Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Run what YA brung contest...?????? Cox_ba12

Run what YA brung contest...?????? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 11:51 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Run what YA brung contest...?????? Empty
Live on Patrol

Run what YA brung contest...??????

Go down

Run what YA brung contest...?????? Empty Run what YA brung contest...??????

Post  fredvon4 Tue May 21, 2019 11:50 am

I have two PMs asking to extend contest dates....That said, I am considering an extension to increase participation

Since I have $500 at risk and MY desired end state was MAX participation (quite frankly I am very disappointed)
And to be certain I am NOT disappointed in the current participants...   does Paul G ( and others in his class) think he/they is too expert to enter?????

Are the rules too goofy or subjective?    I would actually like some feedback here

All the usual suspects stepped up and I am grateful for the logs and vids so far...

but seriously guys...$500 is a lot of scratch

I am inclined to extend the end date to October 31.... BUT I know a few of you put a best effort into the current rules,...... so if there is a significant objections I will honor the current rules

Bottom line---- I will monitor this thread for one week to sense the participants opinions... be harsh, be brutal, be kind, but do let me know where we are
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Run what YA brung contest...?????? Empty Re: Run what YA brung contest...??????

Post  Marleysky Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm

I for one would not mind the date extension. Don't hava excuse for not getting anything done, started, video documented, or posted. Good excuses are the weather was too cold, too wet and too windy to fly so far. Got side tracked on the RockerBooster/Jato aspect and diverted too much time to FaceBook searches. I could use more time.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue May 21, 2019 1:11 pm

the pm both related bad local wx prevented participation......
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue May 21, 2019 1:33 pm

Fred,

I intended to provide an entry, my job has been making my free time very limited. When I am home I have been putting out fires that have been left waiting for me.

That said, if the date was extended to Oct then I will make a better effort. I do understand your pain though, I have roughly half of the the original participation for CATS then when we started.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Tue May 21, 2019 3:05 pm

I think I will try. My field isn't open, and requires a muffler. I guess I can sneak in mufflerless after the gate is open. A week is pushing it for any experimenting. Of course one flight on grass may be all that will happen when it does the cartwheel. I think a month more is good? I suppose I could hurry up to eliminate the competition with the current date too:-)
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue May 21, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm running wide open at work, and trying to fix a car for my 16 yo, while working my retirement from the military.
With that said, I'm also feverishly trying to get my entry prepped. Here it is without controls...but elevator is cut/sanded. A bottle or tube needs to be rubberbanded down for a balloon fuel cell. And I need to source my JATO supplies...I think I may have to buy a pack of engines. Oh, and I'm experimenting with Deft wood sealer under airbrushed dope! Bright red or orange....something to stand out in a video!
I'm hoping to spin around this weekend!Run what YA brung contest...?????? Img_2134
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue May 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Fred,

I intended to provide an entry, my job has been making my free time very limited. When I am home I have been putting out fires that have been left waiting for me.

That said, if the date was extended to Oct then I will make a better effort. I do understand your pain though, I have roughly half of the the original participation for CATS then when we started.

Ron

Don't leave those fires unattended Ron. Other stuff can wait.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Tue May 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Well, if you extend the date, I'll have to build another plane and try to put up a winning time. I wanted to get two or three more flights on my Beginner's RM with different props, but had no time between the last flight and the end of the month. But, I'm okay either way. I have flights in so the current date is okay. Or an extension and I'll try harder.

The Leaf on the Wind Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 pm

Oh, and I plan on entering even if DQ'd by rules. It will be a rotary Cox. It will be in 42' lines. It will have JATO! I WILL have fun!
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Thu May 23, 2019 2:06 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I have two PMs asking to extend contest dates....That said, I am considering an extension to increase participation.  Since I have $500 at risk and MY desired end state was MAX participation (quite frankly I am very disappointed) And to be certain I am NOT disappointed in the current participants ...
I am inclined to extend the end date to October 31.... BUT I know a few of you put a best effort into the current rules,...... so if there is a significant objections I will honor the current rules
Bottom line---- I will monitor this thread for one week to sense the participants opinions... be harsh, be brutal, be kind, but do let me know where we are

Fred, allow me to pen what's on my mind freely, please  Neutral !  Although this competition was and is based upon your best intentions for the group, I'm a bit frustrated  Shocked .  When it was first put forth, I agreed and did my best to participate and due to a "lack of interest" and or "lack of motivation" on the part of others, you awarded me the prize; for which I am truly grateful.  Then you graciously proposed a second event and put forth a date.  Again, I agreed and stepped up but due to another case of "lack of interest" and or "lack of motivation" on the part of others", there was a request to postpone the event to which you allowed.  While I didn't think it was right then, I conceded to the new date, 31 May 2019 and have, with regard to my personal commitments to others, been slowly progressing to meet the deadline.

Remember, as originally proposed, the event wasn't about the money or the prizes .... it was supposed to be for the fun of it and for the "Braggin Rights", wasn't it?  I loved that idea  Very Happy !!  Heck, take the money out of it and see who will remain faithful and still participate for the fun and "Braggin' Rights"  Cool !!  I'll still be there, God Willing  Smile !!

Sir, I don't want to upset you or the others within the community, but I don't believe a second rescheduling is appropriate and founded What? .  Yes, people get busy, we all have lives, families, community commitments, jobs, and even health issues to deal with and so forth.  Lord knows, there are enough things that can and do happen which are completely out of our control such as the weather, illness, job requirements and so forth  Crying or Very sad .

Your desire to seek maximum participation is truly commendable and I agree with it, in spirit, but over my 70 years of life experience, I have found that, for the most part, human beings are generally unreliable for any myriad reasons Doh! .  As such, should those who hold their commitment to "do" whatever is requested be repeatedly put on hold or delayed to accommodate those who can't or won't reschedule "their efforts" to "do" whatever is requested?

For example, should the NFL postpone the annual Superbowl game due to the stadium being only 25% full  Huh...  Should a birthday party not be held just because the cake it too small?? How about a community not have their local election results certified because only 15-25 % of the voters showed up  Huh... ?  Or more basically, not keeping a promise to a neighbor because there was no handshake Huh... ?

While the final decision is most certainly yours and I will nevertheless abide by your decision, I ask you to give serious thought to your final decision and let the date stand  Huh...  .  From past participation, there is absolutely no guarantee that those who have, repeatedly, in the past, said "they would" .... will show up  Doh! .  Quite to the contrary, you could likely lose those who would have participated in the first place  Sad Goodbye .  As you, over my life, I've found that IF folk want to do something bad enough, they usually find a way to get it or do it  Shocked . Well, all said, please don't be upset with me ... this is just one man's thoughts concerning reliability and trust versus human nature!  Thumbs Up .

Jim Carter
Titusville, FL
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Thu May 23, 2019 7:47 pm

The northern states and Canada are not into the flying season yet. Our field is a swamp as is most of Michigan. I am hoping to get out in the next week, but won't be walking out 1/4 mile with a heavy toolbox. We do have 6 months of winter in much of the world. Otherwise I can see your point. Another month is fine with me, October is not needed. I made up some lines yesterday. I plan on using the same old modified mouse with two motors am a bit concerned about posting a video. Pics are no problem I can survive without the prize money. hopefully? Not too harsh or brutal?
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Run what YA brung contest...?????? Empty Extended to 31 July 2019

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:04 am

Run what ya brung* Unlimited speed contest
Gentleman's rules

Winners by CEF popular vote

Voting* between 30 April and 30 May

Poll and voting to commence 1 Aug.. Winners announced no later than 31 Aug

Paying winners to three places for each of the two classes...REED and FISE
$100 cash PayPal or snail mail
$75
$50

Bonus points* for documenting the build and testing

If we can NOT get 5 or more CEF members ( or non members) to participate and compete this will be my last attempt

Please see post

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t12305-2018-to-2019-cef-run-what-ya-brung-unlimited-speed-contest

for more complete information
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Phew! A momentary reprieve...I'll just say the last 18 months of my life have been woefully un-planned, marginally managed, and never boring!

I still need to paint OR clear the 944_JATO in order to put fuel in it. In the interest of time I had considered just a spray PU finish (bleck!). Now I have a bit of time to put a (hopefully) more attractive finish on it.

So, thanks for the extension!

944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Awesome Shocked Mad !  Right in the middle of my vacation/family reunion time .... not to mention "optimum" heat .... "hot" Damn!  and prime hurricane season for Florida Doh! Doh!

Well, if I can ... I will otherwise .... Sad Goodbye Sad Goodbye
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Run what YA brung contest...?????? Empty Chill Jim

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Jim Carter
Titusville, FL

Please dude...be chilling brother........ check out the competition....you sir, are most likely to win something

wink
grrrrrr
damn

I still need video of a good hand burned Rocket Assisted Take Off ( where did the term JATO originate)(( OK I found it)) for for special credit someone need to document the original methods.....seriously the fuels were prety exotic....very well worth looking up and reading.......................

hey Jim (and everybody else) did you have enough fun to share?....CEF friends....CEF Gentlemen....CEF Values....

BTW I have competed literally dozens of times in my life for just some cheesy trophy, Kit, Fuel, or a patch

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:44 pm

I'll be happy with Braggin' Rights...and all of my fingers without ketchup, mustard and hotdog buns wrapped around them! Laughing
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:11 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Jim Carter
Titusville, FL

Please dude...be chilling brother........ check out the competition....you sir, are most likely to win something

wink
grrrrrr
damn

I still need video of a good hand burned Rocket Assisted Take Off ( where did the term JATO originate)(( OK I found it)) for for special credit someone need to document the original methods.....seriously the fuels were prety  exotic....very well worth looking up and reading.......................

hey Jim (and everybody else) did you have enough fun to share?....CEF friends....CEF Gentlemen....CEF Values....

BTW I have competed literally dozens of times in my life for just some cheesy trophy, Kit, Fuel, or a patch

Oh man! No sweat! I'm still chillin Laughing An ain't doin' no hatin'!! Nuttin' but loads o' fun, love and respect for you and the gang! Jus' so you know, I too have a few boxes of trophies to give away Shocked Laughing Laughing

Jim
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down