Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy) - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy) - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:07 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy) - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy)

Post  RknRusty Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Nice looking guy, a Minister and a Psycologist and RC enthusiast. With a 19 year old son. Three years younger than me.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy)

Post  crankbndr Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:28 am

No wonder his fuel was so good, it was blessed!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:00 am

And Honest to a fault...

I once got a little frisky, and paid for my order before he could invoice me with correct shipping. The guy refunded 2-3 bucks to my Paypal account to square things up, with a patient note to please wait for him to invoice it the next time I bought fuel.

Taking the time, and going to that trouble, for so small an amount to compensate for goofyness on my part, well...we DO miss guys like that...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeM Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:43 am

i had many fuel discussions with Mike.
it was Mike that gave me the formula for mixing the stuff i use in FF.
one tip he gave me about mixing fuels containing Castor was to mix the Methanol and Castor first, let set overnight, and then add the Nitro.
he was right............nitro and Castor don't hit it off right away, but doing the mix his way worked.
he also told me that a small amount of Acetone acted as an igniter for lower nitro fuels.........Thermals to you Mike, we'll miss you.

-mike
MikeM
MikeM
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Cox International wrote:So, where does everyone get their fuel from, short of mixit it yourself?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation as to where to get diesel fuel in the UK as well as Australia?

I know you asked this question a while ago, but I purchase SIG Champion 1/2a fuel. I checked the other day and it has the right amount of castor mix, although from discussions I have read on this forum, I believe most would add more. The cost is pretty reasonable too. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't add any oil to Sig Champion. 20% oil blended 50/50 is perfect for most 1/2A engines. Certainly Coxes. You'll find all sorts of opinions, but it's great fuel as is. I have added an extra 2% for my Fox .35 engine

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:59 pm

I have never heard of anyone adding oil to SIG Champion, but when I read fuel posts on this forum, it seems like most people are adding castor to their mix. I have had superb results with SIG Champion 10%, 15%, and 25% fuel. Purchasing from the SIG site is also very reasonable. I checked the other day, and they are even selling 35% Nitro, which I had not noticed before. If anyone has used it, I would like to know how it ran, and if they saw a performance jump. I know that COX use to have a racing blend that had 35% and although I can not confirm it, someone once told me they had a 40% nitro blend too.
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Obituary - The passing of Mike McGraw (Glowplugboy) - Page 2 Empty Glowplugboy soon to come back

Post  kiteshark Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:04 pm

I was a close friend of Mike for a long time and helped to facilitate another old friend, Steve, to purchase the Glowplugboy fuel company.  It was upsetting to many of us that Steve was not able to restart the company due to family priorities.  It didn't upset anyone more than it upset Steve.

I am very pleased to announce that there is another transfer in the offing.  It looks like another of Mike's old flying friends might pick up the mantle and resurrect the brand.  All original formulas are included in the title transfer along with Mike's original blending equipment.  With a little luck, Glowplugboy blends will become available shortly.

You've heard it here first, negotiations started today and this is the only place it has been posted.  I hope the principals forgive me for letting the news out but I think something will happen soon.  Mike was my best friend and I want all his customers to know that good things are coming.

Dave
kiteshark
kiteshark

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks for the update, Dave. That must have been Steve some time back that was planning to pick up the Glowplug Boy production and posted here. I'm glad to see our old favorite brand coming back. Most of us went to Sig after Mike passed away, and more recently Hobbico reformulated their Cox Super  Power fuel to a 50/50 castor/synthetic blend with 25 and 35% nitro. It's good to have GPB back in the hobby.
Good Luck,
Rusty and everyone at CEF

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Thank You for sharing this info with us Dave. Flying
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:00 am

Man that is Good news and to hear it here first is something in its own , Thank You Dave . Eric Babe Bee
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next