Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it Cox_ba12

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 9:18 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it Empty
Live on Patrol

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it Empty found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it

Post  Jason_dawg245 Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:12 am

Just yesterday, I was riding my bike down a street not far from my house when I saw a broken model airplane sitting next to the trash cans at the end of a driveway. I grabbed the airplane and took it home. My dad made me throw the rest away but I did take the engine off. I'm not interested in ever running it but I'm am interested in selling it. My question is: What is it worth and what is the model of this engine?

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it Cannon10

ty, Jason_dawg245
Jason_dawg245
Jason_dawg245
Account Deactivated by Owner

Back to top Go down

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it Empty Re: found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it

Post  MiniatureAircraftFactory Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:30 am

It should say on the engine what it is, its probably a McCoy .049 , but there were a few very similar , testors, AM , WenMac , not the most powerull of .049 engines and a bit heavy for the power (about 50g), ive never payed more than £10 for one usualy more like £5 , i have seen them sell for £10 often , there were so many made, they werent as good as they were a bit fragile, and heavy due to the spring starter ( main problem , but it can be removed to take about 20g off the weight)

with the black cylnder all of mine are McCoys, the other types have half black half silver , apart from that there virtualy identical

People generaly dont like them so they arent worth much , i bought a brand new one in box with prop for £10
MiniatureAircraftFactory
MiniatureAircraftFactory
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.fmk-models.com

Back to top Go down

found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it Empty Re: found a plane on the side of the road with one of these engines in it

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 am

If I were you I would run it or at least put it for sale on this forum then maybe someone would buy it and if thy didn't you wouldn't be out of pocket as it's free but on eBay altogether they take about 15% of the sale and even if it doesnt sell they take some
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MiniatureAircraftFactory Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:49 am

It does make quite a good power runs at about 14000 rpm ona 6/4 i think it had the same designer as the cox td , if you take the rear part of the spring starter off its quite light, makes a good engine then , ideal for anything a babe bee will fly , with the prop driver turned down or replaced with a suitable washer it would be much lighter
MiniatureAircraftFactory
MiniatureAircraftFactory
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.fmk-models.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:16 am

If it runs it may be worth more but I think you should modify it and use it to fly with
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_dawg245 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:47 pm

This is what is says on the engine: "WEN MAC" then there is a circle inside a triangle with the letters "AMF" inside it. On the other side of the engine it says: "MARK XII" ".049" So it isn't considered a "Cox Engine" then? It is a different company? I looked the engine up on ebay and they are selling for under $10, some even $5. Its not worth listing it. Thanks guys.
Jason_dawg245
Jason_dawg245

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:56 pm

Well, its not a cox engine. It is exactly what you said was on it, a Wen Mac. It was made by AMF (American Machine and Foundry), this is the same company that started AMF bowling centers. AMF also made mopeds, motorcycles and at one time owned Harley Davidson. I really wouldn't mind if you do list it in the for sale section, not too much is going on over there anyway.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:46 am

its worth listing for $10 as eventually some one will want it.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_dawg245 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Well, thanks anyway, I'll just set it on a shelf or something. I asked my dad's friend from work if he wanted it since he has a few old toy cars with these in them, he just said "I'm good, I don't need another one".
Jason_dawg245
Jason_dawg245

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Just keep it and I'm sure in 20 years it'll be worth something
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_dawg245 Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah I'll just keep it. Who knows, someday I may start it up! I'm just not interested in these things yet. Thanks for all your input on this. ,Jason_dawg245
Jason_dawg245
Jason_dawg245

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:16 pm

you deactivated you account? Just out of crousity, how do you do that? Theres no settings that i select anywhere
Carl
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Carl wrote:you deactivated you account? Just out of crousity, how do you do that? Theres no settings that i select anywhere

Why, do you want to delete your account? You can't select to do so yourself in your profile since it deletes everything to do with your account and plus if you ever wanted to come back, your account will be gone forever. If you really want to leave, take a look here>http://coxengineforum.forumakers.com/faq he asked if he could close his account since he has no interest in these engines or ever plan to. I still have his account but all of his info has been removed and the password has been changed. If he ever wants to come back, all he has to do is send me an email with some info and I'll reactivate his account.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 pm

aww, I was just wondering how he did it. I'm not going anywhere, I mostly post on rcuniverse and rcgroups but it never hurts to be on here. Plus when you type in (cox engines) on to google, this comes up on the first page
Carl
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:33 am

Carl what is your rc universe name ?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:32 pm

i need to create a new account i haven't been on there for atleast 5 months, i've been busy working. I lost most of my info when my PC crashed, passwords ,email address, passwords to email addresses and so on. In fact i may go and make that account in a little bit, same with the rcgroups and rctech. Id on't remember what my username was it was a bunch of numbers like dw359qz or somthing like that people just knew I was Carl. I'll let you guys know when i get back up or make a new account.
Carl
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:37 pm

When PC's crash lots of important things lost that's why I'm a mac person Wink Laughing
My RCU name is nitroairplane
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:52 pm

nitroairplane wrote:When PC's crash lots of important things lost that's why I'm a mac person Wink Laughing
My RCU name is nitroairplane

I've always been a Mac person! My RCU name is "nitroengine", it is very close to yours... lol! I don't post much though
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Admin wrote:

I've always been a Mac person! My RCU name is "nitroengine", it is very close to yours... lol! I don't post much though

So you had to copy nitroairplane you seem to post on here all the time you afraid that they may be smarter then you??? i remember when i first started posting on there, at that time I appearently knew nothin about osmax engines, I liked them but I always had to be corrected when I gave people help. I know about them now from learning but then haha I like cox engines but I never posted in that section, I know there is one thats why i'm surprized you made a forum!
Carl
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Carl wrote:
Admin wrote:

So you had to copy nitroairplane you seem to post on here all the time you afraid that they may be smarter then you??? i remember when i first started posting on there, at that time I appearently knew nothin about osmax engines, I liked them but I always had to be corrected when I gave people help. I know about them now from learning but then haha I like cox engines but I never posted in that section, I know there is one thats why i'm surprized you made a forum!

I didn't copy him, they are clearly 2 different names. I usually don't post because others beat me to it with the same answers. I don't know everything about Cox engines, I'm always learning something new.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Admin wrote:
Carl wrote:
Admin wrote:

I didn't copy him, they are clearly 2 different names. I usually don't post because others beat me to it with the same answers. I don't know everything about Cox engines, I'm always learning something new.
Same we both know the same stuff Jacob probably know a lot more than me about Cox engines but I live in the UK so I am able to answer to GermanBeez and MINIATUREAIRCRAFTFACTORY earlier as we are pretty much in the same time zone but I also wake up/stay up some nights and if I have time I log on here and see what's happenin' Very Happy
As for our YouTube and RCU nes being similar its pure coincidence:)SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileWinkWink
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:18 am

i think although we've got some time differentials, we get together pretty often on the page Smile
btw, i will probably post some videos in my third account, i think, so be on the lookout, 'cause i'm on vacation
at the moment!
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 am

True and the last few days I haven't been on at the same time a you because I'm on a very late schedule as I on holiday and don't need to do much apart from build my little guillows piper cub. And swim and go on Line there is more I could do but this year stared off pretty stressful. And I need to relax.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 am

is your piper cub a 1/2A size plane?
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 am

It is Guillows it's 1/4a so could be powered with a pee wee .020 but I don't have one with me so I made it rubber powered I will try and maiden it today because I go home tomorrow.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next