Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Engines Quarterly Cox_ba12

Cox Engines Quarterly Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Admin Today at 5:50 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Engines Quarterly Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Engines Quarterly

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly Empty Cox Engines Quarterly

Post  Cox International Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:10 am

Is anyone still interested in this publication?

It is comprised mainly of customer submissions but, in the absence of such, we have nothing to publish.

Over the last couple of months we have requested submissions but, to date, have not received a single one.

If no one is interested we could shelve the project but, judging by our over 3,000 subscribers, we would think there would be some interest lol.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly Empty Re: Cox Engines Quarterly

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 pm

If I could write worth a crap I would be happy to provide a submission. Couple that with free time to write.

Summer months are tough to find those heavily invested in the hobby with enough free time to provide submissions.

Perhaps, just scaling it back a little during lean times would help? Maybe just some info on new products, health of the company, future projects etc. would allow the newsletter to still be provided during spring and summer. Fall and winter it should pick up with events that happened during the summer.

Maybe instead of quarterly it could be Bi-annual?

Just my thoughts.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Right now it's just about bi-annual Ron.

We don't want it to be an advertising trumpet for us and, when we sign up people that phone us, that is the pledge we make; hence the vast majority of the content should come from others.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:04 pm

How about converting the publication into a kind of a "blog"?

People would submit their stories and pictures and you would edit and lay them out into a magazine-style web publication? That way you would not have to wait to get enough pages to publish a "traditional" newsletter.

And of course you could advertise the updated here.

Take a look at garagejournal.com, that guy does what I am talking about and after each article there is a lot of discussion about it on the forum.

Just a thought Two Cents
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:42 pm

The reason this may not work is that there already is this forum and, out of the 3,000 subscribers, perhaps only 100 or so are on this forum, even though we promote it in our newsletter.

There is not that much incentive for our customers to subscribe to and check into a blog on an ongoing basis. The way it is now, it's a bit of "push" technology. Once subscribed, one keeps getting a newsletter until unsubscribed. Although we don't really advertise in the publication, our sales do spike after we email out the thing.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:58 pm

I have posted so far at least 2 "stories" in the Quarterly, and am shy to submit new posts because I have realized my relation to "COX" as a symbol of enterpreneurial and engineering perfection, and idol of modeling, (with myself coming from a historically different world) , will make me write only pamphlets utterly boring for the rest of subscribers.

Nevertheless I would love to read accounts of former COX employees about the golden era of COX in the 1960-1970 period, and I am certainly not the only one in this regards. It was 40-50 years ago, but many of them may hopefully still be around?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 pm

I wish I could come up with content for you. I enjoy reading the newsletters you send out. I know Kim always has something to write about. Rusty often submits something. Maybe one of our guys who were working on .049 generators may want to share about it in the newsletter. Snoop around the forum, if you see something that you think would be interesting to feature in your newsletter, ask and see if they would be interested. Like you said, since not everyone who subscribes is a member on the forum, it would be new to them.

We have a member who claims to be a relative of Leroy. A few other members who's parents worked at the factory. I can try to look up their accounts if anyone is interested in contacting them about possibly doing a story.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Anything is appreciated Smile
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Admin wrote:....................We have a member who claims to be a relative of Leroy. A few other members who's parents worked at the factory. I can try to look up their accounts if anyone is interested in contacting them about possibly doing a story.

I would be very much interested in reading stories from them, providing someone can encourage them to send in submissions.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Member rbtcox (Robert Cox) is Roy's great nephew. https://www.coxengineforum.com/t3094-to-the-admin
and recent member hingeman's mother worked for Cox. https://www.coxengineforum.com/t8139-tribute-to-mom-cox-employee-in-the-early-sixties

There could be others too, I'll try to dig. Another great wealth of Cox history and info is Mudhen and warrenlead (Warren Leadbeatter).

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm happy to contribute and would like to see Cox International's efforts appreciated. I've already forwarded my article I wrote following a request I had about engine cleaning after I posted pictures of my DC and Spitfire engines here. Come on guys, I'm sure someone (like Rusty) can come up with a few decent stories.

Rod
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Sorry Bernie, I missed your most recent call for the next issue's articles. I've stashed away a couple of "Notes to self" about possible subjects that I can fertilize. I've been on vacation for a week and won't return home for another week, so I don't have my notes and computer at hand. If your deadline allows, I will get a story together during the first week of July.

Unfortunately for your CEQ newsletter, I have taken a hobby tangent away from 1/2A and into competitive stunt, so I don't have as many daily experiences to draw from. But if you need a story and can wait a couple of weeks from now, I'll get one written. I wish I could remember what my bright ideas that I noted to myself were about. I'd formulate it while standing at the edge of the Atlantic with my fishing rod. Meanwhile I'll try to think up something else fresh, entertaining and hopefully a little funny. I don't want to see the newsletter die off due to lack of input.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:15 pm

I always look forward to the CEQ. Hope it continues.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:58 am

As far as I can remember I signed up for the newsletter but never received one. My fault, I should have re-submitted (which I will do now).

George  

Update: Signed up and received the latest copy. Is there any way to download previous copies?

Thanks George...you answered that question! Very Happy

Last edited by gcb on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:33 am

gcb wrote:As far as I can remember I signed up for the newsletter but never received one. My fault, I should have re-submitted (which I will do now). George

George, here are all the issues available for download:  Cool

Issue 5 Nov 2014: http://www.coxengines.ca/files/newsletter5.pdf

Issue 4 May 2014: http://www.coxengines.ca/files/newsletter4.pdf

Issue 3 Sep 2013: http://www.coxengines.ca/files/newsletter3.pdf

Issue 2 Feb 2013: http://www.coxengines.ca/files/newsletter2.pdf

Issue 1 Nov 2012: http://www.coxengines.ca/files/newsletter1.pdf
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:33 am

I also like the CEQ and hope to get off my butt and submit something some day.

I know, kind squishy, but each time Bernie calls for something; Rusty or others have already covered most all the subjects I was trying to think about
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:57 am

Cox International wrote:Anything is appreciated Smile

Bernie, I think it just may be a matter of awareness. You might get a good response if a call for articles was made 30 days prior to your need-to-start-editing date in the CL and 1/2-A RC sections of forums (Stunt Hangar, Brotherhood of the Ring, Stuka Stunt, here, RC Groups, RC Universe, Hip Pocket Aeronautics, Yahoo Groups 1/2A Engine Collectors & Vintage RC Society, etc.). Reply with a reminder 1 week prior.

This would also help to indirectly get the word out that Cox engine supplies and support are still available through your company.

Your newsletter makes for good reads and I think it is a worthy publication. This is especially in light of the declining popularity of model aircaft magazines in general, which used to carry 1/2-A engine articles and aircraft. Thing is, one can save your publication to hard disk for reading and ready reference. Those who care can print them out and put them in a binder for reference, too.

So, all in all, I think your publication on a semi-annual basis is a worthy effort and should not be discontinued.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly Empty I have an idea....

Post  VUgearhead Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:12 am

but am in no way qualified or knowledgeable enough to do it. So here it is.....

There are apparently several annual events related to 1/2A, whether they be C/L or RC. Some are fun, some are competitive.

Would someone be interested in compiling a list of the known events, with dates, locations and contact info to be published in the newsletter?

I would love to know enough about some of these events far enough ahead of time to maybe plan on attending (even if only to be a spectator), but  never seem to
hear/know about them early enough.

Not only would that be helpful to readers, but then maybe participants could provide quick write-ups of the events after they occur (more submittal material).

anyho, just my  Two Cents
VUgearhead
VUgearhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:07 am

Oldenginerod wrote:I'm happy to contribute and would like to see Cox International's efforts appreciated.  I've already forwarded my article I wrote following a request I had about engine cleaning after I posted pictures of my DC and Spitfire engines here.   Come on guys, I'm sure someone (like Rusty) can come up with a few decent stories.

Rod

Thanks so much Rod and it will be published Smile
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:08 am

RknRusty wrote:Sorry Bernie, I missed your most recent call for the next issue's articles. I've stashed away a couple of "Notes to self" about possible subjects that I can fertilize. I've been on vacation for a week and won't return home for another week, so I don't have my notes and computer at hand. If your deadline allows, I will get a story together during the first week of July.

Unfortunately for your CEQ newsletter, I have taken a hobby tangent away from 1/2A and into competitive stunt, so I don't have as many daily experiences to draw from. But if you need a story and can wait a couple of weeks from now, I'll get one written. I wish I could remember what my bright ideas that I noted to myself were about. I'd formulate it while standing at the edge of the Atlantic with my fishing rod. Meanwhile I'll try to think up something else fresh, entertaining and hopefully a little funny. I don't want to see the newsletter die off due to lack of input.
Rusty

Works for us Rusty Smile If we get plenty of submissions before then, we will use yours for the next edition.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:09 am

gcb wrote:As far as I can remember I signed up for the newsletter but never received one. My fault, I should have re-submitted (which I will do now).

George  

Update: Signed up and received the latest copy. Is there any way to download previous copies?

Thanks George...you answered that question! Very Happy  

You only need to sign up once but, if that happened in the last 6 months, you would not have automatically received one, as it's been 6 months since the last one lol.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:11 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:
Cox International wrote:Anything is appreciated Smile

Bernie, I think it just may be a matter of awareness. You might get a good response if a call for articles was made 30 days prior to your need-to-start-editing date in the CL and 1/2-A RC sections of forums (Stunt Hangar, Brotherhood of the Ring, Stuka Stunt, here, RC Groups, RC Universe, Hip Pocket Aeronautics, Yahoo Groups 1/2A Engine Collectors & Vintage RC Society, etc.). Reply with a reminder 1 week prior.

This would also help to indirectly get the word out that Cox engine supplies and support are still available through your company.

Your newsletter makes for good reads and I think it is a worthy publication. This is especially in light of the declining popularity of model aircaft magazines in general, which used to carry 1/2-A engine articles and aircraft. Thing is, one can save your publication to hard disk for reading and ready reference. Those who care can print them out and put them in a binder for reference, too.

So, all in all, I think your publication on a semi-annual basis is a worthy effort and should not be discontinued.

Definitely a good idea but cringe a bit at the thought of managing and maintaining all these blogs Affraid or WOW!
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:13 am

VUgearhead wrote:but am in no way qualified or knowledgeable enough to do it. So here it is.....

There are apparently several annual events related to 1/2A, whether they be C/L or RC. Some are fun, some are competitive.

Would someone be interested in compiling a list of the known events, with dates, locations and contact info to be published in the newsletter?

I would love to know enough about some of these events far enough ahead of time to maybe plan on attending (even if only to be a spectator), but  never seem to
hear/know about them early enough.

Not only would that be helpful to readers, but then maybe participants could provide quick write-ups of the events after they occur (more submittal material).

anyho, just my  Two Cents

We second that motion Clapping
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 am

sounds like something i need to sign up for. do i sign up through cox int?
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:23 am

rogermharris wrote:sounds like something i need to sign up for.  do i sign up through cox int?

At www.coxengines.com at the bottom left of the page.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next