Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

COX GTO & CAMARO Cox_ba12

COX GTO & CAMARO Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 8:05 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 7:26 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 7:21 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 6:55 pm

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 5:36 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

COX GTO & CAMARO Empty
Live on Patrol

COX GTO & CAMARO

Go down

COX GTO & CAMARO Empty COX GTO & CAMARO

Post  RAMJETT Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 am

hello I just acquired a 1968 cox GTO and Camaro with starter kit. never used in the boxes , they are 1/20 scale with.020 engines . I had never before seen these little cars and was wondering how to determine value. I see a couple of guys selling cars just like it in ebay for huge bucks , dreamers I think at $1,000-$1.500 and they are listed on rc groups as the least valuable ones . I found a price list on rc groups that seems to be pretty accurate for most stuff and they list the camaro and GTO as the most valuable cars ever made @ .$450 each . I am going to keep them for a while and just admire them . but if I had to have to give them a value how would you guys determine prices for these collector pieces. I know the market sets prices but how do you know where to start when pricing collector items . is there guys that can appraise these items. I would like to make sure I have correct insurance coverage for these items as the value of my collection builds. thanks for any help regards Roger
RAMJETT
RAMJETT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

COX GTO & CAMARO Empty Re: COX GTO & CAMARO

Post  jsesere Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 am

There is no set value for any Cox collectable. When selling the best market exposure is EBay and it's a crap shoot. It depends on who's looking and what they feel it's worth to them. Can you post pictures? I for one would like to see them.
Joe
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RAMJETT Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Joe , I understand what you are saying .but I have to tell the insurance company something in the event of loss or they will not cover me, I have extra coverage for my hobby because standard home insurance will not cover me for what I have , but you need a itemized list with pictures and values and you need to update the list from time to time with current market values. I would advise anyone with a large collection to check with there insurance company ,you may be surprised what they will not cover . when I inquired to my insurance company they said they would cover my hobby items until I gave them a estimated value . Joe I can't figure out how to put pictures on this site but when I receive the cars I will post them on RCC.

Last edited by RAMJETT on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
RAMJETT
RAMJETT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ZACATTACK Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:16 am

Cox Cars and Cox engines prices are determined as to what the market will bare. Factors such as state of the economy, rarity of the product, product condition, and type of auction the products are exposed too, will determine the level price returned to the seller. There are products that have high return value, but to put exact figures on these items are next to impossible. People try to compare prices with E-Bay, which is an free independent world wide public auction site with no limits, this again is wrong. E-Bay prices are subject to bidding wars, people with deep pockets that are missing a particular item in their collection, and just" bidding idiots" that do not have any knowledge of what their doing. You could try to find toy appraiser on the internet for the proper channel of determining prices. As far as insurance goes, find the highest price one has sold for and provide this to your insurance company along with pictures of yours. Good Luck!
ZACATTACK
ZACATTACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RAMJETT Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 am

I know exactly what you are saying some of the prices on ebay are just stupid . there is a Texas bomb drop going for $400 on there LOL , obviously way over priced .and some Items are going for next to nothing. I like your Idea, just watch and see what they are on average actual selling for .I guess that is as close as you are going to get to actual value , this may be a little tough for my items because I have never seen one sold before.
RAMJETT
RAMJETT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 am

We have a little known Cox collector on this forum. He rarely gets on the site, but if you PM him at iamplanecrazy2 I'm sure he would be happy to help you out. Tell him jsesere sent you.
Joe
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RAMJETT Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:32 pm

thanks Joe ,I will give that a go . I was just thinking ,asking collectors how much they would like to pay for things they like to collect may not yield the best results either LOL. Regards Roger
RAMJETT
RAMJETT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 pm

He has everything already. I kid you not.
COX GTO & CAMARO Room_111
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RAMJETT Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:55 pm

yeah the way i'm going I will be there in 6 months LOL. quite the impressive collection you have there . I would like to have a couple of those. I was not being serious when I mentioned about asking collectors for prices, I am sure most of you guys would be straight up , I was just joking around . Roger
RAMJETT
RAMJETT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Ebay is a probably a better gauge for values than what you'd see at a swap meet or a collecto, you do need to separate the b.s. bid from the real ones, sometimes you can look at the bidding results and take off the top two bids where it became a bidding war, looking at the bulk of bids. I've heard (not recommending) of people listing their high priced toys on ebay with super high reserves just to see what kind of action the item will see.

http://gascarman.blogspot.com/
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  kevbo Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:11 pm

These are the tight-line racers, right? My brother had one of that vintage. I still have the engine off of it. My dad fashioned a prop driver by soldering an inner tooth lockwasher to a brass nut, and it flew a few times on a goldberg ranger 21 (I think...or was it only 18...19??). I might possibly still have the flywheel with drive pinion somewhere.
kevbo
kevbo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RAMJETT Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:01 pm

well if anyone ever finds any cars or parts please let me know ,collecting this cox stuff is like eating potato chips , you can't stop at one LOL.
RAMJETT
RAMJETT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down