Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Cox_ba12

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Empty
Live on Patrol

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Empty Re: Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"!

Post  Kim Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 am

Our buddy Dan posted this over on the Stunt Hangar site:

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Fly_it10

OK...maybe this will work better !!

Just a quick blurb here to ask you guys to check out the Events section for the contest announcement for our up coming Annual Broken Arrow Stunt and Scale Contest at historic Buder Park in Valley Park, Mo. on September 20 and 21, 2014. I have received official Okie Dokie from our CR, Bob Arata, to announce that there will be a gathering of anyone who has a Cox PT-19 to put up some flights of the historic favorite trainer model after all contest flying has been completed for the day. I have also posted in the 1/2A section of Stunthanger also in a thread about the Cox PT-19 event. I wouldn't mind if anyone brought any kind of Cox or other plastic RTF to put up a flight on that afternoon. I have a sorta ok Cox Stuka that I have always wanted to fly just to prove I can, since that was my first gas powered model airplane but fell victim to the dread half-lap-to-a-wingover-and-crash syndrome that a lot of us experienced as we tried to win our wings! Check out the information posted at the other sections and if you can, come out and enjoy the festivities!
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Empty Re: Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"!

Post  RknRusty Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:59 am

Good to see the word is spreading. I sent an alert out to the Carolina gang, of which we have a good many 1/2A enthusiasts. Unfortunately our 1/2A day at Huntersville has been rescheduled for November. It was originally September 20th, so we won't have a PT gathering.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:36 pm

RknRusty wrote:Good to see the word is spreading. I sent an alert out to the Carolina gang, of which we have a good many 1/2A enthusiasts. Unfortunately our 1/2A day at Huntersville has been rescheduled for November. It was originally September 20th, so we won't have a PT gathering.
Rusty

Man...ain't there a way to get some of them out to your circle next to the church for some flying, photos, and a Pizza Run?!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Tomorrow should be a "hoot" over at my house here in Rhode Island... I am "ill-prepared"... but have no excuses. My old Cox PT19 Flight-Trainer is lurking in the distance on my cluttered workbench.

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 9-19-110

It needs a fuel tank.. and I have some new 6 x 2 L/H (stock) props to use. (there's currently a 6 x 3 R/H on it) I'll be flying in a tight (less than 50 feet) circle.. (probably with Dacron lines) pathetic.... Embarassed   but I will take pics/video. I brought home two 4' x 8' corrugated cardboard panels today from work.. for an R.O.G. runway using my pin-stooge. Wish me luck.. I'll need it!! Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Roddie,

There is no judging going on here. Just make it happen and have fun doing it!!!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:09 pm

roddie wrote: I'll be flying in a tight (less than 50 feet) circle.. (probably with Dacron lines) pathetic.... Embarassed   

Heck! I put together a handle with dacron just for the Retro of it !!!! BACK TO THE 60's !!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 pm

I think mine is ready. I just came in from test running the engine, using the snap-on original tank. It needed a lot of work on the fuselage. Some fiber tape shored up some cracks. Sealed the tape with fingernail clear. Bent new LG and added some light wide Dubro grass tires. Braced the pushrod. Unbelievable how thin and wobbly it was.

The engine is a new red crankcase and a Bee crank with a new style short piston SPI and a Merlin head. Got the Surestart snorkel on it. I tested it with a 6x3 rubber ducky. It sure ran slow, I guess it's okay. I'll test with a 5x3 tomorrow when the neighbors aren't sleeping. Pretty solid I think. My son is driving over to Columbia to participate too. Holley is also in on it. They mowed the church yard today.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Probably not as slow as you think. Kim ran up his QZ a couple weeks back and I thought it would never get off the ground. I was wrong.

After running Tach engines and bladder fed stunt engines the bees seem like slugs. They can still make it happen though.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Kim wrote:Heck!  I put together a handle with dacron just for the Retro of it !!!!   BACK TO THE 60's !!!!!!!!!!
Why didn't *I* think of that!   DAMMIT!

The Thoughtless Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 am

And 'The Day' begins....

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 1_54

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 3_50
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 am

Well since were not being judged ( thank God ) I had a PT-19 as my first plane and got a lot of flight time (crash) in with it , But that was a looong time ago. And not to beg borrow or steel ......Well this has been hard on my neck but have not give up ,But may bee tomorrow before this sees air time . One week is short build time for ME..My stupid NECK hurt so bad yesterday my dad and I done some erron running and then I had to hit the sauce to loosing up Beer Cheers And drunken Didn't get any building done but this is going to bee a better day not much left to do ......... Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Pt-19_21 Affraid or WOW!   Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Pt-19_22  Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Pt-19_23  Maybe that is why theres not a Woman in the house!! Paranoid  Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Pt-19_24  Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Pt-19_25  One More  Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"! - Page 5 Pt-19_26 Smile Smile Getback
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:15 am

If you can get it finished you can cook on a thin coat of paint to fly, then remove it with acetone later. The last details, control system and all are what usually stall me when I think I'm almost done. Hope the neck loosens up, I can empathize with you on that.

I test ran mine again with a 5-1/4" prop. It runs pretty good. Very stable. Ron, you're right, I'm just used to the little screamers.

Yay, It's PT-19 Day!

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5