Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My Almost New OS10FP Cox_ba12

My Almost New OS10FP Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My Almost New OS10FP Empty
Live on Patrol

My Almost New OS10FP

Go down

Happy My Almost New OS10FP

Post  getback Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:08 pm

UPS has delivered me a pretty OS15FP engine with out messing it up (took TWO of them) anyway looks like a keeper all oiled up with very good comp.     My Almost New OS10FP Os_15f10  My Almost New OS10FP Os_15f11   My Almost New OS10FP Os_15f12 I like that spinner ! Rudolph Rudolph  Got the Box too YEAH !! $34.50 SHIPPED eRiC Beer Cheers

Last edited by getback on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong engine 10 not 15FP)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: My Almost New OS10FP

Post  Ken Cook Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Eric, the control line venturi is available still for that engine. Tower Hobbies still sells the needle and the venturi plus the o-ring. We use them exclusively for .15 combat. Were usually getting some good rpm numbers. Fun little engines. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:58 pm

I got given a 10FP CL version a while back. It looked really good but was missing the prop driver, washer & nut which I got new from OS. Also got a gasket & screw set. It didn't have a muffler but I had an unused one off an old Thunder Tiger .15 which was identical. For some reason it doesn't seem to have much compression after I had fitted the gaskets, although seemed ok before. Won't even fire. Figured it should be a good engine but don't know what happened. I haven't dealt much with ABC schner.... schnue.... (whatever) engines before.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Rod, the C/L version is a very desired version. The needle valve assembly is no longer available and is probably one of the most desired assemblies in the C/L community. Don't break it. Did you take the FP.10 apart? If so, there's a hole in the piston and this piston can be put in backwards. The FP .10 is a very good engine. That muffler is really no good for control line use as it suffers the same fate from all OS mufflers. Exit hole is too small followed by the useless guts internally that add weight and restrict the exhaust even further. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:15 pm

OS .15FP is an excellent and easy to start and run engine. I've got the "S" or CL/FF standard version. Only caveate as Ken says is its weighty muffler for an already weighty engine. 8x6 and 7x6 props work fine on the beast, it is a nice consistent running engine.

It is an overkill for my 30" span 200 sq. in. Ringmaster Jr. It would be more suited to a plane that uses a .19 to .25 engine. Don't know why this class of planes with say 300 sq. in. are harder to find.

OS .10FP-S or .10LA-S would be more suited to the Ringmaster Jr. and a whole slew of planes such as Midwest 33" span CL combat/stunt profile WW2 birds. Only thing is these are harder to find. A Tee Dee or Medallion .09, Norvel .074 would probably work well, too, plus they are light weight.

I dunno, it will probably be a while before I get any of the aforementioned .10's, .09's or .074 as I've got enough engines already.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:17 pm

DAMMIT!  Man I put the wrong size engine up there I think some of you seen that , but its a os10fp not 15 I don't even think I own one of those lol! Yet Very Happy  But now I have two not just one   My Almost New OS10FP Wp_20144  sorry for the shlitt pic . and the mistake . Like George I don't need anymore right now Huh...   Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Actually, it looks more like you have one .10FP and one .10FSR... Wink
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Actually, it looks more like you have one .10FP and one .10FSR... Wink

.10FSR came before the .10FP. Wasn't the FSR a Schneurle that used a Mehanite iron piston in a steel sleeve? Heard good reports about the FSR although I have never owned one.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes, the FSR (iron/steel construction) came before the FP (ABN construction) and they are very nice engines too. The muffler is lighter on the FSR compared to the FP, as the FP one has a baffle etc. So the FSR is about 1/2oz lighter in total, in spite of its older construction.

I have raised the compression a little on my FSR and it will spin an APC 7x4 at around 15300rpm on 10% nitro. The FP is a little stronger though, giving an extra 500rpm on the same prop, but these can also peel their liner coatings if they are pushed...

The .10FSR is from the era when OS stood out a little from the rest, both in terms of quality and ease of use etc. The piston to liner fit of a new FSR is second to none and they are very easy to run in.

When OS introduced the FP they seem to have taken short-cuts and they are now a little overpriced, in my opinion. The marketing of their nickel coated engines as ABC, and then later "ABC-technology" speaks for itself. OS alone created a need for the term "true-ABC" when describing other engines...
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks Surfer_kris for the clarification on the OS FSR series. Sounds like they are among the most suitable for small RC and for CL use.

Yes, I haven't been too impressed with OS as time progressed. Their latest the LA may have a following among the CL crowd, but their use of ABN, plastic backplates even though in the initial painted metallic blue just didn't impress me.

The fit and finish of my 1965 design OS Max .15R/C and .10R/C are exceptional. This helped me to understand why OS gained a foothold in the market. They were light weight but had decent power compared with the earlier technology engines being produced by others.

I was favorable toward OS until I tried Enya. Wow, even though cross scavenged, when propped right, these engines compare well with the small sport Schneurle plain bearing engines.

I might find room for an FSR in my stable for one of the smaller combat/stunt kits I've got.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum