Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. Cox_ba12

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Cribbs74 Yesterday at 10:52 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 11:34 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Tue May 07, 2024 7:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. Empty
Live on Patrol

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning.

Go down

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. Empty Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning.

Post  rsv1cox Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:03 am

Andras and Mauricio flying those little hot rod R/c's might appreciate.  Flight begins at about 9 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEGzsCksfqQ

For sale at wright-bros.com for $59.99
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. Empty Re: Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning.

Post  balogh Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Thanks for posting it Bob, pretty cool lil airplane with only a throttle control, and differential thrust control between the 2 out of 4 active motors on the wings, that replace the rudder or aileron for yaw...would probably cost me above a hundred bucks after postage and Hungarian tax..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. Empty Re: Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning.

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:40 am

I have a Nikko Boeing 747-300 (glued back together for display only) that uses the same principle.  No control surfaces at all.  Just throttle.  Turn right and outer right hand motor slows.  Turn left and outer left hand motor slows.  Full throttle it climbs, throttle back it decends.  Well, in theory anyway.

My late brother had just been to visit and showed off the model to our mother.  He was so excited!  It stood at his gliding club where he left it just before his own fateful flight.
I was determined to fly it in his honour, which he never got to do.  So, batteries charged, no wind, grassy sports field, full throttle, a gentle push- Splat!  Belly-flopped not ten feet in front of me.  No lift at all.  Tried again but this time I hadn't noticed that one of the motors wasn't working, so this time it spiralled in, smashing into several large chunks of foam.  Ah well! At least I had all the bits so I could glue it back together as a display.  I think my bro would have been a little disappointed. Sad
I quickly lost any affection for the Boeing after my failed flight attempt.

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. Screen29

Last edited by Oldenginerod on Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:53 am

These differential thrust dual motor planes basically fly like single channel rudder only aircraft with auxiliary throttle. (I say auxiliary, because that is the way it was with stuff 50 years ago. My Ace pulse system was modified with a quick blip push button throttle that toggled from high, to medium, to low / idle throttle, then back to high. The escapement systems toggled between high and medium/low throttle, depending on how set up.)

About the only down side with these motor only planes is that there must be adequate engine battery because they are the only steering mechanism.

About 8 years ago, I bought a Messerschmidt ME-110 dual engine bomber engine only R/C plane set. It had about a 17 inch wingspan. However, the battery systems then, although improved over earlier, was less capable and had shorter flights. It didn't do so well in our normally windy climate here. Kept it thinking to install the radio in a balsa plane, but it was hard to salvage being glued in place, primitive one-shot type installation, had to give up and toss it in the trash.

It is nice to see the return to the old days, in this day and age of sophisticated radio systems and controls.

Last edited by GallopingGhostler on Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further clarification.)
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:59 am

Rod I read your brother died in a flight accident recently..accept my condolences..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:15 am

balogh wrote:Rod I read your brother died in a flight accident recently..accept my condolences..
Thanks Andras.  I appreciate your words of condolence but it wasn't recently.  Almost 16 years ago actually.  He was in the Royal Australian Air Force in a desk job but died at an airshow while demonstrating his powered glider.  They never found a firm cause for the accident.

I thought it strange that he was so excited by the little Nikko Boeing.  He'd flown (full size) all his life and been on a number of flying adventures.  

Pete flew his little VW powered single seat Luton Minor all over Australia

Found an Ad for this in Air Classics this morning. 119_1910
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down