Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Old CL stunt ships never die they just........................... Cox_ba12

Old CL stunt ships never die they just........................... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 11:21 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by roddie Yesterday at 9:36 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 8:45 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Mon May 06, 2024 3:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Old CL stunt ships never die they just........................... Empty
Live on Patrol

Old CL stunt ships never die they just...........................

Go down

Old CL stunt ships never die they just........................... Empty Old CL stunt ships never die they just...........................

Post  SuperDave Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:43 pm

hang in grandsons' bedrooms and await refinishing.

My favorite was a Kenhi "Cougar" designed by Hi Johnson. 54" span, full flaps with Veco 35 power. I flew it in AMA stunt competitions at Sand Point NAS in Seattle and usually placed but never won. The plane has never been crashed and must have been flown a at least a hundred times. I built it in 1962 when I was but a pup.

I also built and flew other Hi Johnson designs like the "Bobcat" which was junior verson of the above. It too has never been crashed.

I have two grandsons and each has one of these planes hanging in his bedroom. This is not to say that I didn't crash when I learned to fly CL but once a skill level is attained it's actually pretty rare.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Old CL stunt ships never die they just........................... Empty Re: Old CL stunt ships never die they just...........................

Post  nitroairplane Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 pm

dave that was very good thing of you to do, give it to your grandsons or at least lend, hopefully seeing it every day will inspire them to join us in this fantastic hobby.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Old CL stunt ships never die they just........................... Empty Re: Old CL stunt ships never die they just...........................

Post  mitchg95 Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 pm

thats very cool Dave, i have my grandfathers Sig couger mk2 it has only been flown once and had a super tigre 60, I say "had" because my uncle put it in his cmpro 40 size Jap Zero. Its hanging above my bed right now and is always a pleasent sight to see in my room, i think that if my grandfather had not have keeped this airplane in his basement right now, i might now have had any interest in model airplanes and engines, i might never even learned about cox engines.
keep it up Dave, bet the kids love the airplanes in there rooms and i bet they look great:)
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:15 am

Although those planes are now principally gathering dust they are reminders to the g'sons of my long-held fascination with model aircraft. Whether they will ever fly again is yet to be determined and will depend on their interest in seeing them in the air. Currtently I have them flying CL 1/2A's to perfect their flying skills. Out there in the future is the prospect of them flying RC with the two full-sized EP "foamies" now hanging in my den.

It's a legacy thing for which I chose to be remembered, not as an old man sitting in his recliner, but an active guy with a whole lot of interests. Very Happy
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down