Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

How's the weather? - Page 20 Babe_b10

I forgot my password

How's the weather? - Page 20 Pixel
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox pop-gun...
by getback Today at 5:58 am

» Kit building 55 yrs. later
by dirk gently Today at 1:59 am

» Spanners 3mm and up
by OhBee Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Ooops I did it again
by YakNine Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» SIG champion fuel
by OhBee Yesterday at 3:50 pm

» New Quickie 100 micro pylon racer project
by kazaklisglider Yesterday at 2:27 pm

» Upsizing in the engine dept.
by aspeed Yesterday at 10:13 am

» Rivarossi's FEF locomotive
by getback Yesterday at 8:54 am

» Flea market Cox P-40, F4U + receipts
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:59 am

» Cox Sky Rally Kyosho Cox 049 -> It goes on
by MrGoodwreck Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:00 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
February-2020
Mark Boesen's

"Twin Needle Thermal Hopper"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

How's the weather? - Page 20 Empty
World of Aviation

How's the weather?

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

How's the weather? - Page 20 Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  balogh on Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:46 pm

Sorry to say so Rod but what happened here has got nothing to do with whether some here speak English as their non-native , and some others as their mother tongue. It does not take a Shakespearian vocabulary to recognize if someone speaks with utter disrespect about a minority nation (BTW, about your compatriots) in general, and in particular in times when the country, home to those minorities undergoes its worst natural disaster of recorded history.

Before anyone judges here I would refer us all to Forum rules that are supposed to guide Admin to serve justice..some sociopaths were already banned from this site not so long ago.
balogh
balogh
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:09 pm

balogh wrote:Sorry to say so Rod but what happened here has got nothing to do with whether some here speak English as their non-native , and some others as their mother tongue. It does not take a Shakespearian vocabulary to recognize if someone speaks with utter disrespect about a minority nation (BTW, about your compatriots) in general, and in particular in times when the country, home to those minorities undergoes its worst natural disaster of recorded history.

Before anyone judges here I would refer us all to Forum rules that are supposed to guide Admin to serve justice..some sociopaths were already banned from this site not so long ago.
(As Mom And Dad would say) Some folks need to know when to hold their tongue. Lets not make this a unmitigated audacity!!! Amen Bros, Peace Mark
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:49 pm

In a moment of perfect timing, someone sent me this today.
How's the weather? - Page 20 Peanut10
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:58 am

I agree with Andras, I don't think the language barrier is the problem here. Seems to be more of a cultural thing.

The Forum is considered one of the most friendly ones out there, and I agree. But if being polite and maintaining friendliness requires me to just smile politely and nod no matter what kind of statements I see, I just may have misunderstood the meaning of friendliness and politeness in this context.

And just for clarification, I would like to know if the Peanut meme thing and this bit here:

Mark Diedrichs wrote:
(As Mom And Dad would say) Some folks need to know when to hold their tongue. Lets not make this a unmitigated audacity!!! Amen Bros, Peace Mark

were directed at Andras, me, someone else or to everyone.

Next up, weather:
I'll try to send some rain over your way Rod, we got plenty of it here!
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:56 am

KariFS wrote:
And just for clarification, I would like to know if the Peanut meme thing was directed at Andras, me, someone else or to everyone.
It was sort of aimed at all of us, myself included (and here I am still talking about it- can't help myself).
As I said, it arrived in my in-box, struck a chord so I shared it. (I'm a Charlie Brown fan from way back).
KariFS wrote:Next up, weather:
I'll try to send some rain over your way Rod, we got plenty of it here!
Yes, the weather. Much improved here over the past few days apart from a really strong East wind which will probably trouble the firefighters. Had a good shower of rain the other day and a couple of cool days. Smoke seems to be mostly gone at this stage, but will probably return when the wind dies down. Still some serious stuff going on in certain areas.

When you think about it, it's nothing compared to the devastation inflicted around the world by Hurricanes and Tsunamis in recent times
Again, thanks on behalf of all Aussies for ther care and concern of the rest of the world.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:11 am

"Before anyone judges . . ." That's rich.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:47 am

Oldenginerod wrote:In a moment of perfect timing, someone sent me this today.
How's the weather? - Page 20 Peanut10

Amen to that. Back in the early 2000's, I used to post on Usenet, groups like comp.os.linux.advocacy. That's where the Microsoft trolls used to hang out. When anyone posted something positive about the Linux operating system, that's where the nasty name calling came in. I didn't know such hateful people could exist.

But their impact, although it did not affect my current employer, the US Federal government, if I were to seek another could have been extremely devastating. You do a search on my name, only the very negative posts of character assassination came up. Those perps resorted to networks of anonymizing servers, where their IP address could not be traced. They resorted to Usenet providers who did nothing to abusers.

Then I found this document, Groklaw: How to Get Your Platform Accepted as a Standard - Microsoft Style.
James Plamondon, Microsoft Technical Evangelist wrote:Our mission is to establish Microsoft's platforms as the de facto standards throughout the computer industry.... Working behind the scenes to orchestrate "independent" praise of our technology, and damnation of the enemy's, is a key evangelism function during the Slog. "Independent" analyst's report should be issued, praising your technology and damning the competitors (or ignoring them). "Independent" consultants should write columns and articles, give conference presentations and moderate stacked panels, all on our behalf (and setting them up as experts in the new technology, available for just $200/hour).
11. Mopping Up. During the mopping-up phase, ensure that the enemy technology is routed. Use the press, the Internet, etc. to heighten the impression that the enemy is desperate, demoralized, defeated, depressed.
Mopping Up can be a lot of fun. In the Mopping Up phase, Evangelism's goal is to put the final nail into the competing technology's coffin, and bury it in the burning depths of the earth. Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2." Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies, to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over time.

My current desktop computer is 14 years old (the one I'm using now). I am still using it because I use Linux, now Ubuntu Mate. I have considerably less problems overall. I bought a laptop with Windows 10, a Lenovo, what a boat anchor of an operating system. I attempted to work with it, I finally wiped the disk clean and installed Linux Mint Mate (a derivative of Ubuntu) on it. I use it for slide presentations during Sunday service at church. All the video services work on it. Both boot up quickly and shutdown quickly. The last I heard, the head techie at Symantec antivirus software used Linux, because it had far less security issues than Windows.

I broke the technology upgrade cycle. The LibreOffice suite does everything that Windows Office does, but it doesn't cost me a dime. What does this have to do with the weather? I came out of the technology rain storm smelling like a rose. My less than technology cutting edge computers run just fine without expending exorbitant costs, all this on a retirement salary.

(Sorry for deviating off topic.)

We had our first bit of snow for this year yesterday. The weather warmed and it turned to rain. This is weird as we normally get 4 or 5 snows a year, may be 4 or 5 inches at a time more or less. The Go Green advocacy has more or less died out with businesses here in rural NM and Texas Panhandle. Store owners have gotten tired of all the automated water saving devices. We have heavy water and they start failing when they get clogged with hard water deposits, fail after about 2 years use. Nearly everything has resorted to manual sink and toilet valves. (Someone made a bunch of money pushing all this unnecessary technology.)

How many really resort to leaving the water run in the sink when exiting the restroom? The press and their global warming drones reminds me a lot of Microsoft evangelism. One volcano eruption spews forth more toxins and greenhouse gases (not to mention also radioactivity, why do you think our planet interior remains actively hot with little change in mantle temperature?) than man has in all the 200 recent years of man made combustion. Doh!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:23 am

Well as long as we're posting cartoons . . .

Are you referring to the Stanford-Benet or the ménage-à-quatre?

http://images.esellerpro.com/3274/I/132/35/RFA005.jpg
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Diedrichs on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:27 pm

Tico, Now that's funny! Don't forget to read the fine print carefully!!!????
Mark Diedrichs
Mark Diedrichs
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:44 am

Fine print?? I can barely go by the pictures.
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:58 am

Funny? Josef Stalin Sense of Humor Award of the first decade of the 21st century:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Melissa+glick+&&view=detail&mid=D2632C533AD01315ECD4D2632C533AD01315ECD4&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DMelissa%2Bglick%2B%26go%3DSearch%26qs%3Dds%26form%3DQBVR

I have a dear old deceased aunt who was just like Melissa.

ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:38 am

What I Meant To Say I don't know about others, but my comment on only race is human was more a personal observation over my lifetime and perspective developed from the Good Book.

This has more to do with overall the various actions of people I've seen toward me and others. Being half Japanese, 3/8 Anglo European and 1/8 Iroquois, out of my brothers, my yellow skin that tans easily dark and facial features and being slightly taller at 5'-10", been mistaken for Native American, Portuguese, Latino, and etc. It is amazing how that just being something brings out the worst in some people. I find it interesting that some people hate fair skinned Anglos too, so hate is not limited to any particular race.

Who I am physically has helped me to sympathize and empathize with those I am mis-identified with. I've learned not to judge one based on skin color or ethnic background or origin. I find that every race I have encountered has all types of people good, bad and in between.

The comment is correct for us not to delve into any hints of personal attacks or critical evaluations of anything toward anyone. If we are critical, let's be critical to engines and related, and when we do comment for comeradery's sake, for the betterment of our fellow colleagues here.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:58 am

Could not agree more...I have stayed and worked for many years in several countries - including e.g. the Middle East - and have worked for global companies in the past 38 years and can attest that people biased with other nations ( I mean the people and not their clergy and politicians) without encountering them at least once is a sign of weakness resulting from one's own narrow sightedness and one's being prone to swallowing what his favorite and most likely not impartial media sources manage to tuck down his throat in his secluded like-minded community.
balogh
balogh
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:34 am

I set out to the field Saturday morning. I arrived and the winds were probably blowing a steady 15 mph with gusts above. The temp was about 30 feeling much colder. I put up one flight and that was enough as the plane was getting hit with some pretty ferocious side gusts. Knowing it was windy, I brought some .15 size stuff that flies fast. It really wasn't enjoyable to fly due to the cold. In reality, we've been fortunate as we haven't encountered any real snow accumulation. The weather has been rather mild offering almost a additional month worth of flying. I suppose I don't want to accept the fact that winter is here.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:46 am

Ken Cook wrote:           I set out to the field Saturday morning. I arrived and the winds were probably blowing a steady 15 mph with gusts above. The temp was about 30 feeling much colder. I put up one flight and that was enough as the plane was getting hit with some pretty ferocious side gusts. Knowing it was windy, I brought some .15 size stuff that flies fast. It really wasn't enjoyable to fly due to the cold. In reality, we've been fortunate as we haven't encountered any real snow accumulation.  The weather has been rather mild offering almost a additional month worth of flying. I suppose I don't want to accept the fact that winter is here.

What a novel idea Ken- Talking about the weather in a weather based thread. Huh...

To add to my previous posts regarding fires, I'd like to update that we've (Melbourne) just had 42mm of rain in the past 12 hours.  That's 1 3/4" in your money.  A lot of it made it to the main Victorian fireground.  While welcome, it has also created some hazards.  Due to parts of the country now being completely devoid of vegetation there have been a number of landslides due to the rain.  Some people just can't win. Sad
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:58 am

Oldenginerod wrote:

What a novel idea Ken- Talking about the weather in a weather based thread. Huh...

Rod,

this detour from the core topic here was provoked by unfair attacks by someone against your compatriots, and seeing how few are sensitive here to such an issue, by now I am sorry to have taken up the discussion on that at all.

Weather here in Central Europe is foggy and wet, by no means proper for flying planes. Instead,I am making a lot of noise and nitro smoke in my garage when testing Kamtechnik turbo heads on COX TD050 RC engines that, due to the non-SPI design, lose some power vs the 049/051 TD-s, and I hope the turbo head gives back a little bit of that loss.
balogh
balogh
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 am

here is my weather How's the weather? - Page 20 Screen42 Smoking Smoking Train Train
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:55 am

Thankfully, a return to normalcy. Thanks Ken for breaking the chain.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:08 am

Well. I got myself a cool 20° F with clouds here on my hill in S.E Missouri!

Not griping though...so far this year, I've been spared any assault by ice and snow like my buds just up the road to the north.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:45 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:
Ken Cook wrote:I arrived and the winds were probably blowing a steady 15 mph with gusts above. The temp was about 30 feeling much colder. I put up one flight and that was enough as the plane was getting hit with some pretty ferocious side gusts.... The weather has been rather mild offering almost a additional month worth of flying....

And not just weather, but small engine model plane content as well! Laughing I Love This Forum!

Oldenginerod wrote:To add to my previous posts regarding fires, I'd like to update that we've (Melbourne) just had 42mm of rain in the past 12 hours. That's 1 3/4" in your money. A lot of it made it to the main Victorian fireground. While welcome, it has also created some hazards. Due to parts of the country now being completely devoid of vegetation there have been a number of landslides due to the rain. Some people just can't win. Sad

I'm sorry to hear that, Rod. Australia has certainly had its misfortunes with fire. They are not alone, California, New Mexico and Arizona have had their share of fires, too. Last Spring the Santa Fe Railroad had a train blown off a long trestle bridge north of us in Logan NM, uprooted a number of trees and damaged roofs here in Clovis. We had gale force winds then.

GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TLAnderson on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Been snowing a lot here. I'm starting to feel like this guy. (Finnish soldier, photo taken during Talvisota, The Winter War)

How's the weather? - Page 20 Finlan10
TLAnderson
TLAnderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:27 pm

Poor fellow in the snow trench. He's probably rolling over in his grave right now wondering if it was all worth it as he sees Finland's current trajectory.

https://vdare.com/articles/msm-fixates-on-finland-s-woke-millennial-gynocracy-but-nationalist-right-emerging-across-scandinavia
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P. on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:09 pm

Gynocracy.  Now there's a word that caught my attention.  I had to look that one up.  Yeah, it meant what I thought it did. Then I read the attachment.  What I read there pretty much put the preceding posts in perspective. But it doesn't excuse anything that was said.

It's getting cold (for us) around here. Windy too.  I'm looking forward to spring.  I used to look forward to snow back when I was a ski bum paying for my season pass by working as a lift rat at Waterville Valley, not so much anymore.  My toes still go numb any colder than around 40F.

I'm also watching what's happening Down Under.  Happy for the rain, but not so much about the side effects.

Boy I hope you guys get a break soon.
Dave P.
Dave P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

2020 Supporter

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? - Page 20 Empty gynocracy—a majority woman cabinet

Post  fredvon4 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:20 am

article is actually a good read.....
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Trusted Seller

Back to top Go down

Post  ticomareado on Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:48 am

Don't tell it Kari and Balogh
ticomareado
ticomareado
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum