Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox .020 Skycopter fuel tank replacement
by Ken Cook Today at 7:56 am

» Out of ideas - Help :(
by getback Today at 7:38 am

» The Goldberg Ranger's Continuing Saga...a bit more work going on...
by getback Today at 7:22 am

» Laying off building planes for a while.
by batjac Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Free brothers ink cartridge
by fredvon4 Yesterday at 12:33 pm

» If you thought that USPS was bad ...
by fredvon4 Yesterday at 12:32 pm

» Cox Engine Forum Speed Contest 2018!!!
by modelbuilder49 Yesterday at 12:19 pm

» Ronnie's engines
by getback Yesterday at 9:17 am

» The new W-196 arrives......finally
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:14 am

» Vintage U control tether car
by Mark Boesen Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2018
1/2A Nut's

"Speedy Teedy .020"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"!

Post  Kim on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 am

Our buddy Dan posted this over on the Stunt Hangar site:

OK...maybe this will work better !!

Just a quick blurb here to ask you guys to check out the Events section for the contest announcement for our up coming Annual Broken Arrow Stunt and Scale Contest at historic Buder Park in Valley Park, Mo. on September 20 and 21, 2014. I have received official Okie Dokie from our CR, Bob Arata, to announce that there will be a gathering of anyone who has a Cox PT-19 to put up some flights of the historic favorite trainer model after all contest flying has been completed for the day. I have also posted in the 1/2A section of Stunthanger also in a thread about the Cox PT-19 event. I wouldn't mind if anyone brought any kind of Cox or other plastic RTF to put up a flight on that afternoon. I have a sorta ok Cox Stuka that I have always wanted to fly just to prove I can, since that was my first gas powered model airplane but fell victim to the dread half-lap-to-a-wingover-and-crash syndrome that a lot of us experienced as we tried to win our wings! Check out the information posted at the other sections and if you can, come out and enjoy the festivities!
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting Ready for the September 20th "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day"!

Post  RknRusty on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:59 am

Good to see the word is spreading. I sent an alert out to the Carolina gang, of which we have a good many 1/2A enthusiasts. Unfortunately our 1/2A day at Huntersville has been rescheduled for November. It was originally September 20th, so we won't have a PT gathering.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:36 pm

RknRusty wrote:Good to see the word is spreading. I sent an alert out to the Carolina gang, of which we have a good many 1/2A enthusiasts. Unfortunately our 1/2A day at Huntersville has been rescheduled for November. It was originally September 20th, so we won't have a PT gathering.
Rusty

Man...ain't there a way to get some of them out to your circle next to the church for some flying, photos, and a Pizza Run?!
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Tomorrow should be a "hoot" over at my house here in Rhode Island... I am "ill-prepared"... but have no excuses. My old Cox PT19 Flight-Trainer is lurking in the distance on my cluttered workbench.

It needs a fuel tank.. and I have some new 6 x 2 L/H (stock) props to use. (there's currently a 6 x 3 R/H on it) I'll be flying in a tight (less than 50 feet) circle.. (probably with Dacron lines) pathetic.... Embarassed   but I will take pics/video. I brought home two 4' x 8' corrugated cardboard panels today from work.. for an R.O.G. runway using my pin-stooge. Wish me luck.. I'll need it!! Laughing
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Roddie,

There is no judging going on here. Just make it happen and have fun doing it!!!
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:09 pm

roddie wrote: I'll be flying in a tight (less than 50 feet) circle.. (probably with Dacron lines) pathetic.... Embarassed   

Heck! I put together a handle with dacron just for the Retro of it !!!! BACK TO THE 60's !!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 pm

I think mine is ready. I just came in from test running the engine, using the snap-on original tank. It needed a lot of work on the fuselage. Some fiber tape shored up some cracks. Sealed the tape with fingernail clear. Bent new LG and added some light wide Dubro grass tires. Braced the pushrod. Unbelievable how thin and wobbly it was.

The engine is a new red crankcase and a Bee crank with a new style short piston SPI and a Merlin head. Got the Surestart snorkel on it. I tested it with a 6x3 rubber ducky. It sure ran slow, I guess it's okay. I'll test with a 5x3 tomorrow when the neighbors aren't sleeping. Pretty solid I think. My son is driving over to Columbia to participate too. Holley is also in on it. They mowed the church yard today.
Rusty

RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Probably not as slow as you think. Kim ran up his QZ a couple weeks back and I thought it would never get off the ground. I was wrong.

After running Tach engines and bladder fed stunt engines the bees seem like slugs. They can still make it happen though.

Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Kim wrote:Heck!  I put together a handle with dacron just for the Retro of it !!!!   BACK TO THE 60's !!!!!!!!!!
Why didn't *I* think of that!   DAMMIT!

The Thoughtless Mark
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 am

And 'The Day' begins....

Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 am

Well since were not being judged ( thank God ) I had a PT-19 as my first plane and got a lot of flight time (crash) in with it , But that was a looong time ago. And not to beg borrow or steel ......Well this has been hard on my neck but have not give up ,But may bee tomorrow before this sees air time . One week is short build time for ME..My stupid NECK hurt so bad yesterday my dad and I done some erron running and then I had to hit the sauce to loosing up Beer Cheers And drunken Didn't get any building done but this is going to bee a better day not much left to do ......... affraid      Maybe that is why theres not a Woman in the house!! Paranoid      One More   Smile Smile Getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:15 am

If you can get it finished you can cook on a thin coat of paint to fly, then remove it with acetone later. The last details, control system and all are what usually stall me when I think I'm almost done. Hope the neck loosens up, I can empathize with you on that.

I test ran mine again with a 5-1/4" prop. It runs pretty good. Very stable. Ron, you're right, I'm just used to the little screamers.

Yay, It's PT-19 Day!

RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5