Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting ! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting ! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 11:15 am

» need info on this
by lla Today at 10:30 am

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:26 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting ! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting !

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting !

Post  nitroairplane Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:16 pm

shell shock wrote:im not going to need luck for the compition (its all in fun) i need luck in waiting for canada post.... damn snail mail... why cant we email this stuff yet? lol!

We should have a forum mailman with a little plane to fly engine to their destinations hhhmmmm who has a light aircraft maybe a Piet?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting !

Post  Kim Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:44 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
shell shock wrote:im not going to need luck for the compition (its all in fun) i need luck in waiting for canada post.... damn snail mail... why cant we email this stuff yet? lol!

We should have a forum mailman with a little plane to fly engine to their destinations hhhmmmm who has a light aircraft maybe a Piet?

Well, if the Piet COULD jump all the "ponds" involved, and we WERE gonna use it to gather the engines...we'd have to postpone the Tach Race 'till 2014, and start collecting the engines TOMORROW !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting ! - Page 2 Empty Tune Up Tips and reference from Chris !

Post  Kim Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Here's a portion of the email I received from Chris, the previous Tach Race C.D. The 'group' he refers to is the .049 Collectors Group on Yahoo.

If some of this seems redundant please excuse it, but both sites are constantly getting new members, so the info may STILL be useful to some.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some files on hopping up the reed valve engine in the file section of the Group. I followed the directions on one of the articles in the 90's and had two very strong Mouse Racing engines from new, stock Golden Bee's in which my son was competitive.

The basics are a slight enlarging of the reed intake venturi on the backplate, raising the compression with a Tee Dee head, using Tee Dee piston/cylinder set, and use of a shim to get the cylinder shoulder to exactly meet the piston top when at the top of stroke. From there three thin head gaskets are usually OK to start with and then one can see by running the engine if it needs reduced or increased compression and adjust accordingly. Air leaks are handled by using a piece of silicone fuel tubing on the needle valve and a new gasket set, and there are better reeds than the old brass cross jobs guys either using the mylar or other metal ones (I can't remember the material).

Prop and fuel are the constant for the event so your testing can be done with the prop and fuel to be used and guessing as to the weather at time of test.

Sending one un-run would be pushing it, but several that were sent to me were only run once. I think if the engine was put together properly it would run fine.

I might send an engine, I think I have a Mouse with a busted crank I could repair, just to support the effort. Thanks for your accepting the CD mantle, Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Building a little beast. Very Happy
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:23 pm

[img][/i
 2012 COX PROXY TACH RACE 

January 7th
("Rain Date January 8th")

All engines to be received by Thursday, January 5th

Fuel used will be Powermaster 30 nitro/20 oil 50/50 castor synthetic or equivalent.
Prop for all classes: Cox ‘Competition’ gray 5”x3” supplied by COX INTERNATIONAL

Unlimited
Any combination of Cox parts, reed or rear rotor. Any porting, grinding, chopping, you think will work. Any head/glow plug or glowhead, RR-1 or Rear rotor type of rear inductionsystems are fine. NO front induction TD/Medallion crank/crankcase. NO Cyclon, VA, & Norvel stock or modified to reed induction. Intent is that these be Cox-based engines like the Black Widow, Sure-Start, Space Hopper, RR-1, Space Hopper, etc.

Mouse 1
Any AMA legal Cox rear reed, with tank. Except no Cyclon conversion. See AMA rules for more info.

Novice
Novice class open to any unaltered, stock 'Hobby' engine. This would include, but not limited to: Golden Bee, Babe Bee, Black Widow, Silver Bee, Sure Start, Space Bug, Etc.. Engines excluded would be a KillerBee or Venom or any modified engine with nonstandard components, for example if someone sends in a Black Widow with Tee Dee cylinder and/or Nelson head the engine would be moved to the Mouse 1 category.

Contest Director would have the final determination of class placement.

Contestants will send engines (Limit one engine per class) in a returnable box with return label filled out (no priority mail) plus adequate funds to cover
return shipping. Please send email to: flynkim@yahoo.com for mailing address.mg][table]
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 am

Since my engine does not have a tank and is not stock, looks like I will go into unlimited. Smile
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:28 am

Ladies and Gents,

I have been waiting to hear from someone how many of the 5x3 grey props are needed and where to send them.

Air mail from here to the USA takes 2 weeks at best and longer during the Christmas season. We are running out of time so, if you want the props, the ball is in your court lol!

Also, if I can get my overcompressed and overhyped engine to run properly, I will include it for the "unlimited" class. I finally did get it to run and it turned 22k+ on 25% nitro and a 5x3 prop but required an electric starter to get it going. Sometimes one can overdo mods I guess.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:48 am

Bernie maybe enough props for each engine to keep one lol!
How many gaskets have you got on the over compressed beast?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:55 am

Guys... I need a # lol as I am not psychic and cannot guess how many entries there will be. 20? 30? 40? 50?

4 GH gaskets in there. The 5-fin adapter with the insert really adds to the compression.

The issue is somewhere between the killer bee backplate and the SPI piston/cylinder assembly as well.

It's like 15 below zero here but on Saturady I'll fire up the patio heater and fiddle a bit.

Bernie
www.coxinternatinal.ca
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:57 am

Cool Bernie.
I am entering the novice class.
I always thought that a 5 fin adapter would give the best performance.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:23 pm

I am going to try and run my engine with the help of Mr. Rusty. It is nearly complete. Good thing it only takes 3 days to get to Kim's location via USPS. Very Happy

I seem to have lost an engine with my competition prop and spinner. Shocked
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 pm

microflitedude wrote:I am going to try and run my engine with the help of Mr. Rusty. It is nearly complete. Good thing it only takes 3 days to get to Kim's location via USPS. Very Happy

And my engine has become slightly hard to turn for some reason Huh...
But i will get that sorted in time for shipping.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:56 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
microflitedude wrote:I am going to try and run my engine with the help of Mr. Rusty. It is nearly complete. Good thing it only takes 3 days to get to Kim's location via USPS. Very Happy

Possibly you burred the cylinder? I have done it about three times before realizing not use wrenches in the exhaust ports.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:24 pm

I have never used a wrench on this engine and it was new when i got it.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Cox International wrote:Ladies and Gents,

I have been waiting to hear from someone how many of the 5x3 grey props are needed and where to send them.

Air mail from here to the USA takes 2 weeks at best and longer during the Christmas season. We are running out of time so, if you want the props, the ball is in your court lol!

Also, if I can get my overcompressed and overhyped engine to run properly, I will include it for the "unlimited" class. I finally did get it to run and it turned 22k+ on 25% nitro and a 5x3 prop but required an electric starter to get it going. Sometimes one can overdo mods I guess.

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

Sorry Bernie ! Guess Mark and I thought eaach other was covering this. For my purposes, I'd figure three would give spares for any problems that might occur. I'd be happy to include any complimentary props in the return package, but am not sure at all of what the total will be.

My count, so far is at about six engines confirmed, but I'm sure there will be more.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:27 pm

I ordered from Cox Int. last Thursday and got it this Tuesday! Laughing

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:35 pm

nitroairplane wrote:

If it's all new, you may have glazed it with varnish. New ones frequently get it while running full speed after break-in. De varnish it once and it's good to go... or so I read.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:45 am

Ok Kim,

Why don't I send 2 dozen props on Monday, together with my engine. There will be no need to return anything and you are free to auction off the engine and/or props when done and put the $$'s towards whatever you like, including your expenses.

I still need an address, however. We have a few "kim's" as customers but which one are you Huh...

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:15 pm

The one from Southwest Missouri? Very Happy
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:02 pm

microflitedude wrote:The one from Southwest Missouri? Very Happy
lol!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:38 pm

Cox International wrote:Ok Kim,

Why don't I send 2 dozen props on Monday, together with my engine. There will be no need to return anything and you are free to auction off the engine and/or props when done and put the $$'s towards whatever you like, including your expenses.

I still need an address, however. We have a few "kim's" as customers but which one are you Huh...

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca

Thanks Bernie !!

Appreciate this great contribution!

I'm Emailing my address to you now!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:40 am

I am in.
Novice class.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Tach Race 2012 New Announcement--12-9-11--Check First Posting ! - Page 2 Empty Re. "announcement"

Post  Cox International Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:24 am

I actually said I would donate the engine I was submitting for the race but, sure, I can donate an extra engine as well. Please pick an engine (any engine except the OEM Black Widow)) from our engine section located here:

http://coxengines.ca/home.php?cat=16

Let me know which one and I will include it as the official 1st. prize.

If you like, forum members can help you choose (as long as you let me know by Monday 12.12.2011/15:00 hrs Pacific time).

Bernie
www.coxinternational.ca
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 am

That is awfully kind of you Bernie.
I think Kim should chose the Killer bee 2 or green hornet.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 am

Thanks Bernie...I'd assumed that the donated engine would be the Novice Class prize, sorry if my wording confused the intent...reading and typing on the go can cause problems!

Since Nitro's is the only suggestion, I guess the Killer Bee 2 would be a good 1st for the Unlimited.

Thank you for the support of the Race!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next