Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Cox_ba12

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:43 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Tired of it all…
by roddie Today at 5:38 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Empty
Live on Patrol

Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  Tee Bee Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:20 pm

If it comes to that, I'll be ready to play, Rusty. The only issue is that I'm going to be out on a motorcycle trip for a couple of weeks starting this weekend. After returning home, I'd be glad to show the WSTE .010 some love. Smile
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:47 pm

That's okay Tee Bee. I haven't completely given up on contacting Dave even though I've had it longer than the suggested 2 weeks. I'll make a decision soon.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:59 pm

I need to get that list updated! Hopefully TDbandit is alright.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Bandit is fine, just a smokeless computer and he missed my text message. He called me this morning, and has a good plan for entertaining us with the Traveling Engine. I'll get it in the mail to him.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Good to know! I'm excited to see her next adventure.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:47 am

Good you got up with TDbandit i am sure he would not have wanted to miss out . RC Plane Babe Bee .049
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:05 am

Cool Deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 pm

Any news on the WSTE?
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:49 am

Hea TeeBee a Hurricane just went through Charleston SC , Hope Rusty is OK , don't know if he got it off to TDbandit or not before he went in the hospital last time .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:00 am

Dang, that's right. I hope everyone here is doing ok!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 am

Any updates on the World's Smallest Traveling Engine? Who has it?

Need to get some more involvement here too. Lists need updating.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:11 am

Yep, it got pretty quiet. Hope everything and everyone is doing well.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:46 am

Tee Bee wrote:Yep, it got pretty quiet.  Hope everything and everyone is doing well.  

Yep...was wondering about it too....
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Bump. Still quiet. Is the little fella still out there?
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Empty The Traveling .010 Engine

Post  modelbuilder49 Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:28 pm

Greetings folks!  Well, guess what Huh... ??  I received the Traveling .010 Engine today from TD Bandit and everything looks good.  I showed it to my wife and naturally her comment was "Oh that's so cuuute!!  Don't you have enough engines?? You jus' had ta' order another one ... didn'tcha??"  Shocked   Well, I explained what it was all about and she put the frying pan back in the cabinet Laughing  

So as per the rules, here's the photos and as I said, everything looks good.  I guess my only issue is that everything smelled strongly of tobacco smoke so I had to take a few minutes to wipe the case down and leave it sit out a bit. Other than that, I took a few receipt photos and then a few more photos of it compared to my .020 Rivets thinking I might be able to mount it and get in a good flight or two but I think I'd better just build something specifically for it.  I set it beside my Ken Willard design for CO-2 motor but I think I should try building either the Wee Bee by Robert Rahey or the Wee One by Bernie Shulman.

I guess my question is:  How long can/should I hold on to the engine Huh... ?  I'm not sure I can have the build complete in less than 60 days given all the issue going on in the world right now.  I couldn't find ... or I jus' plain missed the recommended time limit.  Anyway, thanks everyone for allowing me to be a part of this Smile Smile

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9610
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9611
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9612
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9615
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9614
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9613
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9616
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 Img_9617
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Howdy y'all!  Well, it's been a busy few days since the engine arrived.  I decided that this little gem required it's own plane and since I couldn't decide on one, I built both of them ... the Tee-Nee Delta and the Flying License Plate.  I'll post more about them when they're all covered and ready to fly.

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 7 2020-010
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:02 pm

LOOKING GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:12 am

Good to see it on the move again and you got it in good shape !! Airplane is looking Good Too !! I think it would have flown the Bi-plane just fine , but since it already has a to bee home what the hay,, Glad your wife is going to use the frypan for something else lol! This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:51 am

Yep! This thread lives again! Carry on.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Tue May 12, 2020 11:38 am

Howdy y'all! Well, the engine is on its way to Fred via USPS. The tracking number is: 9505 5158 4888 0132 5658 51. It should arrive Friday 05/15/20.

Jim Carter
Titusville, FL
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue May 12, 2020 12:22 pm

As a very at risk to COVID shut in--- the photo journal of MY Cen Texas area will be significantly curtailed

That Said, I am jazzed to get it and will desperately try to live up to CEF standards of interest and intrigue

next in line please PM your adress ASAP cuz I will only have it this weekend (I assume)

I have not noticed are we each adding in stickers or other memorabilia like we all did with the .049 world traveler?

If we want to adjust the next in line.....I have the resources to get to Andras in Budapest Hungry...this jumps over a lot of USA guys

not suggesting Batjac is not willing to afford the freight

Not heard from Duke in two years....suspect life has him not playing airplane theses days

note....sending to Cescoturbo in Italy should be from EU TO EU country....engines to Italy from US rarely arrive

note #2...and I bet Andras Balogh will verify.....international shipping to Hungry with true description and value will certainly trigger excessive customs and VAT charges for the sender and receiver......

we need to discuss this reality....
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 am

Fred I must agree with you..having that nice package with the smallest traveling engine over here to Europe these COVID-19 times would put the program to risk. As written in another post it took 2 months for a package to make it from batjack in Oregon to me in Budapest, even without going through customs. I am not sure how the value of the engine is to be declared as this would enter Hungary temporarily only without import duties to be paid, and leave for Italy etc.afterwards..

So with bleeding heart I would decline to participate, and maybe Cescoturbo in Italy follows me for the same considerations.

I suggest we skip the European leg of the trip this time.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed May 13, 2020 8:11 am

please every body climb in....I brow beat Andras to sign up and I am seriously committed to see this micro engine circumnavigate our CEF world

I have the resources to get it across the Atlantic or Pacific.....but then does the recipient get hosed trying to forward the lil bugger

for those unaware:
Sender has to fill out a customs declaration form.
The country of origin of an item can trigger entry to some foreign countries $$$$ charges like Value Added Taxes (VAT).
Sender usually does not pay this, the recipient does.
Cox TeeDee 0.010 typically sell around or above $200 US....
you may legally assign ANY value to an item shipped...BUT for the insurance you must declare the true replacement cost

so...being nice to your recipient as relates to customs fees and any VAT you declare the lil bugger is $25 and thus max insurance you can buy is $25...

then package is lost or significantly damaged....

Well if it was MY engine I just eat the loss and refund recipient his money (engine sale)

in this case, our host Jacob owns the lil bugger....I would be obligated to compensate him his loss

I sold all my Cox 0.010s

in a no COVID world I never got stung under declaring stuff to Foreign countries and thus the recipients did not get stung paying excessive import duty or VAT fees....

I sincerely want this lil bugger to be Representative of the CEF international family:

England
Hungry
Sweden
Italy
Poland
Thailand
Singapore
Germany
Arkansas....grin

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed May 13, 2020 8:52 am

I am reading but since i have had it i don't have a preference > i always put Toy engine on the description with the standard insurance and a low cost of replacement < The List ....
Status
Username
Had It
Jason_WI Neenah, WI
Had It
Marleysky Grand Rapids, MI
Had It
Kim Jackson, MO
Had It
GWILLIEFOX Beaver Falls, PA
Had It
dckrsn Centerport, NY
Had It
getback Julian, NC
Had It
RknRusty Columbia, SC
Had It
TDbandit
Fort Valley, GA
Where It's At
badbill Centerville, GA
Ready
modelbuilder49 Titusville, FL

fredvon4 Lampasas, TX

Tee Bee Angleton, TX

Cribbs74 Tuttle, OK

GUS THE I.A. Wichita, KS

JPvelo Phoenix, AZ
happydad Escondido, CA
batjac Portland, OR
silent
duke.johnson Rochester, WA

balogh Budapest, Hungary

jmcalata Guadalajara, Spain

Cescoturbo
Italy

pkrankow Marion, OH

rsv1cox
WV
Ready
Jason_WI
Neenah, WI
Ready Admin Roseville, MN

UPDATED: 3-19-2020
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Wed May 13, 2020 11:19 am

I guess I'm confused a bit. Why are you looking to send it overseas at this point if:

1). You are worried about the risk of loss in the Covid 19 delivery nightmare. I have several lost packages enroute from overseas that are no longer being tracked at this time by the shippers. I wander if I'll ever receive them.
2). Others just down the list from you are located nearby in TX, OK, KS, AZ, etc.

Either way, I'll be ready to play with it and forward it on should it ever arrive here on the TX coast. I'm mostly just glad to see the little engine moving again, either way!

Troy

Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next