Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Finally a good video of a great pattern performance Cox_ba12

Finally a good video of a great pattern performance Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Finally a good video of a great pattern performance Empty
Live on Patrol

Finally a good video of a great pattern performance

Go down

Finally a good video of a great pattern performance Empty Finally a good video of a great pattern performance

Post  RknRusty Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F9u-vpeEyJE

Click Fullscreen and watch this dude. His wingovers are the best I've ever seen.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Finally a good video of a great pattern performance Empty Re: Finally a good video of a great pattern performance

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Wow,

Impressive! he is good. My Ringmaster would never do those stunts. Even in capable hands...... Wonder what he is flying with?

Somebody in the background is wringing the crap out of something.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Finally a good video of a great pattern performance Empty Re: Finally a good video of a great pattern performance

Post  Kim Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:59 am

THAT guy has logged some time !!! I've watched the Paducah guys do this casually, almost indifferently, while I've got every brain cell cranked up and straining !!!

I want so bad just to pull off a RECOGNIZABLE Clover Leaf !!!!!

Thanks for posting this Rusty !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 am

How do you get the electric ones to do a decent 4-2-4 ? Rolling Eyes
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:22 am

Kim, the cloverleaf was the hardest maneuver for me to learn. But, it really is one of the easiest when you understand what your doing. Inside, outside, outside, inside. Sounds easy, but it took me forever to learn how to do it. I would say what I just wrote prior to doing it and I would draw it in the air with my finger prior to flying it. I found the easiest and most effective way for me to learn the pattern was to hold my imaginary handle in the air and fly it in the living room. Using your entire arm and wrist depicting the movements you would be surprised how your mind can retain the arm and wrist movements. It's like playing air guitar but with a control line handle.

One main importance of the clover leaf is to give it breathing room. If the loops are too closely coupled it can be catastrophic due to the plane stalling and floundering all over. The loops need a little space to maintain speed and smoothness which keeps everything happy. I found that I would benefit from starting the first loop above 45 deg which makes it more elliptical but for learning purposes, it placed me high enough. The problem with doing a ellipse, is that it bleeds off speed as well. This however allowed enough separation from terra firma on the outside at the bottom. The biggest problem for me was that were used to drawing this on paper and our eyes want to see these shapes directly out in front of us. It truly doesn't need to be that way. Make the loops large and place them in the proper coordinates. Keep in mind that when you exit the 3rd outside your inverted. Instead of trying to fly that imaginary line out level, fly it at a slight angle upwards to give the last inside maneuver a bit more room between the ground. Many of us fly the last leg of the clover into a wingover pulling out level directly behind us. The maneuver ends at the top of the circle. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 am

Good show! Are those swallows flying "escourt"?

Yes, it would be interesting to know the plane/engine used.

SD
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:50 am

RknRusty wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F9u-vpeEyJE

Click Fullscreen and watch this dude. His wingovers are the best I've ever seen.

Seeing that dude is Igor Burger, a former national champion, and that is his 2008 (I might have the wrong year, hard to find the exact citation, no I wasn't there.) winning run I would expect the pattern to look pretty good.

Yes, there are horribly few high caliber performances of control line flying on youtube.

Phil

Last edited by pkrankow on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:51 am

pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:01 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:How do you get the electric ones to do a decent 4-2-4 ? Rolling Eyes

http://www.keithrenecle.co.za/Electric%20CL.htm

A smart governor. It ramps over RPM when rpm is dropped from load.

I looked into setting up a CL electric. Not trivial, especially for 1/2a, but pretty easy to build for electric in a larger plane. Modern electric components generally weigh LESS than IC equivalents, with the exception of the battery vs fuel. It is pretty hard to simply convert a 1/2a airplane from one to the other.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:01 pm

I found it! Rusty, when I saw your post this was the video I thought about, but no idea how to find it...when I went to check out the U/C flight simulator i noticed it saw off to the right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REYJbmNrRwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0VY6RnYPs
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:I found it! Rusty, when I saw your post this was the video I thought about, but no idea how to find it...when I went to check out the U/C flight simulator i noticed it saw off to the right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REYJbmNrRwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no0VY6RnYPs
Holy crap! That onboard cam video goes in my favorites. I want to put a camera on my plane like that. Great video.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum