Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Cox_ba12

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:10 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Empty
Live on Patrol

Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  balogh Fri May 24, 2019 10:31 am

Great flights Eric!
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Empty WSTE

Post  66 Malibu Fri May 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Great job Eric !!!
The vids told the heart of the hobby with you and your son building your plane and then having a ball flying it with the WSTE !!!
Keep living the dream Sir !!!
Steve...…….
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  GWILLIEFOX Fri May 24, 2019 6:08 pm

The smaller an engine gets, the harder it is to produce the fits and finishes need for it to run. I don't know if Cox built millions of these, but they sure built hundreds of thousands. I never heard of one that wouldn't run. Cox sure had their ducks in a row!
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri May 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Nice job Eric.  It must have been hard work, since you were so tired you had to lay down & take a nap at the end of the flight.
lol! lol! lol!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Awesome Eric! Looks like you had more fun than should be allowed. Nice to see the weather improving and the engine back out getting some action.

Memorial Day

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sat May 25, 2019 5:04 am

Way to go Eric, that looked like a good time, looks like you and your son had fun , great to see that
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat May 25, 2019 5:29 am

Looked like fun, Eric !!!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue May 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Ok the WSTE is on its way to Rusty in SC with 100$ insurance gase him the heads up and track # I did use another box and packing (my dog ate some the other LOL ) Signed off on it and did the inventory , wiped engine down /oiled lightly Thanks again to Jason / Jacob and COX inter. for making this happen !! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logotraveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Img_2057
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Img_2056
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Img_2055

Last edited by getback on Tue May 28, 2019 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the pics DUH!!)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue May 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Good Job Eric and son! looks like it made you pretty dizzy! Glad to see another few flights!

Awesome work guys!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:22 am

Ah, yes, this is the correct thread, I posted first in an old one.
I have the Tee Dee .010 here in Columbia now, it flew in from Eric in North Carolina Thursday. Nice little kit box, and everything is clean and ready to run. I'll give y'all an update on its adventures during its stay with me. After watching Eric's videos, I'm not sure if I can fly it, but I'll try to do something that isn't boring. It I can trim the little Ringmaster to do lazy 8s then I'll give it a try over at the churchyard.

Hey, Ron, I don't s'pose you're coming to Columbia any time soon are you? You could help me out with the flight if you were here.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:48 am

Well I am on a plane in Charlotte, but headed back to OKC! Sorry Sad
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Empty The Travelling engine visits Huntersville.

Post  RknRusty Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:16 am

The Traveling engine has been on my table for a couple of weeks now, and the Carolina Gang had a meeting at Huntersville on the schedule for today(Saturday)... what a great opportunity for the TE to visit and report from such a great and proudly storied modeling location. I'd actually forgotten about the meeting until Thursday evening when Wayne called asking if we could ride together.

The plan was to take the little Micro Ringmaster and find one of my trusted buddies to fly it as my proxy(since I'm not in flying shape) while I got the camera on it. But I was feeling a bit infirm and the Baby Ring needed its elevator horn replaced and engine swapped, and I was not up to the last minute chore on Friday night... so we went with the engine and it's box with no airframe. It turned out okay. Everyone was interested in it and gathered around while I told the story behind CEF and the engine's journey around the world. I suggested we do a group photo of the Carolina Gang after the meeting. It was a small crowd today, but they were enthusiastic as we gathered on the lower circle for a pose.

And here we are, except for Will Davis, because he and Melissa were the photogs. I think he joined us for a last shot by Melissa, but I haven't gotten it from  him yet. But here are the pics I got from my camera:

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Traveling%20Engine%202019%20sm
The Gang is - Big folks are Duck, Neville, Wayne, Max, Wayne's rabbit ears over my head, Me, Brian, and Don Jenkins. Little Folks are Kyle(Duck's Grandson) and Wesley(Will and Melissa'ss Grandson).
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Traveling%20Engine%202019%20%282%29

And here is a bonus treat, a video made by Will:
https://youtu.be/XhzV4WiQe64

I'm so very disappointed that I didn't get to fly the engine, but I think this is second best I could do. And it was worth the trip. It was a really fun day, I'm so glad I made myself go. Seeing all my flying buddies gave me a much needed lift. And then Wayne and I drove almost all the way home through the longest and worst slamming wind and roaring rain I have Ever driven in. My knuckles are still white. But we made it home safely, and Holley had hot coffee waiting for us.

I didn't see a thread specifically for TE reports, but if there is one, please point me to it and I will move this thread over there. And I'll need to know the next destination so I can shoot this little jewel off to the awaiting CEFer.

Thanks for the opportunity to play in the sun and entertain y'all... yes, it was a beautiful hot sunny day until Wayne and I got back in the car.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:10 am

RknRusty wrote:

That's quite a flight there Rusty.  Can we call that last manoeuvre a loop?
I'm guessing it was electric with an R/C throttle, right?  Good to see him starting young.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:54 am

Looked like a great time out flying Rusty!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:17 am

I got the biggest kick out of that video Rusty. Shades of Marks youth.

Thanks for sharing.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:42 am

That was Grandpa Will Davis with the throttle and coaching advice... how about that North Carolina farmer's accent. And 4 year old Wesley at the handle. I think we can call that a proper figure 9, lol.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:58 am

Good times can't beat that , the little engine got some attention and that means a lot ! That little Westly had it going on to bee so young , Good job !!  I know it was a lot of last minute prep for me before any flights . I think here it were the post should go .. https://www.coxengineforum.com/t8589p125-follow-the-world-s-smallest-traveling-engine   Who is up next ? Looks like the TDbandit is up ..  traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 6 Screen13 Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:26 am

Thanks, Eric. I'll call David right away. This thing has been moving pretty slowly, so I'll do my part to speed it up.
And I need to fill out the logbook today too.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:36 am

RknRusty wrote:That was Grandpa Will Davis with the throttle and coaching advice... how about that North Carolina farmer's accent. And 4 year old Wesley at the handle. I think we can call that a proper figure 9, lol.
Rusty

That was a MOST enjoyable video Rusty! Glad that you got to go.. and really glad that you made it home safely. Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smooth_bill Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:31 pm

Rusty,

Thanks for posting that truly heart warming video of young Wesley flying.

I think they should add that last maneuver to the 1/2 A stunt pattern! A tail slide to an inverted pancake landing has to be a first. Clapping  Clapping   Clapping

Best regards from a still smiling grandfather, and great-grandfather.

Bill
smooth_bill
smooth_bill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:08 pm

smooth_bill wrote:...Best regards from a still smiling grandfather, and great-grandfather.

Bill
Haha, I'm glad you got a kick out of that, Bill. I did too.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:35 pm

It looks like everyone got a kick out of it. I'm sorry you didn't get to fly it, maybe next time Wink . Very cool Rusty!. Thumbs Up

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:59 am

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing, Rusty. This is a neat project!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 am

Well, Dang... Bandit is next on the list but is MIA via Text and PM messaging. He also has not logged in here at CEF since March, 4 months ago. Anyone know where he might be? I'll keep trying.

If it is too much longer, we'll have to skip him. the next two up are Modelbuilder49 in Titusville, Florida and Fred Von Gortler in Lampasas, Texas.

Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:44 am

FRED need moved down the list for a next year turn
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next