Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"Summer S.M.A.L.L." 2022 - Page 2 Cox_ba12

"Summer S.M.A.L.L." 2022 - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:37 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"Summer S.M.A.L.L." 2022 - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

"Summer S.M.A.L.L." 2022

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Summer S.M.A.L.L." 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: "Summer S.M.A.L.L." 2022

Post  Kim Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:47 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Really nice, thanks for posting Kim. The Quaker with Cox Medallion and older style sliding exhaust throttle, is that yours?

Yeah,
The plane is a Swap Meet Orphan I got several years ago. Can't remember where I got the .15.

Fun flying model though it needs a bit more washout in it's wing tips. It has a vicious stall/snap if you get too frisky with the elevator, but is otherwise pretty good-natured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhVYlxtKt5c

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:56 pm

Kim, I didn't know it was a .15, thought may be a .09, thanks for clarifying. Seems to have more than enough power. (Own a similar World Engines Robin Hood .25 stick build kit on my bucket list. Embarassed ) My old 6 channel Futaba G Series wide band transmitter had adjustable dual rates, one on the elevator channel. I'd set it for lower rates during flying, then kick it over to high rates when dead stick gliding, worked like a charm.

I loved that radio until it was obsoleted by the narrow band 72 MHz Gold Standard. Then bought a plain Jane Cirrus 4 channel (Futaba stencil for Hobby Shack) to replace it. Doh! Now I have a Futaba fancy 6 channel PCM, but a bit intimidating as I haven't studied it enough to really learn it. Huh... I'm supposed to be a computer type guy who's done more than most with automated systems (had training in all sorts of building automation systems, when at Douglas with our wind tunnel data system), yet the thought of the complicated auto stuff for R/C just for some reason turns me off. tongue

This is why I truly loved my old Ace Pulse Commander with KRD quick blip (push button) sequential throttle. (Obsoleted again by the Gold Standard.) Simplicity at its best has definite merit. Very Happy

Based on certain shots in that video, I'd say you easily have another Cox Engine of the Month ™ winner. Thumbs Up
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:15 am

Good Fun !! Like the Bi-Slob run nice touch N Go That P38 did look like a hand full , maybe a CG change would help !? Looks like the chopper came in hard but took it well LOL And man that was really close to the ground after the loop , Plenty of sunshine sunny Thanks again hope you got back home or were ever you may have gone after the event Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:46 am

getback wrote:Good Fun !! Thanks again hope you got back home or were ever you may have gone after the event Popcorn

Hey, You're Welcome Eric!

My last departure from Sky Tiger Field (they've lost their site, but are moving to another, owned by a club member) was kind of a wild affair.

Late in the day Saturday, I was getting ready for one last flight, when one of the Sky Tigers told me that the creek behind my camper was rapidly rising.  At first, I thought he was messing with me, but he had a definitely serious look on his face, and it turns out he wasn't kidding.

The water was up to my generators, and still rising, with my having no idea of how high it would get.  I went into overdrive, throwing my planes and gear in the van, and camper.  I still had to hook the van and camper back together, and was doing that when the jack on the camper failed, dumping it onto the hitch...sometimes, I think God really likes to mess with me...but at least it hooked up.

I had a bunch of help from the Sky Tigers in gathering my gear, but it still took me a half an hour to roll.  THEN, I discovered that the creek had risen over the dirt road leading to field.  I had 200 feet of mud to drive through, and suggested that everybody bail first in case I got stuck and blocked the road, but they seemed to think I'd make it.

So, with everything rumbling around in the van, I hit the gumbo as fast as I could, and was just losing traction when the front wheels grabbed the dry dirt just beyond the mud (LOVE my front-wheel drive!).

I parked up high, and went back with one of the guys to help retrieve Leo's planes from a storage building.

Finally, I followed Sky Tiger David back to his property, and camped there for the night...along with bringing a bit of order to the jumbled piles of gear in both the camper and van.

I was definitely done playing and launched early the next day, and made it home OK...making only a fuel stop, and just flopped.  I've already got a new jack, and am gonna take it all to the car wash once I get it installed and working.

So, "Fun With Toy Airplanes!!!" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:18 am

Damn Excitement right up till the end LOL Is the new place any further away ? This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:42 am

Glad to see you made it out without loss of property or anything else, Kim, and glad you made it safely back home.

Sorry to hear the event came to an abrupt halt due to such bad weather.

Do I see a Medallion .15 in the next engine of the month contest? lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:01 pm

getback wrote:Damn Excitement right up till the end LOL Is the new place any further away ? This Site Rocks!

It adds several miles for some of the Sky Tigers, but shouldn't make much difference to me.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:02 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:

Do I see a Medallion .15 in the next engine of the month contest? lol!

Hey, MAYBE... Very Happy
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:13 am

A good ending to a great tale. I've had some experiences with high water totin' around a camper. Glad you made it out and are getting your stuff lined out again.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2