Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Cox_ba12

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 11:15 am

» need info on this
by lla Today at 10:30 am

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:26 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Empty
Live on Patrol

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas)

Go down

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Empty Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas)

Post  sosam117 Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:45 am

Placed a larger order from Ken Enya and also had him ship to me, engines that I purchased from Furusaki (Mokoken) which are two special made engines that they were selling.
Mokoken sold me the engines (I used Paypal) but I had to ship them to Ken as Mokoken would not ship them overseas because of the "air restrictions" on "used" engines.

These engines from Mokoken are converted glow engines to diesel engines.
What is done to the engines are, they make harder crankshafts and connecting rods to take the stress of the higher compression.
And, make a special head and contra piston to transform it into a diesel engine.
The one telltale sign is a Mokoken engine has the spinner on the threaded end of the crankshaft as the threads are "standard" 4mm ISO threads and not the old JIS standard threads.

Both are Enya 049-II engines but one has a Davis diesel conversion head which I think they tried to see what the performance was like with this diesel head?

Here is a link to Furusaki (Mokoken) website on the performance of the engine:
http://www.50products.com/diesel/remodel.htm

Next is a photo of the Enya 049-II from the website with the Davis Diesel head:
http://www.50products.com/diesel/d-enya049.htm

The Enya 049-II only got a 3 star rating for the Davis diesel head.

Here are the photos of the engines:

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) 007_sp10
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) 008_sp10
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) 009_sp10
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) 010_sp10
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) 011_sp10

Now on to the large order I placed with Ken.
10 big Enya boxes / 20 medium boxes / gaskets / wrenches and so on. (almost $2000 USD total)
To rebuild and recondition the Enyas back to like new condition.
All the items (parts) that could fit inside the empty boxes were shipped that way to save shipping cost.
What surprised me was an extra item that was not on my order?

Ken shipped to me an engine (Enya 049-II) on a stand with a plastic case.
As you see in the photos this is how I received the engine in my shipment. Even with the little sign "Made In Japan"

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Img_0243
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Img_0245
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Img_0244
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Img_0248
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Img_0247
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Img_0246

The engine crankshaft didn't turn, probably because of being displayed on the stand?
I took it off the stand. Then, I used a little heat and Turbine Oil and freed up the engine.

I emailed Ken ( Dec. 29th) and asked him about the engine that was included in the box?
I received a reply back from Ken (Jan. 16 - he was on Holiday) that this engine has been sitting on his desk for a long while and as it seemed that I like Enya engines, that he was willing to let me have this engine that he has had on his desk for years.

What I'm guessing is that this engine (with the plastic case) is from the late 1960's or early 1970's as in the 1970's all of the Enya engines were packaged in boxes and not plastic cases?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Empty Re: Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas)

Post  rsv1cox Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:33 pm

Interesting post Mike and eye candy for Enya guys like us. You could start your own museum or go into business selling Enya's with a history. I would never let Ken's desk engine go though. Quite a catch.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Empty Re: Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas)

Post  sosam117 Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:33 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Interesting post Mike and eye candy for Enya guys like us.  You could start your own museum or go into business selling Enya's with a history.  I would never let Ken's desk engine go though.  Quite a catch.  

I think it will be one of my most special Enya engines, even before the Enya 90-4C that Ken personally signed for me when I did a tour through the Enya manufacturing plant in Tokyo Japan (before they moved to where they are today)

I'll print out the email that I received and store it with that engine for providence (proof) that it was from Ken Enya's desk.
And that little Enya 049-II will defiantly be a keeper! As Chuck Heston said, " You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands!"

As for the Enya 90-4C:
I purchased the engine after the personal tour was over and watched the woman place the engine and everything else into the box.
I asked if I could purchase that engine as I was able to watch it being finally assembled into the storage (engine) box?
Ken said o.k.
So, I gave Ken my credit card and then asked him to sigh the box for me.
It's the largest Enya I have in my collection.

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Img_0249
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) 006_en18
Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) 010_en18

First time out of the box in more than 20years.
Funny thing how I got it home.
I wrapped it up in plastic (in the same bags our injectors are shipped in).
Stuffed it in with some injectors in the aluminum case I take back and forth from Cat in Pontiac,IL to Isuzu factory.
These injectors are "working masters" to verify our master match up to Isuzu's in Japan for discharge rates, lift and gap.

I had paperwork on the injectors to get them by customs. A quick flip, open the case, hand over the paperwork and the get waved on and the Enya 90-4C passed customs without a problem. (I kept it cool like it was just another inspection.) Also helps if you are dressed fairly nice and not in blue jeans and a Tee shirt.

I was fortunate enough that working for Caterpillar I was able to go over to Japan 4 times a year (for a week at a time) because of the contract my division (Fuel Systems) had with Isuzu.
We were supplying Isuzu our new fuel injectors for their "diesel" engine for their Isuzu Trooper (contract went for 5 years)
And when the original contract was over, we had a contract for 3 years for (core)parts.

I set up and asked for a tour of the Enya facility about two weeks before I knew I was going over to Japan.
My boss never let me know until two weeks in advance when I was going over to Japan.

My different Cat badges.
As I was the only ASQC certified Quality Engineer in the Pontiac Plant.
As far as I know, I was the only hourly employee that also had a company credit card (which expired in 2017)
And almost had the same access as the plant manage (just missing one badge in the group)

The badge with the square holes were for management.
The badge with the round holes were for the engineers.
And the badge without any holes was for hourly workers (to clock in/out)
And of course, the photo camera badge, so I can carry around the plant the company cell phone.
I blacked out the badge number for security reasons.

Large parts ordered from Ken Enya (before Christmas) Caterp10

It was a great job, but Cat management was pushing me to go from hourly to management.
Going management, no pay increase, more workload, do extra work for "comp." days to make up for sick days and you'll get the comp days "if" your boss approves.
Talked to some former hourly workers that went management ---- they told me not to do it if I could!
Management kept squeezing until I got fed up and told them I was retiring! Gave them 1 year notice (I retired one day before end of UAW contract).
My replacement was a "newbie" management kid I had to show him what I did for over 15 years in one month and I was taking two weeks off for vacation as Cat was not going to pay me for not using my vacation (like years ago). Either take the time off or
loose it!

One year after my retirement Cat asked me to come back as a "consultant" doing the same job I was doing when I retired, and they were going to pay me 1/3 less than what I was making working as a Cat employee.

Looking back, I've had a good life and made mostly good choices.
And have a hobby that I enjoy --- and can keep me busy.

sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down