Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Cox_ba12

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Golden Bee basic running problem
by roddie Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Simple Gliders
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Foam hand kids glider converted to 0.049 CL
by rdw777 Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» Weird search for a single comic from an old Mad Magazine
by Kim Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» Scientific "Zipper" Build...Zipper Flys!.
by getback Yesterday at 7:27 am

» Cox .049 Tee Dee engines back in stock (limited availablility)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 1:05 am

» Very off-topic.........Time passes and not always for the best......
by rsv1cox Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:47 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:48 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 pm

» Throttles for Cox Tee Dee .049 / .020 / .010 engines --- videos
by sosam117 Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:54 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Admin Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:00 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2024
robot797's

"ULTIMITE COX 010: it has a clutch, E starter, throttle, exhaust, aluminum tank, aluminum venturi, gearbox with forward and reverse, and now its on a custom drawn and printed stand"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Empty
Live on Patrol

1/2A size model-airplane wheels

Go down

For Sale 1/2A size model-airplane wheels

Post  roddie Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 pm

I initially checked the CEF data-base (search-engine) prior to creating this thread, so as not to duplicate info on wheels; not necessarily specific to 1/2A size model aircraft.

This thread deals directly with some "CNC lathe-turned hardwood wheels" of 1.125" diameter having a hub; center-drilled for a 1/16" (.062") diameter axle.... which I sourced from a local craft-store, a few years ago. The wheel "width" is .189".. (just slightly wider than 3/16")  

Some of you know of these wheels through my posts. Today I visited that same craft-store; having direct-access to the manufacturer.. and I bought a bag of "100 wheels" which cost me $5.

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Wood_i12
1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  4-18-110

PM me... if you want wheels for your model-airplane. I'll mail them to you on the cheap.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

For Sale Re: 1/2A size model-airplane wheels

Post  roddie Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Some of you might ask; why would anyone buy a bag of x100 little wooden-wheels for $5... ?

and some of you will know the answer. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Hey Roddie,

Why buy that many?
1) Because for $5 it isn't worth trying to get half-lots and make a few trips.
2) Because Roddie is most generous, and knows we can't easilly get this size wheel anymore.
3) Because Perfect ain't making wheels anymore, and these are just fine for the occasional flier in our scale.
4) Because they are lighter than Perfect balloon tires in this size.
5) Because they don't melt like plastic wheels when soldering the retaining washers in the legs.

Since you broke down to share most generously, I don't feel like I'm taking from  your private stock now. Maureen never emailed back, and I've been too busy to chase her down.

I'm in for a short stack...hmmm, about 10 should last a while.

How much for a USPS padded mini envelope to zip 39705?
Don't send them to 02146, I haven't lived there for 25 years! LOL

With direct access to the manufacturer, can we ask for different sizes in bulk? I'd love 1", 1.25", 1.375". Maybe we could get a few guys to go in on bags of 100 of each of those sizes.

We can PM details like addresses/PayPal/or a check in the mail.

Thanks much!

Last edited by 944_Jim on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : 5 reasons added)
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:12 pm

944_Jim wrote:Hey Roddie,

Why buy that many?
1) Because for $5 it isn't worth trying to get half-lots and make a few trips.
2) Because Roddie is most generous, and knows we can't easilly get this size wheel anymore.
3) Because Perfect ain't making wheels anymore, and these are just fine for the occasional flier in our scale.
4) Because they are lighter than Perfect balloon tires in this size.
5) Because they don't melt like plastic wheels when soldering the retaining washers in the legs.

Since you broke down to share most generously, I don't feel like I'm taking from  your private stock now. Maureen never emailed back, and I've been too busy to chase her down.

I'm in for a short stack...hmmm, about 10 should last a while.

How much for a USPS padded mini envelope to zip 39705?
Don't send them to 02146, I haven't lived there for 25 years! LOL

With direct access to the manufacturer, can we ask for different sizes in bulk? I'd love 1", 1.25", 1.375". Maybe we could get a few guys to go in on bags of 100 of each of those sizes.

We can PM details like addresses/PayPal/or a check in the mail.

Thanks much!

Hey Jim! I'm really glad that you replied to this thread! Smile I'm actually not surprised. PM me with your complete address.. OK?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:41 am

Hi Roddie,
I'll PM in a bit. Let's see if anyone else wants any. If no takers, I may bump my desired count up a bit.

I was serious about other wheel sizes...

Thanks!
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 pm

You definately got a good deal on those wheels. Looking online, cannot even come up with those, and anything comparable is a lot more. Good find.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:45 am

Brodak purchased the Perfect model company. This includes the tank line equally. If one desires Perfect products, he has them. While some items aren't listed on his website, a simple call can generally offer what one desires. The balloon wheels and streamlines are still offered. Just don't expect to pay what you use to for them. It's not the 70's anymore. The website is always slow and sometimes the shipping quotes are not accurate. Your always better off calling and offering a zipcode.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:36 am

Well that's good to know Ken Thanks . i like the Balloon tire of yesterday better for RC or larger planes. Easter Bunny
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Roddie,

PM sent!
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Ken Cook wrote:Brodak purchased the Perfect model company. This includes the tank line equally. If one desires Perfect products, he has them. While some items aren't listed on his website, a simple call can generally offer what one desires. The balloon wheels and streamlines are still offered. Just don't expect to pay what you use to for them. It's not the 70's anymore. The website is always slow and sometimes the shipping quotes are not accurate. Your always better off calling and offering a zipcode

Hi Ken, Happy Easter to you my friend. I had a feeling that Brodak may have purchased at least some of the Perfect-line of parts.. because of the tin/hard-tanks being offered.. but I didn't know that the Perfect-line of wheels were still available.

You may recall my interest in 1/2A spring-style wheel-retainers for 1/16" dia. music-wire which I used to source from "SIG" (their P/N SH-121). This part was no longer listed as available (discontinued) on their website. I emailed SIG (Becky Van Dee) who replied; stating that the wheel-retainers were no longer available.

Cox International (Bernie) had sourced some Goldberg NOS wheel retainers of the same type, of which I purchased a few packets a while ago. This type of wheel-retainer was originally furnished in the hdwe. packages of the Goldberg 1/2A C/L models that used a landing-gear.. such as the "Swordsman 18" and "Stuntman 23".. just to name two. I have used this style wheel-retainer on all of my 1/2A airplanes that utilize a 1/16" dia. music-wire landing-gear. It's a sturdy/lightweight package.. when you desire a landing-gear on your model.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

For Sale black-painted wheels

Post  roddie Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 pm

I was bored this afternoon.. and decided to paint some more of these wheels. Actually.. I "dipped" them.. Laughing First; I drilled-out their hub-holes from .055" to .067" to fit common/sturdy .062" (1/16") diameter K & S brand music-wire.

The "paint" is a Pactra oil-base type; labelled "Odds and Ends" enamel.

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Pactra14

I used the paint earlier this year; brushing it onto these same wheels. I was happy with the finish.. but I don't know how it will hold-up to glow-fuel exposure.

My "Rare Bear" 1/2A profi-speed model has been recently retro-fitted with a pair of these wheels that were "brush-painted" with this Pactra paint.

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Wheel-11

Today I decided to try "dipping" some wheels into the paint. After drilling-out the hubs.. I used paper-clips and plastic "coffee-stirrer" (straws) to stack a few wheels for dipping-into the paint. The coffee-stirrer/straws were cut-short with nail-clippers to approx. 1/8" (3mm) which was enough of a gap between the wheels.. to keep them from touching.

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Wood_i15
1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Wood_i17

Here are the dipped wheels (drying..). I'm sure that they'll be fine for "knock-around" use..  Smile

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Wood_i19
1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Wood_i20

Incidentally... I save paper-towels that are not particularly "soiled".. for re-use/re-cycle in the shop. They're quite handy for cleaning-up spills or drips.

1/2A size  model-airplane wheels  Wood_i18
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Roddie. I notice some of those wheels have a "drip" of enamel on them, and will dry that way. When I dip items I usually take them outside and "fling" them around to shake off any excess paint so they don't develop drips. If you have time on your hands, you can also continually rotate the painted item to spread the paint evenly over the surface as it dries, but this can be tedious with slow-drying paint.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down