Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How's the weather? Cox_ba12

How's the weather? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How's the weather? Empty
Live on Patrol

How's the weather?

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

How's the weather? Empty How's the weather?

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:18 am

How's the weather where you are?
Here it got to 100°F today and forecast 103° tomorrow.   Hot Currently 83° at 11pm.  Spent all day fixing hot cars.
It's funny how I read about you folks bunkering down for the cold weather while we start to swealter.  First real hot spell for the summer and it's pretty early this year.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Kim Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:08 am

Getting back to some 'legitimate winter weather' here in Southeast Missouri: nights hovering around freezing...wet, windy days ranging from the 40's to the 60's Fahrenheit.

Got several planes in 'hot-standby' mode for when the winds give me a break.  It was all the way into this past March when we were hit hardest with snow...so go to just prep and deal with it...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:35 am

Rod I live with similar but 6 month shift as your summer/winter so I can relate about trying to get something done in 100+ F heat.

mid winter here and relatively mild, 38F this Am and will see 69F around late afternoon but a bit gusty making it chilly outside as I go about the morning chores

Here in central Texas we usually have a light winter except when the Jet Stream drags Canada air down to us before sending it up and over the Rusty in the Carolinas
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:21 am

Fred --

I live a couple of hours east of Kim -- across the river (Mississippi and Ohio Rivers) as we say in this part of the country. Current temp is 34F with west winds at 9 constant. This is quite a change from a couple of days ago when highs were upper 60's and lower 70's. This is predicted to be the warmest Christmas on record.

Like Kim, we had some of the heaviest snowfall recorded in years in early spring of 2015.

andrew
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:16 am

Down here in S FL its 85 and very humid, the fronts don't have enough to move on through and that means rain. Two weeks ago came close to house flood. It started rain on Thur., Fri., Sat. brought 10" and water rising in my yard, 10" on Sun. would have done it but it slacked off Sun. and got a break. The County here keeps raising the roads, when they repave they go over the old asphalt and add 3" putting my floor grade lower each time. I will flood in the future. I haven't seen winter yet, last winter I had to wear long pants once or twice.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:15 am

Very light snow flurries in Southern Indiana today, 34 deg. Getting up to 60 next week.gotta love Indiana weather.
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:27 am

Unlike previous years November and December have been very mild here in the ridges of West Virginia. Today is a little chilly with temps in the mid 30's. Next week is forecast to go right back up to the 60's. I'll take it gladly.

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:45 am

It has and is unseasonably warm in London. We have had no frost this year - usually kicks in at the end of October.

Parts of Northern England have been badly flooded following torrential rains and we have had extreme winds.

Christmas day is forecast to be the warmest ever!!????
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:29 pm

Woe is me, the sky is falling....when in doubt run in circles scream and shout...It's global warming, It's global warming....lol!
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:35 pm

And according to our piece of POTUS, the root cause of terror extremists.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:54 pm

The weather? Well, it stinks. We had a little bit of snow, the temp was around or below freeze for a week or so, it was nice. Now it is raining again, and the whole fall has been unseasonably warm, rainy and windy. I remember as a kid, usually the first snow came around my birthday in the end of Oct. but lately it has been different.

Not that I'd be crazy about the snow, but if you consider the latitude of my area (about the same as or a little further north than Anchorage, AK), we hardly ever see the Sun. Today the Sun got above the horizon at 9.44 am and set at around 3.04pm. That combined to the fact that it has been rainy or cloudy, with no snow makes the world a dark place.

No wonder a lot of the Iraqi "asylum seekers" are queuing at the gates of their embassy in Helsinki for a new passport and a plane ticket back home lol!

But when the sky is clear, with snow on the ground and the temps well below freeze it is really nice, even with the short days. Moonlight and occasional Aurora borealis make up for the chill and darkness. That's what I am wishing for.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:15 am

Cold and windy yesterday , The sky is clear and sunny now but in the 30s , our snow is usually in Jan-March , Snows fine Ice not so , Cold sunny getback Arrow
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:13 pm

New England has always been a mixed-bag for weather. It's been a mild.. but breezy Fall. The change of seasons is nice.. and always seems to provide something to look forward to. Last Winter.. had me really looking forward to the coming of Spring!!  Cold

Looking back..

How's the weather? 1-27-110
How's the weather? 1-27-111
How's the weather? 1-27-113
How's the weather? 1-28-111
How's the weather? Barbie10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:06 pm

Well yesterday was a stinker as predicted. Got to aroud 40°C before a thunderstorm early evening. Just enough rain to make it really humid with another day today forecast to be about as hot. The only ice around here is in my glass of ice water. Warm

I can handle the heat if it wasn't for the constant threat of fires. Fortunately all calm at the moment, but sadly every time we have this sort of weather all the idiotic pyromaniacs come out of the woodwork & light fires which destroy (and end) people's lives.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Windy and raining today, forecast looks good, traffic bad, no parking at the malls. Stay inside reading CEF blogs. I Love This Forum!
ALERT - High Surf - Advisory
Honolulu, Hawaii
Last updated December 19, 10:53 AM
81°F
Partly sunny
Precipitation 30% · Wind 22 MPH · Humidity 54%
Sat 19
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:25 pm

We've got flying expedition planned for tomorrow. It'll be a high of 58f and wind 3.5kt

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Philadelphia went from 68 to 32 practically overnight. Supposedly even colder tomorrow. We run engines when the weather gets like this. I find that just as enjoying as flying. All of us bring many engines old and new and clamp them to this picnic bench at our field. There's so much castor on that bench it will never rot at least the top won't.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Ken Cook wrote:           Philadelphia went from 68 to 32 practically overnight. Supposedly even colder tomorrow. We run engines when the weather gets like this. I find that just as enjoying as flying. All of us bring many engines old and new and clamp them to this picnic bench at our field. There's so much castor on that bench it will never rot at least the top won't.
Man, you guys know how to have fun. How's your membership and active members, are they holding steady?

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:20 am

Well, we had to do some reorganization of the club and appoint some new positions. I have the task of maintaining the mowers and tractors. It seems as though those duties were taxiing those in charge and much fell to the wayside. As we enter a new year, the older keep getting older unfortunately. My work schedule since Sept. has left me with 2 Saturdays that I used doing car repairs. I was fortunate to get out for 3 Sundays in a row. Rusty, you will be glad to hear that Larry Wilks has found 1/2A. He calls me a few times a week asking certain questions. Yesterday he was very elated. A fellow club member has decided to give up control line as he found motorcycling to be his newest quest. I found it a bit odd as he would quibble about money and the needed supplies for the hobby. Most don't realize compared to other hobbies and past times how inexpensive this can be.  I hope he knows what he's in store for now. I own 3 bikes and lately, I wish I never ventured down that avenue. He gave Larry all his 1/2A related items and Larry didn't have a clue of what to do with the stuff.

Seeing that the weather has been moderate, flying sessions have been taking place weekly. Typically most of us are generally snowed in or frozen in this time of the season. It's going to be in the mid 60's next week. Today however is quite cold and I've been trying to get some pre winter doping done before it really gets cold. I don't have the luxury to paint in the cold weather. I could take it to my friends shop and paint in a heated environment.  

Last week, I got to fly a new bird. Paint was Sig dope and Ultrakote Lite for covering.  This was the Manx Cat with a Fox .35. Unfortunately, the flight didn't go so well. The wings folded in flight due to too light of spars and leading edge. I figured this was going to be problematic but I didn't expect it to go on the first flight. The plane was moving out though. I put on a 9x6 and wound it up. Really not a whole lot to the plane, as soon as it went into the first loop I watched the wings flex. The second loop tore the rudder off which glues to the back of the fuse which is only 10" long and the top half glues to the upper wing. You can see the uncovered portion on the top wing depicting where the rudder glued onto.  The end result was the wing coming off of the fuse. The lower spars exploded internally and the upper leading edge collapsed on itself due to the center of the wing bowing upwards with the struts holding the ends. Not a single tear in the covering. The plane now has a self contained bag for it's shattered internals. This won't be repaired. It really is too much work to fix this properly and it's a bit sad that it ended this way. I will say it was spectacular while it lasted.    

The pictures make it difficult to see the damage, but it's pretty bad inside. Essentially the only thing holding the wing together is the trailing edge and the struts.      

As a side note, the wheel is for landing only as this has 0 ground clearance for the prop. This was a pretty dangerous plane to launch as there just is no way to hold the thing. The prop had hit my knuckles as I was holding the planes top leading edge. No where whatsoever to hold this thing. I launched essentially pinching the fuse from the rear with my thumb and forefinger and my one index finger was hooked over the bottom leading edge. This is not for the beginner.                            

How's the weather? Dscn2412
How's the weather? Dscn2413
How's the weather? Dscn2414
How's the weather? Dscn2415
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:30 am

That's one Wild looking bird there , I can see where it would be troublesome to hold /launch.. what the heck are you burning in that thing the engine looks cooked on the head ? Its a shame it didn't last very interesting design . The rain is coming our way tring to find a warmer day without rain is going to bee tricky got a few to put in the air / with the REED SPEED going on too . getback Rudolph
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:08 am

Funny you mentioned the head. That was after I cleaned it. The only reason I cleaned it was so I could get a good connection. A Fox runs better when it's crapped up like that. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Today is the coldest day this winter so far. The temperature is -27C (about -16F). A little colder than I care for but it sure is pretty. Calm and clear. First time I needed sunglasses since September I think Cool

How's the weather? Image11

How's the weather? Image12

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:07 pm

Those are some really nice pictures! If it has been so cold, why isn't the water frozen over? Is it a moving river or  hot springs?  
Michigan has had a record breaking warm spell up thru Christmas. This was the 1st time in a long time we did not have snow cover at Christmas. It's now just starting to freeze and the news is all about warnings to stay off the ice. DUH, people are falling through the ice.  Last year the big news story was the the Lake Michigan froze completely over. This year we've had freezing rain and ice build up, no nice fuffly white snow, yet.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:38 pm

19 degrees this morning 24 yesterday morn. and windy , warming up to low 60s for the weekend more rain in store// my water in my bedroom/bath was frozen up till around noon today Cold Those are some pretty pics.
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? Empty Dude, It is Winter, why are you at the lake

Post  happydad Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:06 pm

KariFS wrote:Today is the coldest day this winter so far. The temperature is -27C (about -16F). A little colder than I care for but it sure is pretty. Calm and clear. First time I needed sunglasses since September I think Cool

How's the weather? Image12

Kari: It is Winter, why are you at the lake?  lol!  You should be at home next to the fireplace.
     p.s. do you have a model boat for your Cox Engines?

happydad 65 degrees F. and rainy   RC Plane  Futaba Radio  Jeep  Blow up Mad!  Blow up Mad!  Blow up Mad!
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next