Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

test stands - Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test.  Streak video too - Page 2 Cox_ba12

test stands - Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test.  Streak video too - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 10:52 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 5:36 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:34 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Tue May 07, 2024 7:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

test stands - Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test.  Streak video too - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test. Streak video too

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

test stands - Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test.  Streak video too - Page 2 Empty Re: Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test. Streak video too

Post  JPvelo Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:27 am

RknRusty wrote:
JPvelo wrote:I buy my bladder tubing at a fishing supply store, they sell it as 1/8.

Jim
No kidding, thanks for the tip. I've got a good fishing outfitter nearby. I'll check it out, because I'm down to my last 10 inches of the stuff. I used to change them all the time, but now I just rinse them with alcohol, squeeze it out and use them a bunch of times. What sort of use do they sell it for? The big stuff makes great slingshot rubber.
I don't know what they use it for. I've been doing the alcohol trick with my bladders and it works great, thanks for the tip.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

test stands - Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test.  Streak video too - Page 2 Empty Re: Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test. Streak video too

Post  RknRusty Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:27 am

jorigger wrote:
Hello Rusty,
I thank you for all the information and for the information that you gave me.
I've got in touch with Mr. Hank Nystrom, for buy from him all the parts that i need to build the fuel bladder, i want buy from him also the fine needle valve.
Thanks also for the information of the propeller, and wait from you the photos, when you can.
Regards
Giuseppe - Italy
Hi Giuseppe, here are closeup pictures of my bladder holder. I cut a rectangle of this material so that its circumference will be large enough so as not to constrict the inflated bladder. This is very important. Any constriction will cause false pressure and affect your engine performance badly.

I them fold it in half on a piece of paper and epoxy the edge. When the glue sets, I use scissors to cut the paper away, leaving the small strip that you see in the photo. I thread a zip tie through the mesh and lightly secure it to the medium sized fuel line where it connects to the filter. The filter has a plastic hook, that I secure to the fuselage with two more zip ties. The rear end of the mesh bag is secured with a string to the fuselage behind the wing. I usually position it so the paper strip is hidden from view.

It's positioned so the center of the full bladder is right on the C/G. Sometimes I put it under the wing out of sight. I fill the bladder from the end that connects to the needle valve. After you fill the bladder, let a small amount of fuel squirt back out to back wash the filter. After you fly, when you clean the plane, fill the bladder with alcohol and let it squirt out, and squeeze it as dry as you can. This will preserve the bladder so you can use it several times. I've used the same one for a month or more.

test stands - Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test.  Streak video too - Page 2 Wp_20110

test stands - Took the Li'l Satan to the field for a re-test.  Streak video too - Page 2 Wp_20111

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2