Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Pen Pals of Younger Days Cox_ba12

Pen Pals of Younger Days Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by rsv1cox Today at 7:41 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 6:10 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Pen Pals of Younger Days Empty
Live on Patrol

Pen Pals of Younger Days

Go down

Pen Pals of Younger Days Empty Pen Pals of Younger Days

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:47 am

I remembered my pen pals in my teenage years from USA and Europe countries. One of them is a very special teenager girl friend from Idaho. Her name was Anne and ancestor was Irish. There were only letter, telegram and old telephones at those days for a conversation. She sent commemorative US coins -one is in photos-, postcards, a Christmas bauble to me, and I sent to her postcards, Turkish made silver jewellery and other items as gifts. One day in -summer 1974- she invited me to USA and want to send airway tickets, but I need to work at the time so I couldn't go abroad. We corresponded for several years, then our friendship by letters faded away day by day. I don't know where is she now, but I will always remember her.

Pen Pals of Younger Days Img_2124
Pen Pals of Younger Days Img_2125

Last edited by Levent Suberk on Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say her ancestor.)
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Pen Pals of Younger Days Empty Re: Pen Pals of Younger Days

Post  Kim Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:32 am

Totally relate.  

The letters from mine were lost over time, and I sometimes think it would be cool if the ones sent to her still existed for re-reading.  Probably just as well, as they would probably embarrass me good and proper.

Great memories though.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:34 am

That’s a neat story Levent…. I remember hearing about Pen Pals when I was younger but never participated with it….My Dad probably has some Turkish coins from about the same time period as your dollar…. He traveled many places around the world in the 70’s with his work including Türkiye….He worked for American Petro Fina and would go to other countries when a new plant was being started up for the first time…. He always brought coins and souvenirs from the places he visited….One of the souvenirs from Türkiye was a silver puzzle ring…..It could be undone and was four separate rings linked like a chain…. You had to know the secret to put it back together again ….Nice memories Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:00 am

rdw777 wrote:That’s a neat story Levent…. I remember hearing about Pen Pals when I was younger but never participated with it….My Dad probably has some Turkish coins from about the same time period as your dollar…. He traveled many places around the world in the 70’s with his work including Türkiye….He worked for American Petro Fina and would go to other countries when a new plant was being started up for the first time…. He always brought coins and souvenirs from the places he visited….One of the souvenirs from Türkiye was a silver puzzle ring…..It could be undone and was four separate rings linked like a chain…. You had to know the secret to put it back together again ….Nice memories Very Happy

I have one of a puzzle ring belongs to my dad Very Happy  However I don't know it's solving. I remember that my dad solve it in several seconds and I amazed in childhood days. Very Happy

Pen Pals of Younger Days Img_2126

I found a site about Turkish puzzle rings:
https://www.lovetoknow.com/life/style/turkish-puzzle-rings
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:34 pm

Pen Pals of Younger Days 40117f10

Nice Levent!…. Yes, That is very much like the one I remember….Very foggy memory but I
think it goes together something like: …. The two pieces circled in red are held together forming an opening between the two at the top…. The remaining two pieces are individually worked into that opening, Their curved parts are twisted in the opening allowing them to “fold” into the original first two…. Everything should be mated flat together at this point…,, Last step is to separate the two halves at the bottom (two rings in each half)…. Move them apart like a hinge… Twist at the original opening and gently fold back down to complete….. Don’t hold me to it, It’s been a very long time Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:52 pm

My pen-pal was a girl from Nottingham NH.  I was 15 she was 14. Beautiful raven haired latin girl with a wonderful name - Rosemarie.  A led to B and when I got my drivers license at 16 we dated.  Movies, music.  Her favorite song - Harbor Lights.  You remember these things.  Her Dad was in the Navy so she moved on.  

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=Harbour+Lights+Song+the+Classic&&mid=0A2C3C03C810E1D4B38C0A2C3C03C810E1D4B38C&&FORM=VRDGAR

Next "Pen-Pal" was also beautiful, blond with a Swedish heritage.  That correspondence lasted for 61 years and bore three children.  

My current pen-pal is a guy named Levent, just mailed him a package this morning.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:37 pm

Surprised Bob. Thanks for gift Very Happy
Levent Suberk