Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Better fill up NOW  Cox_ba12

Better fill up NOW  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Better fill up NOW  Empty
Live on Patrol

Better fill up NOW

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Better fill up NOW  Empty Better fill up NOW

Post  getback Tue May 11, 2021 12:53 pm

If you don't have plenty of car fuel , Stores around here are running out fast in . Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida and Virginia Just got 88.00 worth Thanks !! I was the last one in line too and ran out before my last can got any ! Babe Bee .049 Affraid or WOW! Affraid or WOW! Affraid or WOW! Stores will bee next . Welcome to the 70s

Last edited by getback on Tue May 11, 2021 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change meaning)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Better fill up NOW  Empty Re: Better fill up NOW

Post  Admin Tue May 11, 2021 1:57 pm

They're telling us to expect a 30-40¢ per gallon increase in price just over the next week as truckloads of gas and oil are diverted to the east coast and south.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Tue May 11, 2021 2:10 pm

As Buffalo Springfield put it,

What’s Going Down?

Honest question, nothing about (global) oil shortage on the news, last time I looked Huh...
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue May 11, 2021 3:16 pm

KariFS wrote:As Buffalo Springfield put it,

What’s Going Down?

Honest question, nothing about (global) oil shortage on the news, last time I looked Huh...

News reports of "Russian Hackers" shut down control of Colonial Pipeline. No pumping, no Oil or GAS.  Could be a International Espionage Attack, or just Homer Simpson at the control board!  ANY reason is a GOOD reason to increase the price of gas.     System Probably still running on Windows98

Last edited by Marleysky on Tue May 11, 2021 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Any excuse to jack up.gas prices! They said there was a gas crisis in the 70's...I didn't see it...and I was driving a big block Charger!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 pm

I saw it in the 70s but I never ran out of gas. Could only pump on certain days depending on your tag number. Some lines but no big deal. The big storms coming through here is worse.

Picks of Charger please
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Wed May 12, 2021 12:40 am

Marleysky wrote:

What’s Going Down?

News reports of "Russian Hackers" shut down control of Colonial Pipeline. No pumping, no Oil or GAS.  Could be a International Espionage Attack, or just Homer Simpson at the control board!  ANY reason is a GOOD reason to increase the price of gas.     System Probably still running on Windows98

Ok, I guess it didn’t make the main news here as the papers (and politicians) are busy trying to explain the Finnish public why it is important to (again) send a few billions of Finnish taxpayers’ money to be spread around the union.

Anyway, found about the pipeline on BBC. Pretty scary stuff. Fortunately the hackers were reportedly ”just after money and not turmoil”. Definitely a heads-up to everyone concerned.

On the other hand, 30-40c a gallon equals about 10c per litre, or about 8 Euro-cent, around here plus or minus 5 cents per litre is a very normal price fluctuation. Of course if there were news about shortage, there would be long queues I guess.

Btw the low-ethanol high-octane stuff I use is about 1.71€ per litre right now. As much I would like to get a growling big-block, looks it’s not going to happen DAMMIT!
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Wed May 12, 2021 3:13 am

Still have it...fresh repaint ,original paint code!Better fill up NOW  Buyer_12
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed May 12, 2021 6:11 am

Damn that's NICE !! The tribe that runs the store down the road only jacked Her price another .10 cent $2.89 / 89 octane That's all the Hemi noes Hey i know i should bee running there racing fuel , lol VP Fuel Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed May 12, 2021 6:53 am

OhBee wrote:Still have it...fresh repaint ,original paint code!Better fill up NOW  Buyer_12

Two door fastback nothing but cool!! Nice, so many of my old cars from that era I wish I would have kept. I had a 63 two door Impala SS with factory air (very rare) and buckets and console that I had into mid 80s but wound up selling. Sad face.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 12, 2021 7:52 am

I am really glad you kept that that car, not because it’s ultra rare or the baddest thing on the block. It’s because you kept at it and took good care of it. Cars are really throw away items. Something to be used and cast aside when it no longer fits your needs. For you to have kept that car means you had a connection and could recognize a good quality manufactured product. Kudos to you for your forward thinking and I hope one day it brings you either money or the peace of mind that you can pass it on.

Personally though, that car is the baddest thing on the block. Mopar or no car! Very Happy

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed May 12, 2021 8:12 am

Marleysky wrote:

What’s Going Down?

Yeah, Russian hackers traced back to them and we seem just to expect/tolerate it. Ransom ware but nothing happens in that country without the powers in charge knowing about it. Time for a little tit for tat or the next time it could be our power grid and you will have no A/C. gas, or internet. We have spanked them before and blew up one of their pipelines in retaliation for such activities.

Mark and wife got stuck in North Carolina yesterday looking for gas with the pumps shut down.

Not funny when it affects you personally.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Wed May 12, 2021 9:44 am

OhBee wrote:Still have it...fresh repaint ,original paint code!Better fill up NOW  Buyer_12

Yoda says ”badassedness is strong with this one” and I agree! Can’t help but love the look of old school Detroit muscle! Complete with steel wheels and all. Aerodynamics be damned, it’s for those who can’t build engines Very Happy

Kudos for keeping it all these decades Cool
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed May 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Haven’t seen any price jumps here yet.

Better fill up NOW  7facf410

Better fill up NOW  39a1e010
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 13, 2021 6:38 am

Yesterday, more out of curiosity than anything else I headed into rural West Virginia with an empty five gallon gas can for my mowers. Pulled into a gas station and started to fill it up. Got eleven cents worth before it went dry. People at the other pumps had the same experience. Virginia gas stations are mostly out of gas, and I though WV would not have a problem. Wrong.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddy Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am

Here in Michigan where I live, the price of gas has actually gone down a little. The price here for regular as of yesterday, 5/11/2021 was $2.73 a gallon. We are under a different network for gas here. There are three B P gas stations here that sell 90 octane, non ethanol gas, at a price of $3.44 a gallon. I use non ethanol gas in all my out door air cooled yard engines, and out board fishing motor, it is the best gas. It is a little pricey, as I also run non ethanol in my 1973 AMC Javelin AMX, that has the 401 engine. I filled the AMX up with 14 gallons of non ethanol a week ago for $ 48.00. There is a drag racer out of South Bend Indiana named Ted Harbit, that I have spoken with a number of times. He is, I believe 84 years old and is a faithful Studebaker drag racer. He told me years ago to run non Ethanol gas in my Javelin AMX, and to add one ounce of, "Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant" for every 5 gallons of gas, as it really protects the valves in older muscle cars like mine,"OhBee", look into it for your Dodge Charger's engine. Just a shout out for Ted Harbit. He races a 1964 Studebaker Challenger in Pure Stock, it has the rare, 304.5 Studebaker R3 engine with 4 speed. He runs in the low 13 second with an occasional dip into the upper 12 second quarter mile. Studebaker was way ahead of the big three in it's engine development before closing in December 1963. Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 am

Amen.

I had a 1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser with their first year V8, paid $250 for it in 1956.

A good read:

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/automotive-histories/engine-history-the-studebaker-v8/
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddy Thu May 13, 2021 11:19 am

rsv1 Thanks for the Studebaker article. I thought I had read everything on Studebaker, great read. I printed it out and added to my literature collection. Thank you! Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu May 13, 2021 11:58 am

Eddy wrote:rsv1  Thanks for the Studebaker article. I thought I had read everything on Studebaker, great read. I printed it out and added to my literature collection. Thank you! Eddy

Your welcome.  

I bypassed some of the negativity but all in all it was a well written and informative piece.  

I had no trouble with mine other than a sticky carburetor float that caused me embarrassments at stop lights.  I would have to get out, pop the hood and tap the carburetor with a screwdriver, then drive on.  Only had it for two days before we left for Florida, a 1500 mile trip.  In Georgia I had a flat tire only to learn the spare was incorrect and would not fit the hub.  Rolled the original a couple of miles to a tire shop.  

It was a nice driving car with an automatic transmission and a beautiful interior.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Thu May 13, 2021 9:14 pm

Eddy...The Charger only gets our 91 octane ethanol free fuel! ...with a bit of lead additive... Same with my old motorcycles. Pumps say offroad vehicles only .....not that anyone polices it!  Always a couple 5gal cans of it in the garage!  I just pulled up to the pump with the Charger the other day .  People were too busy gawking at the car to notice what  pump I was using!  Wink
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 14, 2021 6:28 am

OhBee wrote:Eddy...The Charger only gets our 91 octane ethanol free fuel! ...with a bit of lead additive... Same with my old motorcycles. Pumps say offroad vehicles only .....not that anyone polices it!  Always a couple 5gal cans of it in the garage!  I just pulled up to the pump with the Charger the other day .  People were too busy gawking at the car to notice what  pump I was using!  Wink

Beautiful car OB and I love the Blue, not to far off the shade of my old Buick Riviera.

50% of the greatest car chase ever laid down on film.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddy Fri May 14, 2021 8:09 am

rsv1, Oh Man! I assume you are talking of the chase scene in the movie, "Bullitt" Like you maybe, I've watched that scene as well as the movie so many times. There was a U-Tube video that still might be up, someone retraced that chase scene in a like 1968 Mustang Fastback several years ago. It was interesting how some buildings are gone and others are still standing. Bullitt was one of the all time great chase movies, as well as only, Mr Cool, Steve McQueen could play the part. ohbee's Charger would make a great drive through those old streets, and to film it as well. Just such a great movie. Eddy
Eddy
Eddy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 14, 2021 8:42 am

This one !! Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 14, 2021 10:16 am

Same one Eddy.

They used several cars of both brands in that movie.  Seems Hagerty found one of the original Mustangs pretty beat up and told about it in their newsletter.  Ford brought out a clone a couple of years back. Wanted one, didn't get it.

Good one Eric......
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri May 14, 2021 11:40 am

The soundtrack of that scene gives me goosebumps Cool

A friend in high school taped a frontal picture of a Mustang on the rear view mirror of his Celica lol! Fun times.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next