Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

New r / c model airplane project for Cox! - Page 4 Cox_ba12

New r / c model airplane project for Cox! - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 6:47 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

New r / c model airplane project for Cox! - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

New r / c model airplane project for Cox!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New r / c model airplane project for Cox! - Page 4 Empty Re: New r / c model airplane project for Cox!

Post  MauricioB Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:46 pm

Small Cox Logo Flying over the lagoon Small Cox Logo
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

New r / c model airplane project for Cox! - Page 4 Empty Re: New r / c model airplane project for Cox!

Post  balogh Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:28 am

Pretty strong headwinds when flying into the lagoon, that, in turn,  accelerate the plane when it flies from the lagoon..

Very nice video, Mauricio..

(In a similar experience with my smaller planes like the TD 010 and TD 020 driven Sharkface and Roaring 20, I sometimes faced  such headwinds that kept the plane floating in one place like a vulture over its prey lol! ...)
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:48 am

Thank You my friend you take me on a tour of Argentina and watch some incredible fling , I thought the birds were going to fly with You lol Smile That is one very strong plane the speed increase was pushed up when coming back RC Plane Flying Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Woody Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:54 pm

@MauricioB
I have just read this entire thread.
You are an excellent craftsman and I enjoyed the read and step by step photos.
Kim was the first to impress me with his Q Tee and now you have impressed me so much.
We have a small lathe so I can make clunk tanks like you now.
I was impressed how you made it.
What material did you use for the bung?
Did you stick the plan firstly to card to make the patterns?
Where would I obtain a Scamp plan please?
Thank you for the education.
Kim lost his cousin Bill but remembers him every time he flies Bill's Q Tee.
You lost Roberto but still think of him when you build and fly a particular model.
This truly reinforces my thoughts in that model planes are not just model planes but they have history and real people behind them that we remember.
When I make my scamp I will think of you!!!
I hope I do not sound mad.
But I think I am!!!
Woody
Woody
Woody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:17 pm

Dear friend Eric, thanks for your message, we keep sharing, in a while another video flying in nature, hugs!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Woody, thank you very much for your words, it makes me very good to know that all this encourages and drives feelings, because behind each model there is a story.
Now flying in nature takes me to a beautiful spiritual connection, it is something that I cannot explain exactly, it just feels and I am grateful to God, to life for allowing me to live all this.
I will be with you answering your questions in everything you need as soon as possible.
To your questions:
The cap I used is the commercial type used for glass bottles. here you can get them in bazaars of household items. I understand that there you will also get it in a similar store.
The SCAMP plan here you have it:
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=11965
remember that I have modified the original plan according to the steps that I was showing in the forum, you can ask me whatever you want and I will gladly answer you!
Yes, I print the plan and paste it on a piece of cardboard, then I cut out the pieces and hold them on the balsa wood with pins, then I copy the shapes with a very fine pencil or microfiber.

Look, this is another recently recorded video....
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:41 pm

Small Cox Logo flying in nature.... Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Woody Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:43 pm

MauricioB wrote: Small Cox Logo flying in nature.... Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
Excellent video.
Thank you for answering my questions. It is much appreciated.
I will build it as per plan no ailerons, no throttle to keep it really light and also simple.
A tail dragger version would suit me better as I have a rough and ready flying field.
Yes I relate to the spirituality of flying in nature.
Decades ago I was flying a full size Junior 60 in a huge meadow in mid summer.
I let it go really high until the engine cut.
It did not want to come down.
I also did not want it to come down but it started to hurt my neck looking upwards.
So I lay on my back with transmitter and glided it down over a good half hour as it caught thermals.
I was fully irretrievably in the moment. It was Bliss.
When it was time to land I was surrounded and encircled by curious cows and a lot of them!!!
I never forgot that day. I was alone with plane, meadow, summer sun shine and warmth and the company of cows who were once aeromodellers in their past lives [ thus the interest ].
Woody
Woody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:58 pm

Woody:
His story - anecdote is beautiful, really beautiful. It's good that you connect like this, in that way with the environment that surrounds you, I think those cows wanted to keep you company, because model airplanes unite and if they were model airplanes in another time, better this way!
The relationship between Cox and Nature is direct, since most of the people who acquired a Cox motor at that time were not part of a club and flew practically anywhere they could, I have seen them on boulevards, soccer fields, fields vacant lots and a few more places. With a friend Fabián, we started that way and that is why this connection with nature that I try to revive is really beautiful and nostalgic.
New r / c model airplane project for Cox! - Page 4 Captur10

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Miki60 Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:17 am

MauricioB wrote: Small Cox Logo flying in nature.... Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
Bellissimo! Very Happy
Miki60
Miki60

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:24 am

Another great flight ,is that sea/salt water ? You may have to opt. for some larger tires Very Happy Mauricio did you see Woodys last build he did a very nice job on the Q-Tee and home built fuel tank . I an sure the Scamp will bee no exception. This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon May 02, 2022 3:02 pm

Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo And in another part of the city, flying over the El Hinojo lagoon, the reliable Cox engine at all times made for beautiful flights in that place. Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
I share another flight video. Greetings!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4