Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Gas Powered Toys Cox_ba12

Gas Powered Toys Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Gas Powered Toys Empty
Live on Patrol

Gas Powered Toys

Go down

Gas Powered Toys Empty Gas Powered Toys

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Hey Everybody,
Not to take away from Cox engines, but if you're interested in plastic gas powered toys here's a new FB page dedicated to plastic gas powered airplanes, cars, boats, etc. If you're a collector or just got a question, this is the site.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=vintage%20gas%20powered%20toys
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Gas Powered Toys Empty Re: Gas Powered Toys

Post  Admin Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:53 pm

That's cool! I've never been a Facebook person, although I do have an account.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:33 am

Doesn't open for me. Do you need a Facebook account to view the page? If so, then unfortunately I will be avoiding it.

Since my older son got himself a new iPhone a while back and has gone on facebook the relationship between him and his parents (us) has deteriorated immensely. He is completely obsessed. He has lost touch with reality & lives in a cyber world of "friends" he doesn't even know, to the point of taking their advice and quitting a perfectly good job. Now he just sits around all day using his thumbs and sponging of us.

Sorry, but this makes me even more determined to avoid Facebook for as long as I can.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 am

Facebook definitely has it's pitfalls, but like anything else involving the internet, a lot of it comes down to the person who uses it. There are security issues that occasionally need attention (those running it can't seem leave anything alone), and there are always dangers of talking to strangers on the web.

My account almost always deals with my hobbies and great fun (past and present), and have hooked up with several of my old friends that I hadn't talked to in a long while...highly enjoying their adventures. The ability to post 'Albums' of photos is a lot more fun than the 'old days' of sending attachments on Yahoo mail. It also occasionally provides another vent when I get the urge to write about something without (hopefully) wearing out my welcome here.

Most companies (Sig and such) and clubs have Facebook pages, and there's some really good stuff there to go with my morning coffee.

Gas Powered Toys Facebo11

I limit my relationship postings and such drama, and don't tolerate any vulgarity or inane babbling. Of course, I'm ALSO a cranky flip-phone/dial-up using 62 year-old who'll dump blood-relatives when they act like idiots, so I have an advantage there.

It's all just an individual's call, and the day may come when I regret messing with it, but it's been mostly fun so far.

Gas Powered Toys Facebo10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:19 am

Yeah, my FB is hobby only. I have a few friends/family, but I hide most of their daily chatter and only post once every month or two. The Philly Fliers have a great FB site.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  ARUP Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:48 am

Face Book...? Twitter...? what's that? I'm doing well to use e-mail stuff. Very Happy
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:12 am

Pretty interesting stuff on there I just spent 30 mins on it Very Happy Thanks Mark , and I am not a big facebooker myself . getback
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:32 am

I met Roger Harris through Facebook's "Control Line Enthusiasts" page.. and introduced him to CEF. It's networking that will help keep this hobby alive and well.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:56 am

Facebook, is a place where you can get lost for sure. Last year I'd posted that this was my semi - annual check on my Facebook page, my uncle posted back to me that it was good to hear from me and that he wouldn't expect a response until sometime in April. My nephew who's in the Army, welcomed me to Facebook with " Welcome to Facebook , .....i can't write what he said directly, but what he meant was only place to waste more time than standing inline in the Army, was Facebook. ( the biggest waste of human resources)

It's the end of 2015, Christmas is over, everyone who received a new "techie" toy, iPhone, laptop, andriod or whatever is now going online and telling all their "friends" what they had for lunch with pictures......what a waste of time and bandwidth.  In the meanwhile my internet service is getting glitchy, I can't access my e-mail at the old "hotmail" address, MSN in it's overpowering control has switched it over to a "outlook" account, and won't let me open my mailbox.....it shows a icon of a opening door.....with a tag line "still working on it"

I visited Kim's Facebook page, when I went back to my Facebook home page, much to my surprise, all the sidebar advertising, banner ads were GONE! Don't know how long that will last, but it was nice to be able to read a full page without all that garbage and pop-up crap in the margins.........maybe it is my lousy internet connection, maybe it's my 2005 computer wobbling on its last gasp of digital air.
I do have to agree with Kim, it has been mostly fun so far........
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:38 am

Marleysky wrote:Facebook, is a place where you can get lost for sure. Last year I'd posted that this was my semi - annual check on my Facebook page, my uncle posted back to me that it was good to hear from me and that he wouldn't expect a response until sometime in April. My nephew who's in the Army, welcomed me to Facebook with " Welcome to Facebook , .....i can't write what he said directly, but what he meant was only place to waste more time than standing inline in the Army, was Facebook. ( the biggest waste of human resources)

It's the end of 2015, Christmas is over, everyone who received a new "techie" toy, iPhone, laptop, andriod or whatever is now going online and telling all their "friends" what they had for lunch with pictures......what a waste of time and bandwidth.  In the meanwhile my internet service is getting glitchy, I can't access my e-mail at the old "hotmail" address, MSN in it's overpowering control has switched it over to a "outlook" account, and won't let me open my mailbox.....it shows a icon of a opening door.....with a tag line "still working on it"

I visited Kim's Facebook page, when I went back to my Facebook home page, much to my surprise, all the sidebar advertising, banner ads were GONE! Don't know how long that will last, but it was nice to be able to read a full page without all that garbage and pop-up crap in the margins.........maybe it is my lousy internet connection, maybe it's my 2005 computer wobbling on its last gasp of digital air.
I do have to agree with Kim, it has been mostly fun so far........
MY HOTMAIL ACCOUNT DOES THE SAME!
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down