moment.

Now I remember you saying that it was a repro..

Edit add:

I think I have figured out my Cox Box...............But I still do not know what goes in the empty space. Nothing on the box indicates it as everthing is accounted for.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016266
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016267
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016265
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016268

No happy times today, spent most of it burning off brush. That dirt pile and the one next to it over-flowed. More tomorrow.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016269
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:37 pm

Rained trains today, not planned shippers were on the ball and shipped promptly.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016276
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016277

Best.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016278

Vintage cast Varney coil spring belt drive from the 1930's. Shipped with the old style coupler which will not be used. NMA couplers instead. Poorly painted, will be sandblasted and painted olive drab and Army decals applied.

Also got this. Railway gun. Bore looks to be .22 caliber. Smile Cox and nicely done by their vendor.

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016279
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:12 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
This one will get flown.  I want to experience it again without risking my original.  

Hey Bob  @rsv1cox did I read and understand this right that you are going to fly your new P-38 you are building?  that would be awesome cheers I thought for some reason that you had retired from flying the planes. If you are going to fly the P-38 it will be a great plane to fly. Twin engines. Thumbs Up cheers sunny
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:11 am

Thanks Yabby,

Yes, it's the twin engines that are my prime mover. But, building the plane is proving to be fun too. No pressure to build a beautiful model. But somehow I'm going to build in all the little add-on's that make the P-38 a P-38. Going to take some time though, it has to share time with things that have to be done. We all know that feeling. Out early this morning with the tractor the rain and the mud burning off logs, slash and brush.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:28 pm

This thread caused me to remember this part of the P-38’s history….
Had to look it up and re-read it…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vengeance

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's Fce5c310
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Wikipedia a wonderful resourse, I quote it here often and contribute yearly to it's support.  If I don't they send me a reminder.  Smile

Another way that Lindbergh contributed to the war effort teaching pilots how to extend the P-38's range.  The Smithsonian channel did an episode on the raid and included Yamamato's funeral in Toyko.  

Added the railway gun and boxed cannons to the combat engineers set, and roughed out the horizontal stab and elevator for the P-38.  

Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016280
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016282
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016281
Mid-September, cold and rainy and a young mans thoughts turn to model trains and P-38's P1016283
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:08 am

Wikipedia a wonderful resourse, I quote it here often and contribute yearly to it's support.  If I don't they send me a reminder.  Smile

I may have to follow your lead on that Bob, I use it quite a bit….Any subject or anyone of significance you can look up….Sometimes I just like reading their front page and chasing links….

The ‘38 is looking good, They truly are neat airplanes, Thanks for sharing your build….Trains too!!!
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:51 am

rdw777 wrote:Wikipedia a wonderful resourse, I quote it here often and contribute yearly to it's support.  If I don't they send me a reminder.  Smile

I may have to follow your lead on that Bob, I use it quite a bit….Any subject or anyone of significance you can look up….Sometimes I just like reading their front page and chasing links….

The ‘38 is looking good, They truly are neat airplanes, Thanks for sharing your build….Trains too!!!

My yearly reminder from Jimmy.

Dear Robert,
Jimmy Wales
My name is Jimmy Wales, and I'm the founder of Wikipedia. In the past, you donated $25 to help us support Wikipedia so it may continue to bring you and millions of people around the world value. Each year, roughly 2% of Wikipedia readers choose to support our work. You have been one of those rare donors, and for this I want to thank you warmly. I'm grateful you agree that we can use the power of the internet for good. We will achieve this not as individuals, but as a collaborative movement of knowledge seekers.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next