Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95! Cox_ba12

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Yesterday at 6:07 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by gkamysz Yesterday at 4:41 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 2:51 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 2:07 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 2:01 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95! Empty
Live on Patrol

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95!

Go down

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95! Empty Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95!

Post  Cox International Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 pm

We are offering for sale (while supplies last) OEM brand new Cox Icon Radio Transmitters (FM – 72 Mhz). See here:

http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=567&cat=1&page=1

Units include crystal, antennae and built-in charger jack but require 8x AA (rechargeable) batteries.

Minimum purchase is 3 units. Shipping to the USA for all 3 is $12.95 and you can buy as many units as you like (and any other merchandise on the same order) and the total shipping cost will not exceed $12.95 for the complete order. ($9.95 Canada / $19.95 International)

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95! Empty Re: Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95!

Post  nitroairplane Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:22 pm

Cox International wrote:We are offering for sale (while supplies last) OEM brand new Cox Icon Radio Transmitters (FM – 72 Mhz). See here:

http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=567&cat=1&page=1

Units include crystal, antennae and built-in charger jack but require 8x AA (rechargeable) batteries.

Minimum purchase is 3 units. Shipping to the USA for all 3 is $12.95 and you can buy as many units as you like (and any other merchandise on the same order) and the total shipping cost will not exceed $12.95 for the complete order. ($9.95 Canada / $19.95 International)

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

That is a great deal.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95! Empty Re: Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95!

Post  shell shock Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 am

ill relay this to some of my friends. ive been helping them get into rc planes. this might help them.
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:43 am

Does this have a throttle channel? What kind of RX?
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 am

shell shock wrote:ill relay this to some of my friends. ive been helping them get into rc planes. this might help them.

SS:

There are certain "complications" in going back to 72 mHz FM. Be aware of them before getting too excited about an inexpensive Tx.

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 am

I got one of these from Bernie about a year ago, and have been using it to steer my Sinbad/Thermic around the sky. It's a good, simple radio, with a two axis gimbal stick for rudder (or ailerons) and elevator, with a finger slide control on the back for throttle.

I've been using AA batteries and haven't used the charge jack. It does have a light scale instead of a meter to show the batteries charge status, but this has not caused a problem.

You will have to track down a receiver with matching crystal, airborne battery pack, and servos (I used the micro servos I also got from Bernie).

A pretty good deal.

Brand new Cox Icon 3-channel FM Radio Transmitters for $6.95! Sinbad10

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:01 am

Superdave,

Not sure what you mean. Since the inception of 72Mhz that is all I have personally used. That's all I fly these days still, mostly .46 - .60 aircraft.

Microflitedude,

Two years ago, when we bought the sets, the RX were lost in transit and we did not have any. We were packaging some of the sets with Berg RX, and still are.

However, last Sunday we stumbled on an eBay seller that was listing our RX. To make a long story short, we bought his remaining stock, and today, we will be putting up a listing for a TX/RX set for $29.95 complete with the required 7.2 battery.

The $6.95 TX listing was ended as we achieved the sales that we had targettted to reduce the surplus.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am

Most of my stuff is STILL on 72Mhz, and will be for some time. I've had the Sinbad WAY up high, where the main threat was my losing sight of it. The radio has never faltered.

The transmitter's case is shaped to fit your hand, and is an excellent first time set. You'll probably still be using it after you've gotten into the high-dollar sets.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

Kim wrote:Most of my stuff is STILL on 72Mhz, and will be for some time. I've had the Sinbad WAY up high, where the main threat was my losing sight of it. The radio has never faltered.

The transmitter's case is shaped to fit your hand, and is an excellent first time set. You'll probably still be using it after you've gotten into the high-dollar sets.

How are you finding the servos are the 6g?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:47 am

Microflightdude,

Yes, a stick for vertical and horizontal axis and a slider at the back for throttle.

Nitro,

I took one of the Cox servos apart when we first got them and they are of a surprisingly good quality. However, i would not use them on anything bigger than 1/2A. They are tiny and only have so much torque.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Yes, like any tiny servo, you'll want to limit their stress and use them in small planes (AND even then, be sure to check them after an "All-Points-Touch-Down"...AKA cartwheel landing).

But also remember that they can be used in applications in any size plane as a throttle servo, or to activate switches for lights and landing gear and such. I intend to extend the leads on one that I'm mounting up next to the Cox .15 on the powerpod of my 3 meter Bird of Time to give it throttle control.

Last edited by Kim on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Cox International wrote:Microflightdude,

Yes, a stick for vertical and horizontal axis and a slider at the back for throttle.

Nitro,

I took one of the Cox servos apart when we first got them and they are of a surprisingly good quality. However, i would not use them on anything bigger than 1/2A. They are tiny and only have so much torque.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

Ok i was considering buying them but then i found an ebay source where i can get 4 servos for £2.
And they are also decent quality.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Really? What's the item #?

Bernie
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Kim wrote:Yes, like any tiny servo, you'll want to limit their stress and use them in small planes (AND even then, be sure to check them after an "All-Points-Touch-Down"...AKA cartwheel landing).

But also remember that they can be used in applications in any size plane as a throttle servo, or to activate switches for lights and landing gear and such. I intend to extend the leads on one that I'm mounting up next to the Cox .15 on the powerpod of my 3 meter Bird of Time to give it throttle control.

Well with in reason i would not trust a little 6 gram servo to throttle a moki 400. lol!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Cox International wrote:Really? What's the item #?

Bernie
I dunno i'll try and find them now.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Cox International wrote:Really? What's the item #?

Bernie

here we go they are even less than i thought.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-SG90-Micro-9g-Servo-RC-Helicopter-Boat-Plane-Car-/160603549467?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2564b7af1b#ht_1705wt_942
they also do 5g and 3.7g.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Cox International wrote:

I've always viewed with some interest the decision process folks use when selecting components to use in their planes.

Many years ago, when I was new to this hobby, radio failure was a common and all too frequent occurrance and a lot of bench time was spent tuning and working on the electronics. Today, our Tx/Rx combos are rock solid and seldom are the cause of crashes --- unless the Rx has been thru several impacts.

We search for good engines, quality coverings, adhesives, dopes, batteries, etc. But, when it comes to servos, many of us seem to be price driven. Certainly, being weight conscious is important and Bernie mentioned torque as a consideration. For most of us flying smaller planes, if the linkages are free, there is no binding in the pushrod path and the hinges are free, servo torque in not really a limiting factor. We simply don't fly fast enough for our control surfaces to generate much resistance; it takes surprisingly little movement to get the plane to turn.

While pricing and weight is very appealing with the ultra-micro servos, I don't like the tiny ones for a single reason: The gear trains simply do not have sufficient strength to hold up under continued vibration, hanger rash and the occasional all-points-landing. Given that I've spent both dollars and hours (when scratch building) in a plane, my inclination is to use a heavier (and more expensive) servo. Most all of the other airborne components are low failure items; given that's the case, I don't want to have a single point of failure tied to a questionable servo. Generally, lose a servo, lose the plane.

The 6g to 9g servos are OK for foamys, but for my built-ups, I really prefer the 11 to 14g servos with either Karbonite or metal geartrains.

BTW, the stall torque listed in nitroairplane's add is incorrect for oz/in. 1.2 kg/cm is actually around 16.7 oz/in, not the 42.3 oz/in listed.

andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:46 pm

andrew wrote:
Cox International wrote:

I've always viewed with some interest the decision process folks use when selecting components to use in their planes.

Many years ago, when I was new to this hobby, radio failure was a common and all too frequent occurrance and a lot of bench time was spent tuning and working on the electronics. Today, our Tx/Rx combos are rock solid and seldom are the cause of crashes --- unless the Rx has been thru several impacts.

We search for good engines, quality coverings, adhesives, dopes, batteries, etc. But, when it comes to servos, many of us seem to be price driven. Certainly, being weight conscious is important and Bernie mentioned torque as a consideration. For most of us flying smaller planes, if the linkages are free, there is no binding in the pushrod path and the hinges are free, servo torque in not really a limiting factor. We simply don't fly fast enough for our control surfaces to generate much resistance; it takes surprisingly little movement to get the plane to turn.

While pricing and weight is very appealing with the ultra-micro servos, I don't like the tiny ones for a single reason: The gear trains simply do not have sufficient strength to hold up under continued vibration, hanger rash and the occasional all-points-landing. Given that I've spent both dollars and hours (when scratch building) in a plane, my inclination is to use a heavier (and more expensive) servo. Most all of the other airborne components are low failure items; given that's the case, I don't want to have a single point of failure tied to a questionable servo. Generally, lose a servo, lose the plane.

The 6g to 9g servos are OK for foamys, but for my built-ups, I really prefer the 11 to 14g servos with either Karbonite or metal geartrains.

BTW, the stall torque listed in nitroairplane's add is incorrect for oz/in. 1.2 kg/cm is actually around 16.7 oz/in, not the 42.3 oz/in listed.

A lot of my rc planes are self designed models.
I started in this hobby a long time back with FF models and even bow tend to build my rc models just like my ff models; floaty and slow and sometimes trimmed to do a circuit of the field.
Most of the planes are just ones that are more aside than control so just need to be gently nudged around and not forced.
So I use the lightest gear I think I can get away with and (touch wood)
Have never had any servo failures and the only radio failures were bot even the radios fault but mine for not recharging the battery.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:41 am

nitroairplane wrote:
I started in this hobby a long time back with FF models and even bow tend to build my rc models just like my ff models; floaty and slow and sometimes trimmed to do a circuit of the field.
Most of the planes are just ones that are more aside than control so just need to be gently nudged around and not forced.
Have never had any servo failures and the only radio failures were bot even the radios fault but mine for not recharging the battery.

I certainly can't fault that logic. There's a set of plans for a 40" span FF that I've been eyeing lately. If I widened the fuselage slightly, I could get a radio in it -- and would consider using the smaller servos. Flying would be just get to altitude, then putz around in the glide back. Realistically, the electrics have done much to remove the vibration damage the tiny servos are susceptible to.

In the area where I live, we don't have enough open space without trees to fly true FF without the good chance of losing or having a plane damaged, so adding R/E makes it feasible. However, I'm still more comfortable with a beefier gear trains in the faster planes.

andrew
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:25 am

andrew wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:

I certainly can't fault that logic. There's a set of plans for a 40" span FF that I've been eyeing lately. If I widened the fuselage slightly, I could get a radio in it -- and would consider using the smaller servos. Flying would be just get to altitude, then putz around in the glide back. Realistically, the electrics have done much to remove the vibration damage the tiny servos are susceptible to.

Thats why ebenezers are good Smile
In the area where I live, we don't have enough open space without trees to fly true FF without the good chance of losing or having a plane damaged, so adding R/E makes it feasible. However, I'm still more comfortable with a beefier gear trains in the faster planes.

andrew
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:36 am

Then Andrew you should build an ebenezer.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Yeah, those servos are really inexpensive. But then, 71 negative and neutral feedback out of 900 in one month.... not a seller I would buy from.

Bernie
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Yeah, an item I forgot to mention was the type of customer support I've gotten from Cox International. While it won't bring back a crashed plane, your overall treatment of your customers still, at least for me, is THE turning point.

AND...my Little Traveler I (Minnie Mambo) is STILL happily cruising around, guided by your little servos, in it's 3rd year of life !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Kim wrote:Yeah, an item I forgot to mention was the type of customer support I've gotten from Cox International. While it won't bring back a crashed plane, your overall treatment of your customers still, at least for me, is THE turning point.

AND...my Little Traveler I (Minnie Mambo) is STILL happily cruising around, guided by your little servos, in it's 3rd year of life !

Yeah I love cox international.
I think I ow Bernie something that I just remembered about.
About a year ago I bought a pee wee .020 spring from him am he sent me 2 I meant to tell you but forgot sorry Embarassed
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down