Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 Cox_ba12

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 Empty
Live on Patrol

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38

Go down

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 Empty Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:58 am

Getting my Tower Hobbys 40 plane back got me thinking R/C again.

So, with Dolly singing tunes on the boom box I got out a plane that Kim sent me a long time ago and got the batteries charging along with my son's model p-51 that he flew while in Colorado. It's the same plane that got crumpled (note the horizontal stab) while being transported from Colorado to here while in a pair of classic Mustangs by the 18 wheeler that rear-ended the carrier.

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011521
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011520
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011519

I plan on fixing the horizontal stab and at least running them up and down the driveway a couple of times.

And, SIG just sent me an email with a tracking # for the balsa airfoils I ordered a couple of months ago. Now I can get started on a simplified version of my P-38.

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011522

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 Empty Re: Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38

Post  Kim Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:21 am

AWRIGHT!!!! I've often wondered about the old "Cherokee-ish Sport Plane"!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 Empty Re: Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Kim wrote:AWRIGHT!!!!  I've often wondered about the old "Cherokee-ish Sport Plane"!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yeah, arrived safely in a huge box packed to survive a bomb blast.  

I slapped in an Enya .19 and a Hitec Focus 4 radio.  Both fit it well.  You can't kill those Hitec radios.  I have four of a certain vintage and they all keep humming along even after a period of no use.  I charged it for about 16 hours and it works fine powering all four servos like it was just used yesterday.  I'm attracted to the design of that model.  Looks like an airplane.  

Mark's Airtronics/Sanwa no so.  Dead as any.  It would need new batteries to work.  No need, I have better radios to put in it.  The P-51 pretty sorry too.  Damage to the tail section is much worse than I first thought.  Probably going to pull the whole assembly to make it right.

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011523
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011524
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011525
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011527
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011526
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011528

No taxi test today.  Tropical storm Ida says no.  Working on about 4 inches of rain so far with more to come.

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011529
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:50 pm

OhMyGosh that looks nice, I need to move somewhere that actually gets normal rain.

I really like the Dago Red. I got to see the full size one race one time. In the picture of it upside down and charging I think I see a 4 stroke muffler sticking out. What engine has it got? I had a Saito .56 on an Extra 300s that was a blast. Never had a lick of trouble with that engine.

Watch those batteries closely though, even on the Focus that charged OK. It might be a good idea to pull the antenna up and just turn the transmitter on and see how long it goes before loosing it. Nickle Metal Hydrides will loose a surface charge quickly then should stay at a good working voltage for a good while before dropping off. Just a suggestion.
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:32 am

It's an OS FS-70S. Found the box for it, easier than going up to the loft to check.

While looking for the box I found this OS 40-LA I had forgotten about. Picture doesn't do it justice, but this engine is pretty! I can't say that about many of these model engine lumps other than maybe the Hollands and Evolutions.

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011530
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011531

NiCads. I will run them through a few cycles before running it around the driveway. Even if I could I would't think of putting it in the air as it is.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:18 pm

I went out this morning with the best intentions to crank up the Enya .19 and taxi it around a bit. Maybe even in a straight line raise it up a couple of feet before chopping the throttle and letting it settle back down. I'm pretty good here east/west for distance but n/s is all confining trees and ridges.

Went to turn the prop and it wasn't having any of it. Locked up tight. Not just finger tight that a dab of Remoil would loosen up but Tight! Even two of the three wheels are castor locked. I darned sure didn't clean it or the engine up last time I used it. Going to take removal and heat to loosen it up.

Good looking plane. All hinges are stitched (I'm not a fan) but they work perfectly. Gave the radio a range check with both antennas retractred and the control services were waving at me from 50 yards away. Thinking the batteries are ok.

Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011532
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011534
Kim, Dolly Parton, my son, and my P-38 P1011533

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Im sure this is well known and I think its what you are getting at about the locked up motor and not having cleaned it. Since I have started making my own fuel with Straight Castor and no synth or detergents at all, I have started having to clean/flush my tanks and engine after use. They havent locked up on me as they havent been left long, but bits of Castor in NV, fuel tank tubes a bit blocked,...... Still not hard to do the simple maint.

I wish I still had/could find my mid 1970 period 2.5CC Enya glow engines. they were great engines. Just ran and ran and kept running and I certainly didnt treat them well. Lol.

Must be great having room at home to fly or at least do narrow straight line taxi with a bit of flight etc. cheers Airplane

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:50 pm

There is a park across the way from where I an but I don't think they would like my flying my Extra there, even thought it's real quiet. I basically go some 20 miles or so to the east where there are some big retention basins that are nice and big and grassy. No alcohol engines allowed there but electrics are a go. It's a pretty popular spot for the local electric flyers.

Oh!.. by the way, that LA 40 does look real nice. I remember when those came out, almost had to by one they just looked so cool. Cool
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down