Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks? Cox_ba12

How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:37 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks? Empty
Live on Patrol

How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks?

Go down

How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks? Empty How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks?

Post  daddyo Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:29 pm

I just flew a PT-trainer a couple times right next to a cop sitting in his car consuming pastries at the park. I don't see these engines being much more irritating than a gas leaf blower. Anyone ever get run out of town? What's the worst punishment you've had?
daddyo
daddyo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks? Empty Re: How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks?

Post  RknRusty Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Until recently I've been flying my Coxes in the church courtyard across the street from my house for 26 years. The Pastor thinks it's cool, the kindergarteners come to watch sometimes, and the neighbors just think I'm an interesting eccentric old guy. My next door neighbors used to run out to watch, but they moved, so I'm okay. A deputy sheriff stopped and watched me kamikaze gopher bomb my Stuntman23 once and just laughed and waved goodby and left. I called the county parks office and they said that I couldn't fly at the parks anymore because of liability. Bullcrap! Liable to create interest... indeed. Take your parks and shove them. I haven't tried a schoolyard in a few years.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks? Empty Re: How many of you guys have been run off for noisy engines at parks?

Post  coxaddicted Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 am

In Germany it is very limited to run engines by law. I think you could get a directly annoyance due to noise if you run a cox in the neighbourhood or parc (-with the wrong person beeing around). Depends allways on the neighbours/ people around.

With my muffled Cox RC Car I had no problems yet (I use to run it in an old industrial zone where are some parks around) nobody cares about it. If there are pedestrians with dogs, I wait until they went over because i fear that dogs will bite my little ca Very Happy r.
But most people I meet like my little cox, they allways ask, it is really engine powered? Sounds like, but it is so quit lol!

There are some other guys around with 1:5 scale HPI Baja's (with a 26cc engine with tuned exhaust). This cars are really loud, therefore I think that I will get no problems, hopefully

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizzyman2011 Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:36 am

I used to fly at a local park where I used to work every lunchtime next to a school it got to the point where the kiddies came out at lunchtime with their teachers so obviously I stopped they then asked why I had stopped I told them because you and the kids were out in the park the reply was we came out to watch !!! Happy days a few of the older kids even had a go and teachers too !!!! Happy days turns out one of the teachers used to fly !!! Alas times change and I no longer work there but go down to my local park once in a while and get no problem a few police came down to visit ... And inspect result "I can't see a problem here sir it's only a toy isn't it your not hurting anyone " now my gut reaction was to defend the difference between models and toys then common sense prevailed " of course it is officer good to see your out and about in the community" job done he watched me fly while eating his lunch waved and wished me well
I only wish all the local coppers where as nice I have never been moved on but have had to explain ... In great detail how to build one !!! Fun times
Dizzyman2011
Dizzyman2011
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:04 am

I happily have never had a problem. Growing up there was a public access flying field for control line. We flew in the park. We flew at a couple different schools. Never had a problem about noise, just events making us move to another location.

Now I fly in my side yard. My neighbor has similar toys, although RC only. People sometimes have stopped on the road and watched a bit, although I am not very good yet.

I need to locate a field for larger flying, but probably will go fly at a local school during off hours.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 am

I got run off a public school field for flying electric micros and my Cox Cub. By "run off" I mean told to leave by a very annoyed looking, vertically challenged member of the school board.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  daddyo Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 am

I imagine school was in session microflite? I can understand it if the kids won't pay attention in class, it's hard enough to get them to sit still as it is.

So far it sounds like nothing ever really happens with the law...
daddyo
daddyo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:05 am

i got kicked out of the soccer fields by my house from a grumpy old gentle men when i was flying my plane with a os25fp, the reason being is that their is a learning center for mentally challenged children really close to the soccer fields and the noise of an model internal combustion engine drives them nuts
i have not been back there since then
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:13 am

We usually fly at an airport and only had trouble when we held a combat match. Of course they didn't run mufflers and there's condos and a golf course acroosed the street. So we run mufflers on most engines and no more combat matches there. The only other time I had trouble, we were flying at a private soccer field with permission and a soccer mom (most likely on crack Smoking , do to all the twitching and scratching she was doing) came over and said (in her most angry mom voice) my boys and I were flying over the heads of the kids playing soccer. I tried to explain that it wasn't possible (we were 300 feet away) since the C/L planes are attached to us with 60 foot lines. She didn't believe me though. We just left and came bak later. Can't talk to carzy people. Tired w/ Coffee Read
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 am

daddyo wrote:I imagine school was in session microflite? I can understand it if the kids won't pay attention in class, it's hard enough to get them to sit still as it is.

So far it sounds like nothing ever really happens with the law...

Nope. Was a Saturday and only 1-2 cars were there. The only other place to fly the Cub is 40 minutes away, which is why I haven't flown it for over a year.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:34 am

The engine ha a muffler BTW.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  daddyo Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm

micro - I'd go back. Sometimes people who think they've alot of authority try to wield it.
daddyo
daddyo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 pm

I have had idiots walk accross my circle without even looking up. I just keep it over their heads until they pass by.
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:55 pm

daddyo wrote:micro - I'd go back. Sometimes people who think they've alot of authority try to wield it.

I dunno, the last thing I need is police involved...
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Also, the quieter, low rumble of leaf blowers is a sound everyone is accustomed to. The louder, high-pitched noise Coxes make is not.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 am

daddyo wrote:I just flew a PT-trainer a couple times right next to a cop sitting in his car consuming pastries at the park. I don't see these engines being much more irritating than a gas leaf blower. Anyone ever get run out of town? What's the worst punishment you've had?

In the field in the outskirts of Budapest, Hungary where I fly my 010, 049, 050 and 051 powered, usually un-muffled RC planes I sometimes raise annoyance between others flying electric planes...this is just simply too noisy for them...so I decided to part and take off hundreds of meters away from them not to bother anyone, and fly as high as can not to even cross the path of the electric planes (this is not too high though with an 010 bird in case you want to really see if it comes or goes..which makes a difference with a 1km range RC receiver)...The same field is frequented by people to walk their dogs often without lashes and this is a real thrill when you want to bargain with a pitbull that the plane is mine and not his when it has just landed and you start to bet if you or the pitbull is the faster to grab it...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down