Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


How's the weather? - Page 29 Cox_ba12




How's the weather? - Page 29 Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2021
MauricioB's

".049 Babe Bee "in action""



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery


How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty

How's the weather?

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:09 am

Weather been pretty good here mid to hi 70 F Grass growing flowers blooming smell of spring in the air !! Hey Bob tell Mark if that thing starts giving any running troubles to check the tab that contacts the safety switches for the attachments , they were bad about getting bent and not making contact pressure enough of the circuit to complete , Other than that the were pretty good machines $40 is a reasonable price lol!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Sun May 30, 2021 7:15 am

I guess some of us got that cool off yesterday Came on pretty fast with some dime and Nickle size Hail here for a few minutes then POURED down rain . Temps. went down about 20 F degrees , I had Just finished putting some organic fertilizer around some of the veggies plants i am growing , Don't know what kind of damage they took yet Sad Most of my tomatoes are tied up so we will see today . ) Maybe cut up some of the pine tree that fell in the garden that fell early , i got removed but still needs moving out the way ! next few day cooler 50F and 67 to 81 day Cool
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  rsv1cox Sun May 30, 2021 9:37 am

@getback wrote:Weather been pretty good here mid to hi 70 F Grass growing flowers blooming smell of spring in the air !! Hey Bob tell Mark if that thing starts giving any running troubles to check the tab that contacts the safety switches for the attachments , they were bad about getting bent and not making contact pressure enough of the circuit to complete , Other than that the were pretty good machines $40 is a reasonable price lol!

Mark? Heck, I'm doing the stuff on that thing. Smile But the seller has first dibs, they are doing the first maintenance schedule and it carries a warrantee. I could have got their maintenance program, 10 years for $2500 but I like doing that stuff. Presently replacing the clutch master cylinder on my MG.

How's the weather? - Page 29 P1011038


45 degrees this morning with drizzle. Put the heat back on.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 6989
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:23 am

Again, while the West USA bakes with record breaking temperatures the Northeastern shivers this morning with 39 degrees.

Digging out the sweat shirts.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 6989
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 am

wow that's cold to me / around 60F here and i thought about turning the heat on but turned the AC off instead Laughing Suns out with a promise of 81 today and then headed to the 90s again in a couple day . So enjoying the cool now !
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Kim Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:22 am

Got a cool, nice morning here...supposed to get into the low 90's later.

How's the weather? - Page 29 Mornin10



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OThMCV-PaM
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 7739
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:06 am

Nice Thank You Kim RC Plane sunny Beers Hand Shake
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:17 am

@getback wrote:Nice Thank You Kim   RC Plane sunny Beers Hand Shake

Yeah, I sat through the whole piece.  Got a nice rhythm.  Needed some relaxation, just cut down a large tree that I had no idea where it was going.  Went straight up. Cut a large wedge and hoped.  Finally had to push it over as it was balancing on the cut.  Not a little fella either, 16" at the base.  Cut it up and hauled it off with the tractors bucket.  

Kim knows how to live.  Coffee on a bright summer morning sitting in a lawn chair.  Love the cup, Ring Man. Know that!

Little cooler here at 900' ASL Eric, I'm always cooler than where my son lives about 40 miles away.  Nice in summer, not so nice winter.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 6989
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:45 pm

War is my favorite . Love that group . Lonnie Jordan is still belting out songs today.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4580
Join date : 2012-03-27
Location : pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:02 pm

Mix of sun and cloud here.  No rain today (yet) but last week there was flooding not too far from here to the east- town where my grandson lives but his house was probably 1/2 a metre higher than the peak, so no damage.  
How's the weather? - Page 29 Floods10

To the west they had major winds bringing down the power infrastructure so bad they say they won'd get power back on for a month.  
How's the weather? - Page 29 B34b4010

All this happened while we were away for a weeks holiday.  Got home expecting some damage but no problems at all here.

A chilly 14ºC here, with overnights down to about 3ºC.  That's cold for here.  Snow on the mountains.  No.2 son is happy, getting in a bit of snow boarding.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3501
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Drouin, Victoria

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:13 am

You sure that wasn't a Tornado ? / a month wow that would not bee nice .. Glad your home wasn't damaged Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Admin Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:14 am

The past two weeks have been in the upper 90s almost every day. However, the past few days have been in the 80s, feels much cooler. They're talking about upper 60's as a high on Monday! Drought is starting to become a problem. I've been keeping everything watered, but neighbors have let their lawns completely burn up. There's watering bans in many places outside the city.

Fortunately or unfortunately (however you look at it), the only day with rain in the forecast is Sunday... which is the day I'm going out to the Back To The 50's car show. Sunday is their swap meet day. It seems every other year it rains on the swap meet. Sunday forecast looks like a nearly complete washout and some of the car guys I've been hearing from are worried about hail. So we'll see how many people stick around. Supposed to be over 12,000 cars 1964 and older out there this year.

_________________
-Jacob


Admin
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 5763
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville, Minnesota

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  balogh Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:59 am

107.6F =42 C measured by my dashboard thermometer while driving in Budapest, Hungary today...not the temperature that would grow in a car parked under naked sun, but actual air temperature..I love it, reminds me of the hot places I visited or stayed in my life ranging from Arizona US to Middle and Far East countries....I could see myself in the whole rest of my life slowly fading away and come to the end  in just a swim short in the hot powdery sand of a tropical beach... sunny  Hot

How's the weather? - Page 29 20210710
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2011-11-06
Age : 63
Location : Budapest Hungary

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:49 pm

You can have that !! About 75F here with light rain all day )) good for the garden Eyebrows
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:06 pm

Heavy frost here this morning.  Had to scrape the windscreen.  I know it's nothing compared to the low temperatures some of you endure, but each morning for the past week has been under 3ºC.  Wouldn't cope with it any lower.  Getting through my stash of firewood quicker than I'd hoped.
Burning Cash
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3501
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 59
Location : Drouin, Victoria

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:19 pm

80's here.

We need rain, my lawn is burning up. Sad
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 6989
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  roddie Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:53 pm

Been WET here in Northern Rhode Island (USA). July 4th weekend was damp. It didn't stop the noisemakers though.. Smile We've had some thunderstorms.. but not bad ones. Last night was significant.. as far as lightning goes. We were pelted with rain after midnight and into this early-morning. It woke me several times. I like it actually. My late ex-wife was TERRIFIED of thunderstorms.. and would huddle our children in a hallway.. back years ago. "Don't put your fear of it into them".. I would always say.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 7282
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 61
Location : N. Smithfield, Rhode Island

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:19 am

@roddie wrote:Been WET here in Northern Rhode Island (USA). July 4th weekend was damp. It didn't stop the noisemakers though.. Smile We've had some thunderstorms.. but not bad ones. Last night was significant.. as far as lightning goes. We were pelted with rain after midnight and into this early-morning. It woke me several times. I like it actually. My late ex-wife was TERRIFIED of thunderstorms.. and would huddle our children in a hallway.. back years ago. "Don't put your fear of it into them".. I would always say.

Ominous weather thrills me also, I love it when the wind kicks up blowing things around.  I get out in it, walk around, enjoy life.  Hurricanes a bit much, but a nice thunderstorm...................

Looks like our dry spell might be ending, on and off rain predicted for the next few days, might get a chance to burn off the brush pile.  

Our four years in Rhode Island were enjoyable except for the occasional winter blizzard. The Navy didn't have "snow days."
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 6989
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:00 am

Yes i like a good T-storm and some wild lighting , My good friend Leona (dog) does Not/ barks /howls / hides under the bed and gives me those funny looks that says what is that noise ! Shocked
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  roddie Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:46 pm

@rsv1cox wrote:
@roddie wrote:Been WET here in Northern Rhode Island (USA). July 4th weekend was damp. It didn't stop the noisemakers though.. Smile We've had some thunderstorms.. but not bad ones. Last night was significant.. as far as lightning goes. We were pelted with rain after midnight and into this early-morning. It woke me several times. I like it actually. My late ex-wife was TERRIFIED of thunderstorms.. and would huddle our children in a hallway.. back years ago. "Don't put your fear of it into them".. I would always say.

Ominous weather thrills me also, I love it when the wind kicks up blowing things around.  I get out in it, walk around, enjoy life.  Hurricanes a bit much, but a nice thunderstorm...................

Looks like our dry spell might be ending, on and off rain predicted for the next few days, might get a chance to burn off the brush pile.  

Our four years in Rhode Island were enjoyable except for the occasional winter blizzard.  The Navy didn't have "snow days."  
0

Hey Robert I LOVE you man! Really,
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 7282
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 61
Location : N. Smithfield, Rhode Island

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:35 am

@roddie wrote:
@rsv1cox wrote:
@roddie wrote:Been WET here in Northern Rhode Island (USA). July 4th weekend was damp. It didn't stop the noisemakers though.. Smile We've had some thunderstorms.. but not bad ones. Last night was significant.. as far as lightning goes. We were pelted with rain after midnight and into this early-morning. It woke me several times. I like it actually. My late ex-wife was TERRIFIED of thunderstorms.. and would huddle our children in a hallway.. back years ago. "Don't put your fear of it into them".. I would always say.

Ominous weather thrills me also, I love it when the wind kicks up blowing things around.  I get out in it, walk around, enjoy life.  Hurricanes a bit much, but a nice thunderstorm...................

Looks like our dry spell might be ending, on and off rain predicted for the next few days, might get a chance to burn off the brush pile.  

Our four years in Rhode Island were enjoyable except for the occasional winter blizzard.  The Navy didn't have "snow days."  
0

Hey Robert I LOVE you man! Really,

Well roddie, I appreciate that. Out of the worlds population of approximately 8 billion your about the only one.

In reality I'm an outspoken, crusty, opinionated, not very well-liked person.

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 6989
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  KariFS Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:57 pm

Well, Bob, ”love” is a strong word for me, but I say it sounds like we’d probably get along fine lol!

Sounds like you’re describing yours truly, except for the crusty part for now, but I am getting there DAMMIT!
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1856
Join date : 2014-10-10
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:57 pm

I think that roddies reply was respect for my advanced years and the fact that I can still walk and chew gum at the same time.  Well, walk anyway.

84 ain't so bad guys, by the time you get here it will be considered young.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

Posts : 6989
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Yabby Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:12 pm

@Oldenginerod wrote:Heavy frost here this morning.  Had to scrape the windscreen.  I know it's nothing compared to the low temperatures some of you endure, but each morning for the past week has been under 3ºC.  Wouldn't cope with it any lower.  Getting through my stash of firewood quicker than I'd hoped.
Burning Cash

Just burn down the house next to you! that keeps it warm for a while. lol! We had 6 degs Celsius the other morning. I gotta get up at 0500 to get to work. Too cold!!!! This is meant to be Australia! Lol. Imagine being in Tasy or Canberra. HaHaHa. I really fail to understand how people in countries where it actually gets seriously cold manage to survive, it seems like thats all it would be, survival in some of the temps people live in.

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Gold Member
Gold Member

2021 Supporter

Posts : 151
Join date : 2021-06-08
Location : Murray River

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  getback Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:44 am

86 for today 88Fs yesterday I am burnt out on it already !! Hot UV been Very Hi and humidity is usually 65% ....
In reality I'm an outspoken, crusty, opinionated, not very well-liked person. wrote:
What's Not to like about that Friend !! What?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 8265
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 64
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 29 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum