Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Cox_ba12

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 10:32 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Empty Re: FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan

Post  sosam117 Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:55 pm

Bob,
Why not see if you could build a Piper Cub to fit your Fuji?
Or a Hawker Hurricane? The Hurricane had massive engine manifolds sticking out the sides?
Those planes would look interesting with that bat wing muffler?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Empty Re: FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:47 am

Either would be nice Mike, but I don't have the time to dedicate towards a scratch build so i'm pointed to a kit from my own stash.  From the loft.

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015584
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015585

I'm kind of partial to the Guillows PT-17 kit that I have protected and had for years.  Radial engine and .049 - .15 recommended.  

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015586

A very complete kit that I hate to break into.  

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015588
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015587

The Sterling and Quillows Nieuport kits would fit too.  Still thinking.

On a side note, this razorback P-51 was on my console while photographing.  A curious ebay buy from years ago, may be scratch built or from a kit but it's interesting.  I have not done a thing to it.  Ok Cub engine with OK on each bearer and a 6.5/3 white Thimble Drome prop.  

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015590
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015591
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015589
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015593
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015592

I drift my own threads.  Sad

And more drift...........the removed/cleaned RX-7 parts storage ebbs and flows.. Loft is a handy place to store things I don't want to deal with.  

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015594
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:03 am

rsv1cox wrote:On a side note, this razorback P-51 was on my console while photographing.  A curious ebay buy from years ago, may be scratch built or from a kit but it's interesting.  I have not done a thing to it.  Ok Cub engine with OK on each bearer and a 6.5/3 white Thimble Drome prop.  
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 P1015593
Bob, I have seen that somewhere, kit of the 1950's. I wonder if it may be an Enterprise half-A full molded body kit.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:57 am

It's a curious one George, canopy looks cobbled and it's planked all over. Not a hint of tissue.

Could be a Guillows or something else. Don't know. I'm about to remove one of the panels to see if there are any markers. I would like to remove the engine, haven't see a Cub marked this way. Remote tank or attached is a question.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:13 am

rsv1cox wrote:It's a curious one George, canopy looks cobbled and it's planked all over.  Not a hint of tissue.  Could be a Guillows or something else.  Don't know.  I'm about to remove one of the panels to see if there are any markers.
I've seen open box photos of earlier kits of the 1940's into the early 1950's. Some of them were rather crude when compared with standards in the 1960's. (I am speaking of flying model kits, not the static display ones.) "Here's some blocks of balsa, carve it until it looks like a fuselage." Razz

The cobbled canopy could very well have been a sheet celluloid canopy. Some of those earlier kits did not come with vacuum molded canopies. Planking a C/L job was common practice, nowadays a lost art. Many of Walt Musciano's larger than half-A scale designs, especially his C/L WW2 warbirds were planked.

Regarding lack of markings, some of those kits, you were supposed to cut out from the plan or separate printed sheet, the Air Force insignias. However they were black and white, not color. Could be the Mustang lacks these because of.

Our kits for the past 40 years have been much better in comparison. Popcorn
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:49 pm

My 25" Scientific Cessna 170 profile C/L kit came in yesterday.

¡Esto es tan asombroso, mira! This is so amazing, look!
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 2023-130

My conjecture that this was a good plane for my Fox .09 Rocket was correct! Cool lol! This Site Rocks!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:09 am

That is a curious kit George, maybe quite rare? I have not seen another like it.

What are your plans?

Lost out on this Fuji last night. Made my usual one-time bid. Started at $29.00, I bid $51.00 and forgot it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235055738700?nma=true&si=SsTegNYCCg%252BMI5gUSdf5a9%252FVTYg%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Lost_f10

It's alright............bid on another. Way cooler. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:39 am

rsv1cox wrote:That is a curious kit George, maybe quite rare?  I have not seen another like it.  What are your plans?
I don't like to announce my plans ahead of time until I do them. In this case, my OP ORD 4 for mobilizing is using a clothes iron dry on mild heat, remove the plan wrinkles and smooth the folds. Then take it to a local printer, have them make me a couple paper copies and also digitize it into graphic file for sharing including the decals, so others can use it.

The plan has sufficient details on it including a full size wing half, stabilizer half and wire landing gear layout, so one can essentially clone the plane. The cowling can be done Walt style by a simple metal one from an aluminum can sheet metal or built up from balsa. The back side is an ad for about two dozen of their kits of the time, several I haven't seen yet, which were discontinued apparently several years after. Plan has a 1962 date on it.

Regarding the kit, I plan to build it.

Regarding the outer wing ribs, one could simply make all using the fuselage elevation. Then simply trim the back side of the rib to proper length where wing trailing edge tapers. Hit the back of those ribs with a block of sandpaper to smooth, now the outer ribs nicely blend into the trailing edge.

FRAGO forthcoming.

rsv1cox wrote:Lost out on this Fuji last night.  Made my usual one-time bid.  Started at $29.00, I bid $51.00 and forgot it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/235055738700
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Lost_f10

It's alright............bid on another.  Way cooler.  Smile
Bob, that SR is their Schneurle true ABC version, not ABN.
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 2023-034
My spreadsheet table of small engine specs, pink is extrapolated. O.H. is my "on hand".

It is actually a .11 in its rarer form as a C/L or F/F engine. Those who had them loved them.

Here is one that you may (or may not, kind of pricey) be interested in, BIN $277.54 with offers allowed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204373028602 Vintage FUJI 099jr 2-cycle glow engine valuable wing muffler
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 S-l16030

It is missing the NVA and venturi, but Bob Brooks (Ebay shtterman) along with others may have something that works.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:21 pm

That’s nice the plan has the .09 detail on it George…. I like the art work of the old hand drawn plans…. The wood from the kit photo looks like some nice C grain for the elevator….. Probably stab and fin in the same sheet…. Will be nice and stable
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:49 pm

There is controversy surrounding that engine George.  That is actually sosams engine, lifted picture same serial number and all.  Mike and I have been in touch about it.  They are the same people that I bought my "Batwing" engine from.  I contacted them about it but heard nothing back.  I was considering an offer until.......
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:46 pm

rsv1cox wrote:There is controversy surrounding that engine George.  That is actually sosams engine, lifted picture same serial number and all.  Mike and I have been in touch about it.  They are the same people that I bought my "Batwing" engine from.  I contacted them about it but heard nothing back.  I was considering an offer until.......
Sad ... Isn't there a link where Mike (photo owner) can report illegal stuff (copyright violation and misrepresentation of an item) to E-Bay's management team? Huh...
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:28 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:There is controversy surrounding that engine George.  That is actually sosams engine, lifted picture same serial number and all.  Mike and I have been in touch about it.  They are the same people that I bought my "Batwing" engine from.  I contacted them about it but heard nothing back.  I was considering an offer until.......
Sad ... Isn't there a link where Mike (photo owner) can report illegal stuff (copyright violation and misrepresentation of an item) to E-Bay's management team? Huh...

Strange?
Bob pointed out to me that Fuji .099 was on Ebay.
Same photos and all?

I posted those photos three months ago after I won the engine a month earlier from that same seller that is currently selling this "new" one? (On Japan Yahoo Auction site)
My posting was trying to find/purchase from the Japan Yahoo auction site (like the RC Groups classified) an original Fuji .099 carb for it.
In my posting I was asking for the original carb. and if I could not find/purchase one I'll just modify an Enya .09 carb.
The Seller has posted that much on the Ebay posting.

Now when the Seller posted it both on Ebay (for $278) and the Japan Yahoo auction site ($109.00)
The description was exactly how I posted it looking for a carburetor?

I contacted the seller on the Japan Yahoo auction site and the Buyee proxy service (agents) I use of this issue of the same photos of the engine I purchased months ago now being used again to sell an already sold engine?

Two days ago, I got an email from Buyee that the problem was taken care of and the seller told them that he was selling an engine that is in the same similar condition as the one I have, and he has not photographed that engine yet, but he will as soon as possible.

I just looked today (6/26/23) and that seller on Yahoo auction has reposted the engine with the same photos but now he has no description of the carb missing and like the first posting where he had my description on the posting?

Maybe he does have an engine in a similar condition?
I hope so?

Seller name different on Ebay as it is in the Yahoo (Buyee) auction site.
One positive thing there is if you pay about $5.00 you purchase item insurance.
If the item doesn't match what was posted, you get your money back minus the $5.00 you paid for the insurance and Buyee's $3.00 proxy bidding fee.

I have had to use it one time in the last three years and you have to have detailed photos of the item you received, the posting of the item that you bid and won (screen shot), the package(box) it was in, the auction number, Buyee's auction number (starting with "A" then the ten-digit number), then wait for either more questions from Buyee or the determination of your refund (minus the fees). Then you'll see your refund in about a week in your PayPal account.

FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Fuji_010
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:50 pm

sosam117 wrote:Strange?
When I:

Not saying right versus wrong, as I really don't have a true clue on what is going on. Actually my point is that over time, what things seem to be is not always the case, there is more to the story.

This is why I now enjoy playing my saxes. lol!
FedEx, Fuji, and five days from Japan - Page 2 Dilber10
Scott Adams' Dilbert Cartoon.

GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2