Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Cox_ba12

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joe Wagners Sioux
by Eddy Today at 6:48 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Today at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Empty
Live on Patrol

Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  modelbuilder49 Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 am

Good morning everybody! Well, I'm at piece now. I checked the USPS tracking and see that the "little gem" arrived at its destination in Lampasas Texas on Thursday the 14th. Fred, I hope you have as much fun as I did!

Jim Carter
Titusville FL
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Empty Re: Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine!

Post  fredvon4 Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 pm

sorry Jim to be late acknowledging receipt....so yes got it...but under weather so will play later then on to TeeBee I think
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon May 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Fred,

Take all the time you need. Hope you feel better.

Jason
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Mon May 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Agreed! Take your time, Fred. Enjoy it!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Empty Hi Everyone!

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:22 am

Hi All!
I'm checking in here to see what the status of the engine's travels is. It seems as though the engine is purring right along!

There may still be some good flying weather by the time it arrives in Kansas. Let's hope! It will be fun, no matter what!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:43 am

I am shipping it to TeeBee I think....soon.....next ten days

if you are next TeeBee, PM your address please
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Will do, Fred!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Nice! I'll get the list updated. Beer Cheers

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:02 am

The WSTE arrived safe yesterday evening from Fred. I’m excited to open the box and play but the next few days look to be more than interesting for us in other ways. It looks like we’re going to luck out on TropicaL Storm/Hurricane Marco but now Laura is forecast to turn more westerly and head for this area as a possible Category 2 or 3 hurricane. I have to secure/board up our house and my mom’s house possibly tomorrow. I work in Water Distribution at a major chemical plant complex on the coast in Freeport and serve on the Hurricane Duty crew during these storms. Looks like things will be a little complicated until this all passes or misses us entirely. Wish us well!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm

Good luck, Troy!💪🌀
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:12 am

Wishing you a complete miss in the hurricane and happy to hear the engine made it just fine !! Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Be careful and stay safe out there.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:26 am

I’ve been able to take just a little time to play with the WSTE between other priorities.  I really enjoyed looking through the journal entries!  The tiny machine posed briefly on my Cox display shelf before “work” began.  In anticipation of flying the engine on one of my .010-powered models, I carefully removed the fuel tank and replaced it with the backplate mount.   All of my current .010 planes have fuselage tanks.  Hopefully Hurricane Laura will go ashore to our east with little or no local damage.  We’ll know soon.  Once all that passes, the storm shutters have been removed and stored away, and life allows, I look forward to bringing the little engine to life.  A few pics of the engine during it’s first few days here:

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 26f1db10
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Df4eb010
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 8dd83110
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 Ff131710
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 8ab51010
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 B0edb110

Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:35 am

Mounted!
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 E507d810
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:44 am

Nice! Awesome to the see the little engine getting some attention. cheers Great pictures Hand Shake Beer Cheers

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:51 am

Oh, I've been stoked to see this little gem!
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:25 am

Nice reception of the wee one.

Should be interesting to see how much power the engine
puts out in the air after all the roaming run up's.

Small Cox Logo RC Plane Popcorn  Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Charging some batteries in anticipation of the weekend. It’s almost time to see if the WSTE can be brought to life!

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 97b54b10
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 pm

Sorry for taking this off topic, but I have to ask Tee Bee. What is that nice little plane beside the WSTE with orange nose ansd white main fuselage.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 pm

Let er rip, tater chip!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Run it like you stole it. I have spares available Smile

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:29 pm

NEW222, the orange/white plane is a Stu Richmond Corkscrew I built from plans 9 years ago. It has been shelved for a couple of years in need of some minor repairs. Powered by an OS .25FX. Planning to get it back in the air this weekend, hopefully.

“Let er rip, tater chip!” “Run it like you stole it.” Will do!

Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:12 pm

I took the WSTE .010 out to the field this morning with high hopes of flying it.  It wasn’t to be today.  Despite all my efforts, I could never get the engine to run beyond a few mere seconds of low RPMs.  I swapped out the Venturi and needle valve assembly with one off of a known good performer with the same results.  I ended up draining both of my glow drivers without any success.  The head  glows hot.  It draws fuel.  Compression feels very weak compared to the .010s I usually run from my own collection.  I was using Sig Champion 25 fuel that has been spiked with a little extra castor.  It runs great in all my Cox engines.  This partial bottle of fuel has been in use for some time.  It ran great in my .010s and .049s a few weeks ago.  I am charging my glow batteries back up and will open a fresh bottle of fuel tomorrow morning, hoping for better results.  If that doesn’t do the trick, I’ll probably try some 35% nitro fuel.  Beyond that, I’m not sure.  I’m curious about the piston cup clearance but don’t want to be “the guy” who ruins it while trying to disassemble the cylinder.  Crossing fingers that this little engine still has enough pop in it to fire up and pull a plane around the sky.  Stay tuned....

It wasn’t a wasted trip to the field as I was still able to get some flying in with my old Corkscrew. A few of us also knocked out some pre-work for a little club get-together out there tomorrow. If I can get it to run and fly, there just might be a captive audience!
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 65b1aa10
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 4d13e310
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:45 pm

If you feel the piston and cylinder are bad I can send you another set. It might be time for a reset on the piston but that never fixes bad compression.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:08 pm

Today’s update: I spent the day attending an unofficial fun-fly with the fine folks of the Brazoria County Modelers Association at our club field in Oyster Creek, TX. I wasn’t able to get the engine to run today, even with fresh fuel and hot glow batteries. It will run with very little power for just a few seconds at the most. I’m no expert but I’m also not new to running TD .010s. I finally threw in the towel and bolted up one of my engines to the Tee Stik and proceeded to fly. There was a celebratory roar from the pits when it started up because most of them were unaware that I had switched engines. Throughout the day, other flyers stopped by and asked to see the tiny traveling Cox engine as word spread about it. I made sure to take time for some photo ops. I flew my RR1-powered Sharkface(ran great!)as well as some larger glow powered planes as the day went on. A friend had me perform the trim out flights on several of his electric models. A fun day!

Once things are packed away from the weekend of flying, I’ll spend some more time at the desk looking at the TD .010. Currently, I’m suspecting that it simply lacks enough compression to run with authority. I’m not giving up just yet. Per Jason, another piston/cylinder may be the ticket. I’ll stay on it. For now, some pics of the WSTE having a fine day on the Texas coast:

traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 3c312110
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 22167710
traveling engine - Follow The World's Smallest Traveling Engine! - Page 8 65f25810
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next