Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How's the weather? - Page 30 Cox_ba12

How's the weather? - Page 30 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 10:59 am

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by roddie Today at 10:54 am

» How's the weather?
by rsv1cox Today at 10:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 8:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How's the weather? - Page 30 Empty
Live on Patrol

How's the weather?

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

How's the weather? - Page 30 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Kim Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:50 am

After some time without any real rain, this past week's multiple storm systems sweeping across the hill have awakened the yard big time...you can almost hear the grass growing now.

Been spoiled in relaxation for a while, now gonna have to coax the old lawn mower to life as soon as the turf drys a bit.

How's the weather? - Page 30 Weathe11
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:20 am

Here, it's hot, very very hot! I hate heat. It again is going to be hovering around the 100 mark again today, as was most days for the past couple of weeks and very very little rain. We got a few drops last Saturday night, but enough that you could count. Grass is browning up very nicely... On teh flip side, the heat is sparking major forest fires here. Not so much at home, but at the area around the cottage. Fires have been fully banned out there since 9:00 AM July 2. Just talked to my parents there and they said now in the mornings the truck and boat are coverd/have many ashes on them from the fires just north and northeast from there. Firewatch helicopters are steadily flying around up there. But the fires are about 25 miles away.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:17 pm

I live across the river from Kim, and while we have had some rain, the storms that swept across SE Missouri made it here, too. At least I'm not mowing more than once a week.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:43 pm

Just an update to say that the weather purly sucks here still. Still insanely hot and humid, very little to no rain, 1/2" in over the past month! Forest fires have been terrible. I have not seen a skyline clearly since before June 25th without smoke in the air. The past week daily temperatures have been around 86 and with the humidity around 102! Need I say fat guys around here cant take this stuff well..... Very Happy
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Time to refresh this. How is the weather? It sucks! The past 2 days of snow and blowing snow, near zero visibility to and from work, icy highways, winds steady at about 20 mph with gusts to approximately 38 mph. Days are somewhat decent, but evenings and nighttimes dipping down close to -40 F with the windchill! When is springtime coming?????

How's the weather? - Page 30 Captur14
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:17 pm

The numbers shown above are just the temperature without the windchill added.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:21 am

Just saw on TV that Wyoming will see temperatures drop to minus 40 Celsius ..I kind of envy that in a bizarre way, lack of real winter in Central Europe for the past 20 years makes December through April very boring, with temperatures in a limbo below and above zero, no snow just sleet and freezing rain..

I want to skip these ugly months and see April/May coming..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:38 am

Ha! Much of the east coast of the US is seeing record high tempertures.

Yesterday I got out the Husqvanrna and cut up the dead tree logs then loaded them into the tractors bucket and deposited them on the burn pile. Talking about a record high here also on New Years day. I figure every day that we can cheat up to a record high is a good day. January/February being our coldest months.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:51 am

I am with Bob 70F to 75 days nites 61 or so some rain mite bee coming later this week Rudolph WOW New222 what a change since June least there is no smoke in the air .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:27 am

Yes Eric, that is correct. Hopefully the new year will not repeat last summer.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:57 pm

Im in South Oz and we are mostly in the upper 30s each day (just under your 100) for the moment, but Perth had 45 the other day which is 113F, and that will come over this way. Summer has only just got going so might be a hot one. But as for some of yourselves, at least so far this year there is no smoke in our air either! Cos man, when it burns here, it burns with a vengeance.

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:34 pm

Yabby wrote:Im in South Oz and we are mostly in the upper 30s each day (just under your 100) for the moment, but Perth had 45 the other day which is 113F, and that will come over this way. Summer has only just got going so might be a hot one. But as for some of yourselves, at least so far this year there is no smoke in our air either! Cos man, when it burns here, it burns with a vengeance.

Yabby

For sure, no smoke is always good around here. After all the rain the bush is pretty green, but it will only take a week of hot weather to dry it out all crispy again.
Yabby, we always keep an eye on you guys and know that if you're hot, we will cop it in a couple of days. They're talking 38 degrees C for New Year's Eve here. I don't like the heat, but I really don't know how our northern hemisphere friends cope with being buried under snow and so cold that you can't go outside. Our nearest snow is an hours drive away. (Not right now of course). I'm happy to keep it that way. Cold
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:48 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:I don't like the heat, but I really don't know how our northern hemisphere friends cope with being buried under snow and so cold that you can't go outside.

Firstly, we can and do go outside, but usually briefly at that. Kinda froze my ears pumping gas today after work on the way home. Still very red. Lol. But if you are or would be so inclined, you are more than welcome to come here to visit anytime you wish should you want to try it out. Very Happy But personally, I could very well do without the weather we have here in exchange for the critters you have down there. Although with that said, I can guarantee my final words would be very quick as I would be saying isn't that spider or snake cute as I pick it up...... I love all of natures critters.

NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:12 pm

NEW222 wrote:....I can guarantee my final words would be very quick as I would be saying isn't that spider or snake cute as I pick it up...... I love all of natures critters.
The small critters will sting you, often fatally.  The bigger critters will just eat you. lol! We have no Crocs this far south, and the sharks are welcome to the ocean- I'm stayin' out of there.
Currently overrun with spiders here due to the way the weather has happened.  Mostly harmless but there are heaps of Red Backs (Black Widows) lurking in the shaddows. Great care must be taken when lifting up old timber or roofing iron in the garden or workshop.  You'll often find snakes hiding in similar spots. All our local snakes are venomous and most deadly.  We don't get any of the harmless types like Pythons like we get in the tropics up north.

Always good to be vigilant in hot weather as most are agressive in the heat.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:36 am

Yep, oldenginerod itll be over your way soon. 37 today at 4pm in Port Broughton. 39 tomorrow but I reckon from the look of the sky at the moment we will crack 42 tomorrow. Ill be out fishing in the boat in time to watch the sun rise over the ranges :-) and be back in by 10:00 am with a big feed of blue swimmer crabs and squid to cook up for new years eve :-) I genuinely cannot understand people who can live in places where it gets below freezing. infact I dont like it when it gets below 10C Lol. But Im sure its lots to do with what your brought up with and the local culture adjusts to it.

As far as nasty things killing people in Australia, I really think its is overdone in many cases. I have spent a lot of time in far north queensland and I must say the saltwater crocs there and in far north WA and far north NT are bloody deadly serious. They kill people and do so regularly and are everywhere. Ive watched a 16 foot salty strolling around on the beach in Darwins main tourist beach. some of the jelly fish up north are insanely dangerous, Irukandji jellyfish are only about a square centimeter with very very long tentacles covered in poison barbs. You have 20 - 30 minutes to get to hospital and be artifically ventillated or bye bye. The australian box jellyfish found in all Oz northern waters during the dry season sometime kills people before they can get back to the beach from the water. in 2010 a young girl became the first person to survive being stung by an australian box jelly fish. The thing is they basically sting you with a neuro toxin that stops your heart and respiratory system. Lots of the other bad things though arent quite as bad although they can certainly kill you but you have to be pretty dumb to get bitten badly enough by most snakes, spiders and stuff. Yes, they are in suburban backyards but we all know where to sort of be careful and expect them and also they have antivenom at the hospitals for most of them.

white pointer sharks are different. I have seen one from my 16 foot fishing boat that bashed the side of my boat. Twice bashed it by coming up underneath it and then started biting and attacking my outboard motor. I pulled up the anchor and whilst doing so it was biting my outboard motor and its tail was infront of the boat. That is a very very big shark and they are not just long their girth is that of an average family car. No, I didnt take photos!!! I was very busy getting the hell out of there. Lol.

Now, in the USA and Canada you have Bears, black and brown, that is bloody deadly dangerous, some dangerous snakes, Bloody mountain Lions!!! Black Panthas??? Wolves which are bloody dangerous, mooses which I dont know much about but they are very big like a camel in Oz which is problematic when you drive into them. Snapping turtles, I think you also have bull sharks as we do, Polar bears but not sure if that is still in Canada, you have gators which I think of like our johnson crocs, you dont be dumb around them but they wont kill you. Look, Im pretty ignorant about the states even though I work for Lockheed Martin in a cross pond project team.

I think there is more stuff in Oz that will and can kill you, but you know what, it doesnt really happen much. The USA stuff scares me a lot more than ours! We are probably all the same, when USA dudes come over here to work on programs they are [bleep] scared everything will kill them and these things are hiding everywhere. But soon learn its not true. Lol. Whereas the thought of the going to the USA where everyone in carrying terrifies me more than anything else. I havent grown up with it, Ive heard all the arguments but I cant help it. If I am honest that is what scares me the most about if I had to go to the USA. Now to qualify that, my missus went as a carer at her expense for a boy who was invited to do the "Dream Ride" which is this amazing charity thing they do in the USA, I think southern, not sure, but anyway, she fell in love with the states, loved the people, their generosity, want to show these intellectually disabled kidis from OZ the time of their lives. She just couldnt say enough good things about her time there and the people.

So there we go, ignorance, the most dangerous thing of everything listed above. :-)

yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:47 am

Central Texas has been warm mostly mid 70s to low 80s most of December, But we get two or three days starting Friday when a deep into the south cold front moves in dropping us to 25F for two nights then stair step up over next week back to high 60s low 40s for first few weeks of new year

getting fire place ready
Fred
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:59 pm

Well it's not looking good for the people of Colorado. Pretty destructive wildfires. I suspect that the timing of the fires is pretty unusual. I would have expected snow about now, not fires.
Hope all members are safe and well.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:47 am

Well it is here!
Pretty much as the weather guy said it would... the joke being that the WX Guy is rarely correct as relates to central Texas WX

Yesterday 1 Jan 2022 was a nice sunny 84 degree F day until sunset, then the norther blew in with a vengeance. Woke at 5 AM to 26F and now I see 24.5F out here in the SHOP at 6:40 AM...Brrrrrr!

Thankfully only predicted to be in low 20s for three nights then back up to 60s High and low 40s all next week

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:34 pm

Well, it is shaping up to be a bit brisk tonight here. Looking at -33F without the windchill, and just shy of -51 F with the windchill and this will be lasting till morning. Hopefully this will be the one time we hit -50 F this year. Gonna be a cool drive in to work in the morning......

All numbers above the 'Extreme Cold Warning' red banner is in farenheit, and all the numbers below the banner are in celcius. Do not know why they don't all switch over, but wish they did.

How's the weather? - Page 30 W113
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:02 pm

29º C and really humid today. Just had about an inch of heavy rain in twenty minutes followed by a big old rumbling thunder storm. Not too much gap between the flash and the rumble, so it got pretty close to us. I love thunder storms. They put us into perspective somehow.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 30 Empty New England/RI 01/06/2022

Post  roddie Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:12 pm

STORM's A-COMIN'................... SNOW.. 1.5"/Hr. tomorrow morning at the height of the work commute. Only the highway-workers and essential persons should be allowed egress to the hi-way infrastructure. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:43 am

Six inches of the white fluffy stuff last night.  Clear this morning.  Already seeing deer tracks in the snow.  Seventy years ago I would gathering up my .22 and out looking for rabbits.  Kinda pretty but my Nikon doesn't take the picture that my Olympus does out of service due to a defective card reader.  

How's the weather? - Page 30 Dscn1424
How's the weather? - Page 30 Dscn1425
How's the weather? - Page 30 Dscn1510

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:25 am

Got a brisk 10° or 14° (depending on which remote thermometer you choose to believe) here in S.E. Missouri.

Just enough snow yesterday morning to make the roads slick, with a brilliant, ice-cold sunset at the end of the day.

Now, a bright morning, with temps that cause your vehicle to emit weird sounds and creaks you only hear from cold-soaked machines.

I'm tempted to send the Mavic Drone out to sample the winter's beauty, but so far haven't knocked down enough coffee to convince me to try.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:38 am

I think down here a bit of snow with this bitter cold would make this a schosce more tolerable

Kim....get that drone up ...winter beauty is a thing I miss down here

RSV1...love your winter scape
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:11 am

fredvon4 wrote:I think down here a bit of snow with this bitter cold would make this a schosce more tolerable

Kim....get that drone up ...winter beauty is a thing I miss down here

RSV1...love your winter scape

Will do Fred!
Putting on my wool socks right now.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next