Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Cox_ba12

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

"Spook" can it be done?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Empty Here are the rib templates that I have

Post  happydad Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:48 pm

All: Here are the rib templates that I have. The Top one is what Ron and I were going to use at first, but we thought the chord was too thick for a TD .020 engine and I thinned the chord to the bottom template. As you can see the top template is the same as the wing profile so you would have to thin the rib the thickness of the sheeting on both sides, usually 1/16 inch sheet balsa. The 2nd idea was to use a 1/4 inch triangular balsa piece for the leading edge and shape it for best wing profile and use 1/16 inch balsa sheeting on the trailing edge and shape the trailing edge as well. In the end we went with a "D" shaped leading edge and a triangular piece for the trailing edge and cut the appropriate amount off the ribs. It was easier to slot the leading and trailing edges and insert the ribs than trying to shape both leading and trailing edges to match the profile of the ribs-wing.
NOTE: On the bottom rib template the top shape is more uniform than the bottom so I would copy the top side, then turn the template over and copy the top side, now reversed, to the bottom of the ribs as you cut them. I used a jig saw to cut up to 4 sheets of ribs at a time, reversing the template each time.
   Also note a 1/8 X 1/4 slot shown on the top and bottom of the rib template. I used a 1/8 X 1/4 inch piece of spruce hardwood for wing reinforcement. A 1/8 X 1/8 inch piece could be used to save a little weight.
I also considered using lightening holes or slots in each rib, but it seemed that would make the balsa rib too weak.
Two Cents

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Spook010
Top rib 6 inch X 1 1/8 inch thickness, bottom rib 6 inch X 15/16 inch thickness. adjust ruler accordingly.

See above posts for other pictures of the original Spook .020 build

happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Empty Re: "Spook" can it be done?

Post  ekitten2 Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:30 pm

kools...i always thought the spook was a 0.49 powered machine..as that is what i was hopeing to builds...i only have one 020 bee an its in use already
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Empty it is, fullsize

Post  happydad Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:52 pm

ekitten2 wrote:kools...i always thought  the spook was a 0.49 powered  machine..as that is what i was hopeing to builds...i only have one  020 bee  an its in use already

the fullsize 24 inch version was for the .049, but Ron C. wanted a smaller version for the TD .020, so I made the smaller rib, and slightly smaller Spook .020 plane.

HD RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

I may have that in 1/2A ekitten2 Pdf. file let me LOOK   "Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Spook_10 Still looking ... "Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Thumb-10  No NO no  "Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Anot_c10 I guess Not give me a minute. Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:52 pm

My Spook don't look nothing like that one ???  "Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Spook_11  This is on paper 's and I don't remember where I got it from right off. If there was a Pdf. file I don't have it could have came in the mail??  Eric ? OK I found it at HPB far right http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/search.php?show_result=1&mode=search&action=removefromlightbox&id=2789

Last edited by getback on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link to wrong plane)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  faif2d Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:46 pm

I have sent the Spook plan to Hip Pocket and it is now on line if anyone wants a copy. I tried to add the Mine Nemesis but Ratz says that model airplane news is still selling the plan. I have another practice 1/2A plane that was in the MACA news letter years ago and I will send that one to Hip Pocket if I can find a copy. It was actually a better design than the Mine Nemesis.
faif2d
faif2d
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

"Spook" can it be done? - Page 4 Empty Fullsize Plans

Post  happydad Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 pm

faif2d wrote:I have sent the Spook plan to Hip Pocket and it is now on line if anyone wants a copy.  I tried to add the Mine Nemesis but Ratz says that model airplane news is still selling the plan.  I have another practice 1/2A plane that was in the MACA news letter years ago and I will send that one to Hip Pocket if I can find a copy.  It was actually a better design than the Mine Nemesis.

Ron C. and I both have fullsize drawings of the original Spook. The plans are roughly 4 x 6 feet. If any one is interested I can scan portions of the plan at 8 1/2 X 11 inches or 11 x 14 inches and send the files, or I can send you the original print ONLY if you promise not to build over the plan. What I did was copied each section I was working on, cut and pasted the 8 1/2 x 11 inch sections together and put a layer of waxed paper on top and built over that.

happydad RC Plane Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad!
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 am

faif2d wrote:I have sent the Spook plan to Hip Pocket and it is now on line if anyone wants a copy.  I tried to add the Mine Nemesis but Ratz says that model airplane news is still selling the plan.  I have another practice 1/2A plane that was in the MACA news letter years ago and I will send that one to Hip Pocket if I can find a copy.  It was actually a better design than the Mine Nemesis.

This is the email I received from Steven Fauble...

"Please feel free to send this around to the rest of the guys that are interested."

Along with that note was a copy of the 1/2A Nemisis plans. Pretty sure Steve is the designer so if he is willing to share the plans then Hip Pocket shouldn't have any beef about it.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  faif2d Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:33 am

Yes I am the designer of the Mini Nemesis but I think Ratz does not want any hassle. As I said the Whetstone MK IV is a better flying plane and I hope that it will be up soon. I had a Sickle F2D design that when scaled down made and even better design but I can not find a plan so I guess that 1/2A will remain unpublished.
faif2d
faif2d
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:07 pm

faif2d wrote:Yes I am the designer of the Mini Nemesis but I think Ratz does not want any hassle.  As I said the Whetstone MK IV is a better flying plane and I hope that it will be up soon.  I had a Sickle F2D design that when scaled down made and even better design but I can not find a plan so I guess that 1/2A will remain unpublished.

Well, don't I feel dumb now Embarassed

I think I understand a little better. I guess it's not a big deal as those who want the plan will still have access.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  faif2d Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:50 pm

I just added the plan of the Whetstone IV to my gallery. It is not very clear but if you Right click and "save as" somewhere on your computer it becomes clear. The ribs tail and stuff are full size with a dimensioned drawing of the plan form. It does tend to come out tail heavy with a teedee so keep the aft end as light as possible. I had machined some brass spinners and that helped with the CG on all the combat planes.
faif2d
faif2d
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Well Thank You for the input and designs Sir, and could you or some one supply the link Please , Eric Airplane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  faif2d Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:15 pm

faif2d
faif2d
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Thank You ! saved
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 am

Did You get this Robbasdog ... http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/details.php?image_id=7942&mode=search Thanks to faif2d , getback This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbasdog Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Yep, got that, many thanks! The photo-construction is a great help too, it's been a few years since I made any balsa-dust, so I guess I'm back on the learning curve again.
Robbasdog
Robbasdog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4