Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust!  The Rebuild Begins... - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust!  The Rebuild Begins... - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 9:39 am

» Internet buy
by Ken Cook Today at 9:15 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 8:55 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:26 am

» Sherline lathe wont run
by getback Today at 7:15 am

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:43 am

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Mon May 13, 2024 8:49 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust!  The Rebuild Begins... - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust! The Rebuild Begins...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust!  The Rebuild Begins... - Page 2 Empty Re: Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust! The Rebuild Begins...

Post  Kim Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:30 pm

rsv1cox wrote:I'm glad to hear that some people still use old school Ambroid after the CA revolution of a few years back.

Happy to see that you still have flying weather.  Low 20's and snow here in WV today.  

Oh this wasn't today.  It got up to the low 30's and about 10+ kts over the hill as I type this.  I smacked Otto a couple years ago and decided to wait for 'building inspiration' rather than CA the pieces back together!

With a good frozen morning, I figured a warm shop was the place to be, and been here most of the day, working on my old Navigator flying boat, with Otto getting some side attention.

Yeah, I still laminate/carve stuff, and Ambroid lets me do that without a solid ridge of petrified balsa fighting me.

I DID get some flying with an R/C Quad this morning to see what the temps would do to it's lipo's.  Turns out, they last longer than me in the low 20's !

All right, a splash or two of Brodak Dope, and a few pieces of black Monokote, and we're in business! Even spun Otto a little hardwood wheel like those in the Scientific Kits.

Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust!  The Rebuild Begins... - Page 2 5_11

Did some gasket swapping in one of my old Black Widows and got it running pretty steady on a gray 5x3.

Monday Morning Blues...or...Big Otto Bites the Dust!  The Rebuild Begins... - Page 2 4_10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2