Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Why do I find it so funny... - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Why do I find it so funny... - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:37 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 6:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 5:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 5:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 11:23 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 9:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 7:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 7:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 2:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Why do I find it so funny... - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Why do I find it so funny...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why do I find it so funny... - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do I find it so funny...

Post  fredvon4 Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 am

Rural kids exposed to dad or uncles hunting at early age get the Guns kill things relationship just by observation and 99% of time the hunter coaches several key points, safety, moral killing for food, sport/challenge/skill, never point a loaded gun at people, etc etc.... In fact I doubt most dads or uncles realy prethink the lessons... most is common sense and attitudes / experiences pass from their dads.

Gunsmoke, Palidan, many western movies all mostly presented the killing of men as a nesessity for good and we ususly knew who the good guy was vs the Bad guy. And there seemed to be a clear disctiction between Murder and defensive (or proactive offensive) killing of the bad guy

Todays cops and robbers CSI, NCIS, Southland, Justified...blurr these distinctions and can send very wrong observations to imature young humans who do not have the killing for food or defense point of reference.

When we ran around with cap guns shooting each other there was a cowboys and indians or Americans vs Japs (sorry) or Gerries... Today as I watch paint ball and other human on human sports? I do not sense the same point of reference being played out. I see much too much grab arse and weapon pointing in the parking lot before or after being in the "field" of play... Some real bad habits or behaviors

I am not entirely sure the skool shooting events in the last few years had a shooter who understood perfectly the permenance of death...perhaps they did, I am just not convinced so
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:07 am

cribbs74 wrote:We used to do that too. We used the 2 pump rule. That rule wasn't always followed and now I have a scar on my shoulder.

We also used to have "roman candle wars" that was some scary fun.

Fireworks and idle minds do not mix. One of my old buddies still has a misshapen nipple from the resulting burn. lol!

Gaaaa-OWW!!,,TMI!!,, had to check and make sure both of mine were there when I read the misshapen skin part.

It's all about teaching the differences between a toy and the real thing,,and it's not a one time chat with the kids, it's something that needs to be talked about every time a gun type of conversation comes up between parents and children. Water guns included,, remember the super soakers and squirt pistols everyone has and did have fun with as a kid during the summer??. The same gun saftey chat and difference between the real and toy/fakes should go with those as well,,as you have fun. You learn by doing and repeating those saftey items, eventually it does stick in the brain, old or young.

I talked about the BB gun wars we had as a kid,,at that point in my life, even as I joked about it in the thread, I had PLENTY of saftey conversations with my grampa, who was a idaho gunsmith, and my father. Dad acctually helped us outfit our saftey gear before we did anything like that, to cover the vitals and know the difference in what we were doing and were we were aming before commiting the trigger.

Alot of the blame lays in toy gun manufacture, and that blame unfortunately is us here, because we allow that style of toy to be imported,,or made right here. There is a plastic pistol out now that looks just like a Glock 23 from 4 feet away, you cannot tell the difference. Junior is walking thru the house looking for his toy pistol,,"hey,,there it is,,right under the edge of mom and dad's bed,,,BOOM!". Sad but true, we have all read and heard those storys and we will continue to do so as we allow those toys to be bought and sold.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:55 am

PV Pilot wrote:Alot of the blame lays in toy gun manufacture, and that blame unfortunately is us here, because we allow that style of toy to be imported,,or made right here. There is a plastic pistol out now that looks just like a Glock 23 from 4 feet away, you cannot tell the difference. Junior is walking thru the house looking for his toy pistol,,"hey,,there it is,,right under the edge of mom and dad's bed,,,BOOM!". Sad but true, we have all read and heard those storys and we will continue to do so as we allow those toys to be bought and sold.

I was a kid when that law took affect with the orange tip. There use to be a company out that made pretty realistic water-guns and I had a pre-tip version. The next year they came out with an orange tip and the following year after that they came out in wild colors instead of black. WM-88 or WH-88 machine gun comes to mind, but google didn't show the pic I was looking for.

A few years back, I bought an air-soft gun and it didn't have the tip, later that year they made them clear with an orange tip. I wrote the manufacturer and they sent me an orange tip at no charge. I have both barrels still but have the orange tip version installed. I plan on using it for gun safety for my boys, as I do not have access to property nor own any ammunition for the rifle and shotgun I have.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:00 am

Found it.. manufactured in 1985, I was 11 years old (Same age as my oldest son now).

Why do I find it so funny... - Page 3 S3600021
Why do I find it so funny... - Page 3 9718_1

LOL, I remembered the item number.... all these years
Item Number: EWH-88

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertech

WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3