Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Cox_ba12

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 11:51 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Empty
Live on Patrol

"Out in the Shop" A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta)

Go down

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Empty "Out in the Shop" A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta)

Post  Kim Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:11 am

The Spitfire's main antagonist during the Battle of Britain:

Back to work on my Midwest Models' ME-109 (actually BF-109...Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (BFW-Bavarian Aircraft Works), but it says ME on the box.

This will be the G...or "Gustave" model, primarily because I'm lazy, and the G model won't make me install struts on the horizontal stabilizer.  And before I get "History Nerd-Pounced" about this...I KNOW the Gustave was introduced after the BoB...but I don't care.

The Gustave was also the second of the "clean wing" 109 variants, with all the guns located in the fuselage, and no barrels protruding from the wing's leading edges (more justified lazyness for me) to mess up their smoothness.

The Enya .15 Castor Slinger is only temporarily installed in the Gustave's nose, as I search for a properly bulbous-shaped spinner like those of the G model.

Why all this detail concern over a non-scale, slab-bodied control liner?  It's just the way I roll...er, fly.

The really good part is that I finally started feeling like messing with these silly things again.  

"Go Gustave!!!!"

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_7711
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_7710
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Midwes11
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 40_25

Last edited by Kim on Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:40 am; edited 7 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Empty Re: "Out in the Shop" A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta)

Post  fredvon4 Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:38 am

Cool project
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Empty Re: "Out in the Shop" A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta)

Post  Kim Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:03 am

fredvon4 wrote:Cool project

Thank you Fred!

Maybe this time, I'll at least get it out of "the fish skeleton" stage.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:25 am

Smoking Eyebrows cheers Clapping No!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:58 am

Love your first picture Kim, picture of the Bf-109 for insperation, Sig-ment at the ready and an Enya .15 with the early carburetor "temporarly" mounted. You going to throttle this thing?

Seekers playing softly on the boom-box?
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Love your first picture Kim, picture of the Bf-109 for insperation, Sig-ment at the ready and an Enya .15 with the early carburetor "temporarly" mounted.  You going to throttle this thing?  

Seekers playing softly on the boom-box?  

Nope on the throttle...got a venturi tube/needle valve assy. for the Enya...unless I change my mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love The Seekers!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:39 pm

I've got the Mustang from that series...hmmm, maybe this spring.

Norvel Big Mig .15, 2.5 oz tank Huh...

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:45 am

The Airacobra/King Cobra lays snout-down, waiting for some attention after an abrupt runway edge at SIRS Field removed its nose gear.  

These things weren't disassembly-friendly when they were new, so I got to REALLY have my MoJo on deck when I mess with it..  

The Corsair awaits what I hope will be a breath-taking upgrade to a newer, meaner engine I just got in a trade with Joe "akjgardner".  THANK YOU JOE!!!!

It had some pretty serious power during the SIRS Fun-Fly a week ago, allowing me to pull "The Impossible Loop" twice in the same flight.  I don't have video (I know...I know..."If it's not on video, it didn't happen!"), but intend to remedy that on it's next mission.

The dissembled guts of my Stuka lay under the sheltering wing of a Pietenpol I got from Kevin Wilfong at S.M.A.L.L.  The Stuka has semi-severe trauma from internal plastic rot...think cookie crumbs...of the posts that space the fuselage halves, and engine area.  But I'm hopeful it'll again rise to battle.

Got a bit of work done, but now got prep for tomorrow's "Summer Bash", hosted by "The Sky Squires"...a great club across the river, near Marion, Illinois.  Can't let all them electron herders miss out on the joyful noise of a castor-slinger in full song.

Anyway, Everybody Have a Safe & Fun Weekend!

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 1_244
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:49 am

Kim wrote:The Airacobra/King Cobra lays snout-down, waiting for some attention after an abrupt runway edge at SIRS Field removed its nose gear.  

These things weren't disassembly-friendly when they were new, so I got to REALLY have my MoJo on deck when I mess with it..  

The Corsair awaits what I hope will be a breath-taking upgrade to a newer, meaner engine I just got in a trade with Joe "akjgardner".  THANK YOU JOE!!!!

It had some pretty serious power during the SIRS Fun-Fly a week ago, allowing me to pull "The Impossible Loop" twice in the same flight.  I don't have video (I know...I know..."If it's not on video, it didn't happen!"), but intend to remedy that on it's next mission.

The dissembled guts of my Stuka lay under the sheltering wing of a Pietenpol I got from Kevin Wilfong at S.M.A.L.L.  The Stuka has semi-severe trauma from internal plastic rot...think cookie crumbs...of the posts that space the fuselage halves, and engine area.  But I'm hopeful it'll again rise to battle.

Got a bit of work done, but now got prep for tomorrow's "Summer Bash", hosted by "The Sky Squires"...a great club across the river, near Marion, Illinois.  Can't let all them electron herders miss out on the joyful noise of a castor-slinger in full song.

Anyway, Everybody Have a Safe & Fun Weekend!

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 1_244
your welcome and thanks for the HOB F/W 190. I also have a wen Mac with a busted nose. Going to retrofit it with a babe bee . Also I love the Pietenpol
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duaneh Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:17 pm

Kim wrote:

Video or not, the loops happened. I know, I was watching in disbelief.
Never was able to loop any Cox plastic plane myself, nor ever seen it done before. I've always dismissed such claims as brag, but Kim and that little Corsair proved it can be done.
duaneh
duaneh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:03 am

I would loop my PT-19 all the time. However, there were times it wasn't successful. My buddy Dan flies the Red Baron P-51 which is quite small. It's fast but not great in maneuvering. It will do essentially 8's, wingovers and some inversion. he tried a vertical 8 and it sunk like a rock on the bottom almost destroying it.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:08 am

"The Chester Aircraft Factory"...also known as "Billy Lang's Basement"...suddenly gifted me a new, scratch-built "Bee-Tween" 2 channel sport plane, complete with personalized pilot.

This is the fourth in a series of Bee-Tweens from Billy's shop, with his, Leo's, and President Brian's E-Powered version turning Breezy Hill into "Bee-Tween Headquarters".  We'll have a Class Photo at some point.

Billy and Leo's planes are a couple hot-rods, with Billy's packing a Black Widow...not sure what Leo has in his, but it's healthy.

I wanted to "go-for-cute" with mine, and did a gasket job on a Babe Bee that was minding its own business in the back of a drawer.  (I WILL, however, be packing the Shrike's Black Widow in a discrete plastic box... just in case the trash talk gets out of hand).

Anyway, the Babe got some good runs, and will hopefully be in the same mood when we go to Breezy.

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 205_111

Severe Cuteness.

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_9710
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_9712
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_9711

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 200_114

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 110_113

And, since I haven't done a "The Many Engines of Cousin Bill's Q-Tee" video in a while, I'm prepping some castor-slingers for flights in the near-future.

I think I got this Space Bug Jr. from Ron several years ago, and it's last outing was alongside a Space Bug Sr. while flying on the the Lazy Bee's "Board of Engines" at a past S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In:
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Dsc_0162

Other than a quick check for goop, and new head gasket, it was test-run and then attached to one of the Q-Tee's swappable engine mounts.
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 95_11
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 100_54
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 105_112
"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 401_11

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 400_120

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_9713

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_9715

And lastly, I did a break-in run on a "Zipper" Tee Dee .049 from Stan at Vintage Performance Models.  I added two head gaskets, and it did about 30 minutes of fueling on the run.  It'll be going in my +10% "Big Otto"...if I ever get around to working on it.

And on we go....

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) 100_55

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Img_9716

Last edited by Kim on Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:49 am

Hi Kim, front of Q-Tee painted with black gasket sealant?
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:04 am

Levent Suberk wrote:Hi Kim, front of Q-Tee painted with black gasket sealant?

No, it's black Brodak dope on a balsa patch.  I'd turned my back for just a moment at S.M.A.L.L. one year, and a gust of wind blew it off its stand.

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Homer_10

GOT to keep an eye on these little castor-slingers the whole time!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Sad Sad Sad
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:41 am

Severe cuteness II without the custom cute pilot.  

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Scan_199

The extent of my model airplanes some 20 years ago in Florida.

So happy that this thread has legs.  One of my favorites.  Lazy Bird with Space Bug and Space Bug Jr. Engines.  Doesn't get any better!

Edit add........forgive me........Severe cuteness III - same day same bridge asa in the first picture....

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Scan_200

Puffer and Skittles RIP.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:00 am

rsv1cox wrote:

"Out in the Shop"     A "Bee", a "Bug", and a "Tee Dee" (sorta) Scan_200

Puffer and Skittles RIP.

Severe Cuteness Indeed!!!! Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down