Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

LilGeo and Scribbler Build Cox_ba12

LilGeo and Scribbler Build Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Today at 12:09 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 11:51 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

LilGeo and Scribbler Build Empty
Live on Patrol

LilGeo and Scribbler Build

Go down

LilGeo and Scribbler Build Empty LilGeo and Scribbler Build

Post  Godsey3.0 Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Howdy lads!

Having taken a head dive back into the hobby with completing and flying BHM Mongoose,I figured I'd keep up the momentum and build another! So, a few emails with Ray Stone later and a LilGeo kit is now being cut for me. Got a few engine options. Medallion will most likely going to be the main power plant. I intend to cover it and style it for a significant other. It is designed for reed power but he is making me one with beam mount capabilities. It'll be her plane, but I imagine I'll be the primary flyer. Later on I will over do it with power and see if I have a dizzy bone left in me! I'm thinking VA or a Stels Muahahahahahahaha Devil Devil Devil Devil Smile

Only problem, as I kept talking with Mr. Stone, I ended up deciding to purchase another kit. It isn't listed on his sight. It is called the Scribbler. It is a combat wing designed around the .020. He said his TD .020 hauled it with authority. Which is just what I had in mind for mine. Smile

Here is the Scribbler. Mr. Stone isn't very satisfied with the finish on this one. It apparently went through a lot of test flying.

LilGeo and Scribbler Build 020_co10

LilGeo and Scribbler Build 020_co11

And here is the LilGeo

LilGeo and Scribbler Build Redgeo2

It will be a few weeks yet before I get to building. He hand cuts each kit and since I will be getting two, it'll take a bit longer. That's okay. I just got four wisdom teeth pulled today and I will be down for a couple days.  Head Bang 

Rolla
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

LilGeo and Scribbler Build Empty Re: LilGeo and Scribbler Build

Post  Ken Cook Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Rolla, take care of those teeth. The pain can be pretty overwhelming over the next few days. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Mr. Cook,

Will do! One of the teeth had gotten extremely painful. It is what prompted me for removal in the first place. I was put on antibiotics and heavy duty ibuprofen (800mg). Over the course of a week whatever it was that was making it hurt and swell went away. Most likely an infection. Then I went and got the surgery today. The narcotic didn't mess with me like I thought it would. I was coherent afterwards. I remember all of it. My body just wasn't following all of my commands like they normally would. I could walk and that was mostly it.

I'll certainly be happy when this is all gone.

Rolla
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey Rolla, I was thinking about you just in the past day or so, hoping you were okay. I was thinking about how I kept telling you I'd never want to fly and certainly wouldn't consider building a 35 plane. Haha, now look at me, I'm hip deep in stunters and on a mission. Glad you dropped in, always enjoyed your company.
Take care.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Hey Rusty,

Yep! I remember those days! I was still a complete greenhorn myself back then! Although, I'm not much passed that now! Hahah I just keep going for faster and faster planes. This winter's scratchbuild will be a Voodoo and maybe a Demon.

Finding myself a girlfriend pulled me away from all of it for a bit. I slowly started to come back. Six months in and I'm starting to hit it hard again. RC and CL both. She really likes to see them fly. But is afraid to do it herself. I imagine she'll fly the Geo once and from there on it will be sporadic. A simple, electric glider is more up her alley. I'll get one together for her and explain all that is necessary to fly it.

Nice to be back,
Rolla
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey Rolla,

Welcome back and enjoy the builds!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Hey Ron,

Will do! I may actually squeeze in a scratch build while I wait for the kits! Not sure what I'll do quite yet. So many options...

Rolla
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:19 am

Yeah rolla ; why not get in on the reed speed contest ?? scratch build it is!! Welcome back also ... Getback Babe Bee .049  Babe Bee 
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 am

Godsey3.0 wrote:Hey Rusty,

Yep! I remember those days! I was still a complete greenhorn myself back then! Although, I'm not much passed that now! Hahah I just keep going for faster and faster planes. This winter's scratchbuild will be a Voodoo and maybe a Demon.

Finding myself a girlfriend pulled me away from all of it for a bit. I slowly started to come back. Six months in and I'm starting to hit it hard again. RC and CL both. She really likes to see them fly. But is afraid to do it herself. I imagine she'll fly the Geo once and from there on it will be sporadic. A simple, electric glider is more up her alley. I'll get one together for her and explain all that is necessary to fly it.

Nice to be back,
Rolla

Build a basher, well, not FOR her, but for anybody to try. I suggest a coroplast wing like the man-win on the balsa beavers website.
http://www.balsabeavers.com/information/information.php
I can tell you that flying over grass it can take literally being driven into the ground hundreds of times without more than a prop replacement. Using a Cox rubber ducky prop helps on that too. Once she can fly circles with the wing move her up to something better.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:26 am

Hey Gents,

The reed speed does sound interesting! I'll have to look through the thread a bit.

Chances are, for control line, I will start her off on what I started with. My terribly built Lil' Wizard. I bought it at a swap meet for the engine that was on it. And I decided to go ahead and try and fly it. Turned out to be an excellent investment! Plane is crooked as all get out. But it still lumbers through the air! After this I can outfit her with my 1/2a Skyray. I learned a lot of moves with that little craft.

Rolla
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Well, looks like I'm going to have to wait on the Scribbler. Insurance isn't covering as much of the surgery as it was supposed to. The LilGeo is still on, though. It is already paid for and being cut out.

I have, however decided on my scratch build. I'm finally going to slap me together a Clancy Aviation Yard Bee. Power will be some type of Bee. Not sure which. Dragonfly, RC Bee or Golden Bee will be the options. Should be a slow, small field flyer. Very Happy

I already have the wood for it. So, I just need to figure out Adobe a bit better and I can take off with printing and building!

LilGeo and Scribbler Build Yard_bee
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:19 am

Hey Guys!

Just posting to let you all know the LilGeo kit is finally in the mail. I also haven't been able to start on the Yard Bee. I've been running a few diesels I just go. One being a Maloney 1.25. Huge ol' gasser converted to diesel! Still relatively quiet without a muffler. Has a 15*8 Dynathrust propeller. Really puts out some serious air.

As soon as the kit gets in I will post pictures of the contents and each build stage.

Rolla
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down